Summer Day Camps?

Hello all! I am wondering if anyone knows of any great goalkeeper camps during the summer? We are located in the East ave Tyra County/LA County area. My daughter is 11. I saw One.Soccer at Pierce College but we are out of town that week.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jeff Tackett is doing one right before 4th of July out in Claremont (Tackett's main thing is tactics and positioning). Ian Feuer does like 3 times in the summer a short 2 hour camp out near Calabasas (Feuer's camp is the training keepers should get with their team coaches, but don't). The LA Galaxy have a goalkeeper camp twice during the summer in Carson (best thing about these camps in the chance to scrimmage with field players of different levels). Oaks Christian High School in Agoura has a morning long soccer camp at various times of the year that is geared towards mid-level club players and includes goalkeeper training, but you never know who you are going to get as a trainer. My son really likes the One Soccer Residential Camp-- they usually get someone really top notch for the GK instructor, but the day camps can be a bit hit or miss depending on who they can get for GK. Big Joe's camps in the South Bay are also really good (little far for us, so son's only done one, but he reports it was quite the work out).

I have seen a trend where some of the "bigger" keeper coaches are doing one special topic clinics and not as many camps. I like it because you know exactly what will be worked on. Camps, sometimes are repetitive and dont spend time on what us needed they just give a little of everything. Some, not all!!

I signed my daughter up for the soccer plus residential goalkeeper camp in riverside after reading this blog earlier this spring and when she unfortunately did not making the final cut for ODP camp. Now that its getting closer and i've had no communication from them my brain is starting to worry a bit about sending a young kid there. Anybody signed up or recently had a kid that attended? i'm wondering about how many kids will be there, how many coaches, roommate situation etc. she is a big strong confident almost 11 year old who recently had a blast being away from home at school science camp and is beyond excited to go to goalkeeper camp. i'm just wondering if anyone has additional feedback or insight on the camp.

I signed my daughter up for the soccer plus residential goalkeeper camp in riverside after reading this blog earlier this spring and when she unfortunately did not making the final cut for ODP camp. Now that its getting closer and i've had no communication from them my brain is starting to worry a bit about sending a young kid there. Anybody signed up or recently had a kid that attended? i'm wondering about how many kids will be there, how many coaches, roommate situation etc. she is a big strong confident almost 11 year old who recently had a blast being away from home at school science camp and is beyond excited to go to goalkeeper camp. i'm just wondering if anyone has additional feedback or insight on the camp.
My son has been going to soccerplus camps for years, hard to say how many kids will he there, as it does vary from year to year. But they do try to make sure that roommates are of similar ages, my son still keeps in touch with former roommates as they have got along very well. He will be there for ANTC this year. DM me if you have any other questions or need specifics

Back