Surf back in Presidio

There were 43 clubs in attendance, 8 not in attendance and the total number of votes for and against Surf was 50. Did some of the clubs that were not in attendance vote by proxy?
Great point. I highly doubt that each club remembered to give a proxy. Curious results. If you look at the geographic locations of the 3 clubs that were voted in, one in far south SD, one in central SD and one in north SD. With roughy the same number of votes for each, voting does not look like it was based on fear of competition from neighboring clubs. I would love to know what they told SD Barcelona in response to their request for information under the Open Discussion section. I am going to have to ask around. Please PM me if you know.

Great point. I highly doubt that each club remembered to give a proxy. Curious results. If you look at the geographic locations of the 3 clubs that were voted in, one in far south SD, one in central SD and one in north SD. With roughy the same number of votes for each, voting does not look like it was based on fear of competition from neighboring clubs. I would love to know what they told SD Barcelona in response to their request for information under the Open Discussion section. I am going to have to ask around. Please PM me if you know.
I'll ask some of my contacts around to see if any of them have any 411 on this. But yes it does seem odd that the 3 clubs voted in were around the same votes and they have something to offer (Fields/Facilities).

SWSC - Galway Downs
Surf - Polo Fields
Fut7 - Futbol Factory

I'll ask some of my contacts around to see if any of them have any 411 on this. But yes it does seem odd that the 3 clubs voted in were around the same votes and they have something to offer (Fields/Facilities).

SWSC - Galway Downs
Surf - Polo Fields
Fut7 - Futbol Factory
Offer the Futbol Factory to whom?

Last year Surf only got 17 votes in favor. 32 is a big turnaround. Interesting that last year they quickly voted to destroy the ballots and this year they did not. But I am not sure the significance.
Looking at Strikers, they are still listed as SWSC. So I am not sure the purpose in keeping them out of Presidio. Also where is SD Barcelona's teams going to play? Forcing kids to travel so far for games simply because they want to stay with a particular coach is wrong. All the DOCs and Presidio should be ashamed of themselves.

Last year Surf only got 17 votes in favor. 32 is a big turnaround..
Obviously field use played into them getting in Presidio. Even the Rebels are using the Polo Fields for their tournament this year. I love it when votes can be bought.

SWSC - Galway Downs
Surf - Polo Fields
Fut7 - Futbol Factory
Obviously field use played into them getting in Presidio. Even the Rebels are using the Polo Fields for their tournament this year. I love it when votes can be bought.
Took you this long to figure this out?
I knew other were using the Polo Fields but surprised Rebels are using it. I did not know their tournament was even big enough to need a place like that. Unfortunately same shitty refs they high from out of the country that you cannot even have a conversation with.

But you still have not answered the question of why the Futbol Factory would be a benefit large enough to other clubs that they would vote for the new DS7 club? And I thought you were going to check around about the voting?

... Unfortunately same shitty refs they high from out of the country that you cannot even have a conversation with...

San Diego County Soccer Referee association is doing Rebels cup for the second year in a row. I don't know who they had assigning it prior.

San Diego County Soccer Referee association is doing Rebels cup for the second year in a row. I don't know who they had assigning it prior.
Good to know. In years past they cut corners and used refs with questionable credentials. I believe there was a thread or 2 on the old forum about the inferior refs which included a lack of cards.

I knew other were using the Polo Fields but surprised Rebels are using it. I did not know their tournament was even big enough to need a place like that. Unfortunately same shitty refs they high from out of the country that you cannot even have a conversation with.

But you still have not answered the question of why the Futbol Factory would be a benefit large enough to other clubs that they would vote for the new DS7 club? And I thought you were going to check around about the voting?
The owner of the FF agreed to let local clubs to continue to rent space for practice/special events at the FF. Plus people are not worry DV7 making a huge impact. Their Kool Aid factor is not that sugared up and I haven't confirmed that every kid is free as long they are member.

I asked a few people and they are hush hush about the whole thing other than saying that Surf is being apologetic about the actions and arrogance of the past regime. Nobody would budge when I asked about the fields, player poaching, etc.

The owner of the FF agreed to let local clubs to continue to rent space for practice/special events at the FF. Plus people are not worry DV7 making a huge impact. Their Kool Aid factor is not that sugared up and I haven't confirmed that every kid is free as long they are member.

I asked a few people and they are hush hush about the whole thing other than saying that Surf is being apologetic about the actions and arrogance of the past regime. Nobody would budge when I asked about the fields, player poaching, etc.
The Futball Factory would rent it out no matter what, that is good
business.

As for the last regime at Surf being responsible for their past attitude is a farce. Collin did not do this. It was THIS regime right when they rose to power. Way to blame the guy that built the good reputation for the club that they then dumped.

I don’t think you can find anyone more arrogant than Bryan.

The Futball Factory would rent it out no matter what, that is good
business.

As for the last regime at Surf being responsible for their past attitude is a farce. Collin did not do this. It was THIS regime right when they rose to power. Way to blame the guy that built the good reputation for the club that they then dumped.

I don’t think you can find anyone more arrogant than Bryan.
That just tells you how things goes around in the club soccer community. At the end of the day is their problem and they will have to face the consequences of letting them in, or rip the benefits of Polo Fields or beating up on E and F teams of Surf.

I just wish that these people have a little bit of self respect and dignity. I wonder if NG voted against it since there is no Albion at Man City this weekend.

Not this year. Rebels are using SDCSRA for their refs so you get a lot of refs that work College, Surf Cup, DA, ECNL and the SD adult leagues.

That just tells you how things goes around in the club soccer community. At the end of the day is their problem and they will have to face the consequences of letting them in, or rip the benefits of Polo Fields or beating up on E and F teams of Surf.

I just wish that these people have a little bit of self respect and dignity. I wonder if NG voted against it since there is no Albion at Man City this weekend.
I’ve been there for meetings but not an official vote like this. Are they written? I bet they just use hands like they do for everything else so you can see who voted for who. I am sure the new clubs wait outside during the vote but if you have a friend in the room...

Field availability is a constant headache for clubs, so the being able to use the Polo fields for tournaments is probably what changed.

While the new management at Surf was certainly arrogant when they withdrew from Presidio, the old management had its problems as well.

Looks like the Surf are using their leverage to push two teams into each SDDA flight 1 seeding. Two teams each in the 2010, 2009, and 2008. Given, their first level teams are deserving, the second surf teams for 2009 and 2008 didn’t make it out of bracket play in the 2018 Governor’s cup! Does that say something regarding the quality of teams that played in SDDA flight 1 last year? What happen to the placing of 1st and 2nd place teams in flight 2 from last year moving up to flight 1 for this year? Will have to see if this trend occurs in the older flights.

upload_2018-6-1_10-30-51.png

upload_2018-6-1_10-30-51.png

Looks like the Surf are using their leverage to push two teams into each SDDA flight 1 seeding. Two teams each in the 2010, 2009, and 2008. Given, their first level teams are deserving, the second surf teams for 2009 and 2008 didn’t make it out of bracket play in the 2018 Governor’s cup! Does that say something regarding the quality of teams that played in SDDA flight 1 last year? What happen to the placing of 1st and 2nd place teams in flight 2 from last year moving up to flight 1 for this year? Will have to see if this trend occurs in the older flights.

View attachment 2715

View attachment 2714
Do you have a link? I do not see it up yet on the Presidio website.

Back