Surf back in Presidio

I am not crediting Surf for building the fields. I am crediting them (I believe it is "Surf Cup Inc." or something as opposed to Surf the club) with taking good care of the fields and getting many soccer competitions there including State/Nat Cup and the GDA Summer showcase. Surf Cup Inc. would not exist if not for Surf the club, so indirectly Surf has helped to bring large competitions to SD county thereby minimizing travel requirements for many SoCal families.

I don't think discussing fields is completely off track. I would not be surprised if it is one of the things that makes Presidio willing to let Surf back in. One of the other "common sense requirements" are things like being able to pay the bills. I think Surf can pay it's bills while some of the startup clubs may struggle with that.

I am not crediting Surf for building the fields. I am crediting them (I believe it is "Surf Cup Inc." or something as opposed to Surf the club) with taking good care of the fields and getting many soccer competitions there including State/Nat Cup and the GDA Summer showcase. Surf Cup Inc. would not exist if not for Surf the club, so indirectly Surf has helped to bring large competitions to SD county thereby minimizing travel requirements for many SoCal families.

I don't think discussing fields is completely off track. I would not be surprised if it is one of the things that makes Presidio willing to let Surf back in. One of the other "common sense requirements" are things like being able to pay the bills. I think Surf can pay it's bills while some of the startup clubs may struggle with that.

The payments to Presidio aren't all that much.

I enjoyed those weekend trips to Lancaster, and San Bernardino,

You are one of the few that enjoyed traveling to Lancaster, although I read Chuck Yeager liked it. At this point, we have done enough soccer travel and are happy anytime the kids can play in the county.

You are one of the few that enjoyed traveling to Lancaster, although I read Chuck Yeager liked it. At this point, we have done enough soccer travel and are happy anytime the kids can play in the county.

If you have any reason to believe your kid may play in college, Lancaster may someday seem like a local stop.

One of the other "common sense requirements" are things like being able to pay the bills. I think Surf can pay it's bills while some of the startup clubs may struggle with that.
Without looking at their financials you do not know who is able to pay their bills. Both big and small clubs over expend. Moreover, it is not like the old days were clubs could rack up big bills to Presidio. Ref fees are paid at the fields directly to the refs. So again, I am not sure what fees they can pay that other clubs could not pay. Plus whenever there is an issue, bonds are always an option.

Clubs need to supply fields. That usually means the club is paying rental fees to someone. If the club fails to keep up on the rental fees, it can impact league play.

Clubs need to supply fields. That usually means the club is paying rental fees to someone. If the club fails to keep up on the rental fees, it can impact league play.
Can you give me one example of this impacting league games for that particular season?

Can you give me one example of this impacting league games for that particular season?

Oh Jesus!!! Would you stop? This seems like one of those old JaP vs Espola threads except you are both JaP and Espola. Presidio and the Presidio clubs let Surf in this year. Who really gives a crap if Surf plays in Presidio, CSL, SCDSL? The parents will put their kids where they want and pay what they want. It really does not matter who paid for what field, rents or gets free fields, or likes traveling to Lancaster, Surf is back in Presidio and no amount of bitching on an online soccer forum will change that fact.

I for one am glad to see Surf back into Presido/SDDA since it means more opportunities to referee at the nice smooth Polo fields instead of some crappy cow pasture in the East County or South Bay.

The biggest switch and bait ever done! That place although it has nice playing fields is nothing of what was originally proposed.

I have a good question for you or anybody that defends Surf. Name at least one player that Surf develop and is a National Team player. Even better yet, that is a starter in MLS.

Not defending Surf, but couldn't you ask that question to a majority of clubs, large and small, and get the same answer?

Oh Jesus!!! Would you stop? This seems like one of those old JaP vs Espola threads except you are both JaP and Espola. Presidio and the Presidio clubs let Surf in this year. Who really gives a crap if Surf plays in Presidio, CSL, SCDSL? The parents will put their kids where they want and pay what they want. It really does not matter who paid for what field, rents or gets free fields, or likes traveling to Lancaster, Surf is back in Presidio and no amount of bitching on an online soccer forum will change that fact.

I for one am glad to see Surf back into Presido/SDDA since it means more opportunities to referee at the nice smooth Polo fields instead of some crappy cow pasture in the East County or South Bay.
As you know you can ignore me. Generally Outside has good comments but today I think someone has taken over this account. He makes huge leaps in logic for the basis to let Surf into Presidio, such as Surf meeting "common sense requirements" that other clubs can't meet, that the issue with other clubs having to travel is an issue caused by the clubs, that Surf is responsible for the Socal Complex, that they are more likely to pay their bill to Presidio, field rental expenses are somehow paid to Presidio or then if a club does not keep up on the field expense it will impact league play.

If you look at my post #21 I say that Surf should be let in as well as all other clubs that meet minimum requirements without a vote. I also challenge the statement that Outside and E did not answer about Surf bullying the league and their opponents. I just hate gossip and would rather people stick to facts or just say it is their opinion.

Not defending Surf, but couldn't you ask that question to a majority of clubs, large and small, and get the same answer?
Corona played for Aztecs and Nomads, Cherundolo played in Nomads, and Arriola played in Rangers, and since they are overriding the Ariel wave, add Albion as well.

Surf is the role model to emulate for any youth sports organization that wants to make millions of dollars without any measurable results. And please don't give me the whole college placement. The only thing they have done for youth soccer is have one of the best tournaments in the nation, and its getting very watered down too.

Corona played for Aztecs and Nomads, Cherundolo played in Nomads, and Arriola played in Rangers, and since they are overriding the Ariel wave, add Albion as well.

Surf is the role model to emulate for any youth sports organization that wants to make millions of dollars without any measurable results. And please don't give me the whole college placement. The only thing they have done for youth soccer is have one of the best tournaments in the nation, and its getting very watered down too.

How long do players have to be at a club before they can take credit for their development?

The tournament was so good that knowledgeable Surf insiders split it out as a separate entity under their control years ago.

How long do players have to be at a club before they can take credit for their development?

That underscores the weakness of the boys PDA program from the start. By initially supporting only teams for older players, they avoided the hard work of actual development and (at least in the San Diego area) forced those clubs to either rely on their present older boys teams or to attempt to recruit the best local players (you know - the ones who had "developed" at other clubs).

No one club I have seen has the total package to develop a player properly.....my DD's have developed greatly playing for different clubs and coaches in both team and guest atmosphere....I don't want any club claiming her development....ONLY themselves for keeping an open mind and learning from all their surroundings and all the hard work they put in for themselves.

Back