Surf back in Presidio

Should Presidio never let Surf back in?
I asked my question first. What are the common sense requirements for why they should be let back in?

Also I am just asking why they were rejected last year but this year they are in? What changed.

Finally their are plenty of kids from San Diego that should play locally but won’t have that opportunity. I heard GPS kids will be traveling. What about Nomads? Why are the kids at Surf more entitled?

To answer your question, if Presidio DOCs want to keep their market share/niche at younger ages, no Surf should never be let in. I however believe that every team and club should be let in as long as they meet their field and financial responsibilities as well as not having any lapses in looking at for the welfare of children.

Also I am just asking why they were rejected last year but this year they are in? What changed.
It does seem a bit fishy. My guess is that Surf has something Presidio wants, or somebody got paid off. Don't expect to see any transparency on the voting from Presidio. The issue with other clubs having to travel is an issue caused by the clubs, not Presidio.

I asked my question first. What are the common sense requirements for why they should be let back in?

Finally their are plenty of kids from San Diego that should play locally but won’t have that opportunity. I heard GPS kids will be traveling. What about Nomads? Why are the kids at Surf more entitled?

To answer your question, if Presidio DOCs want to keep their market share/niche at younger ages, no Surf should never be let in. I however believe that every team and club should be let in as long as they meet their field and financial responsibilities as well as not having any lapses in looking at for the welfare of children.
upload_2018-4-30_20-7-53.png

I didn't forget anything about how Surf has bullied the league and their opponents. That does not change the fact that a bunch of little kids are not to blame for any of it. Should Presidio never let Surf back in?
It is not blaming the kids at all. If the parents don't want to drive, they can play somewhere else. The only ones who were hurting the kids were the parents. There are plenty of other options around Del Mar. Surf were a-holes when they left and they should never have been let back in.

Surf begged to be let back in last year (and likely this year) because their lower level teams that are really bad got their a$$es handed to them to the tune of double digit to 0 blowouts. Parents paying thousands for the sticker and gear were not happy to travel and get trounced. I've spoken to many of them. These teams are just there to pad the bottom line, and have no business charging AYSO players what they do. The teams often played in the Mayors (ie. recreational level) bracket at state cup.

But now they're back, and they can collect these huge fees, and the parents can be happy again to win games at AA-B and AA-C, with the sticker proudly displayed on the overpriced SUV.

It does seem a bit fishy. My guess is that Surf has something Presidio wants, or somebody got paid off. Don't expect to see any transparency on the voting from Presidio. The issue with other clubs having to travel is an issue caused by the clubs, not Presidio.
It is the fishy part they I am questioning. What changed?

But as far as the travel issue, it was caused by Surf voluntarily pulling their teams out of Presidio AFTER parents paid for the season. And the issue of not being let back in last year was caused by their flippit comments about a lack of competition when they left. Parents that chose to stay at Surf only have themselves to blame for the travel when there are plenty of good clubs nearby and most kids travel pretty far just to get to Surf.

However I believe that any coach that can bring even 1
team should be allowed to play in Presidio if it truly is about the kids.

“I feel the addition of the Presidio League, which will become another fantastic pathway for our players alongside SCDSL, NPL, ECNL and the DA, will allow us to better achieve our mission of training and developing players to fulfill their fullest potential.”

There’s that word again. You can’t read an article about youth soccer without “pathway” being mentioned at least once. It’s becoming more common than “development” these days.

How many clubs have teams in multiple Fall leagues? (Not including DA or ECNL)

“I feel the addition of the Presidio League, which will become another fantastic pathway for our players alongside SCDSL, NPL, ECNL and the DA, will allow us to better achieve our mission of training and developing players to fulfill their fullest potential.”

There’s that word again. You can’t read an article about youth soccer without “pathway” being mentioned at least once. It’s becoming more common than “development” these days.

Most. Force, Sharks, Cbad, Express, SDSC all had Presidio and SCDSL last year.

I cringe every time I hear "pathway". The only pathway is your kids own ability and commitment.

Timmy I was thinking about you when I read that! And whala! You point it out! Thanks for pointing out these frauds and their fancy words.

Surf should never be allowed back in Presidio! Presidio lost any luster it had because when Surf yanked their best teams(Surf used to have their top teams play Premier if they qualified) and took them north, that created another exodus from Carlsbad, Sharks, Rebels, SDSC, SDFA, etc. up north and left Presidio as the laughingstock of club soccer.

I really wonder what are these idiotic DoC's that allowed Surf back thinking? Whatever decent talent they have in their club now will be lured to sip the Surf Kool Aid, teams will start to break apart even more by the egocentric parents that want the right to bear the coveted Surf sticker on their cars as they can "brag" in their social circles how their child greatly improved an AA-C bottom Surf team into the greatness of SDDA Flight 2! And the worst part is that these DoC's will see revenue lost because people will now flock to Surf!

I hope that a PATHWAY to a bronze level jamboree at Polo fields is worth bringing these people back!

I am not a Surf homer, but Surf has also done some positive things for San Diego soccer. The Oceanside soccer complex comes to mind. They are not going away anytime soon.

I am not a Surf homer, but Surf has also done some positive things for San Diego soccer. The Oceanside soccer complex comes to mind. They are not going away anytime soon.
The biggest switch and bait ever done! That place although it has nice playing fields is nothing of what was originally proposed.

I have a good question for you or anybody that defends Surf. Name at least one player that Surf develop and is a National Team player. Even better yet, that is a starter in MLS.

The biggest switch and bait ever done! That place although it has nice playing fields is nothing of what was originally proposed.

I have a good question for you or anybody that defends Surf. Name at least one player that Surf develop and is a National Team player. Even better yet, that is a starter in MLS.

Would you rather play in Lancaster? I for one do not and am happy to play in Oceanside.

Please do not give them credit for this. The City of Oceanside owns the land. They sent out an RFP to Developers. MC's group won the contract by over promising and under delivering, and is a separate entity from Surf Soccer Club. There were other developers lined up to build the project but did not win the RFP, probably because their proposals were more in line with reality. Nothing special, just a business deal. I am sure Espola will fill us in on all the details.

Would you rather play in Lancaster? I for one do not and am happy to play in Oceanside.
You have gotten completely off track from the original question. Why was Surf denied membership in Presidio last you but voted in this year? Also, why are they deserving of any other club? What are these "common sense requirements" that you think entitles them?

I enjoyed those weekend trips to Lancaster, and San Bernardino, and Pomona, and (not quite so far) to Capistrano. The times we played State tournaments in San Diego were just boring by comparison.

Back