State Cup 2019 Rainout?(Galway Downs)

Good weekend in Del Mar. A pleasure to watch referees fully committed to the match, getting into the right positions and communicating with the players.

Not so much at Galloway downs . Some refs seemed to need some help and guidance on positioning not once but twice on a 7v7 game being smack in the middle of the 18 box during action and with her body blocking a ball being cleared only to have it drop right in front of other team player to score what happened to being the deciding goal.

from CalSouth website : " WEATHER . . (Updated: Friday Feb 8th @ 1:00PM). All scheduled venues are OPEN and ready for play Feb 9-10. Games will play in the rain until the fields are pulled by the venue owners."

should be a full weekend of games
How does it look for this weekend at Silverlakes 2/16-17 with the rain and all. if we have anymore delays, the Finals could be postponed to March 2-3 any thoughts?

Pouring right now but heavy rain to dissipate by about noon today? Light sporadic showers out there til friday morning. Tomorrow and Saturday look okay, but its going to be a tough call! Saw that they moved Sunday games earlier hoping to possibly avoid afternoon Saturday rain.

Galway Downs is closed for the weekend of Feb 16, 17. Will be interesting to see if this pushes back National Cup again.

Interesting.

Weather report for Norco currently says rain ends Thursday and it's dry until late on Sunday. That's much better than it was for last weekend according to my SD surf friends who said it was raining both days last weekend. So I'm guessing Silverlakes is open.

Galway Downs is closed for the weekend of Feb 16, 17. Will be interesting to see if this pushes back National Cup again.

My DD played at Galway last year and was the last game before they shut the fields down...the ball was literally floating in some spots on the field.

This is posted on the front page of CalSouth

CUP WEEKEND VENUES
Silverlakes Park - CLOSED
Ryan Park - OPEN
Lancaster NSC - OPEN
San Bernardino Complex - OPEN
Galway Downs - CLOSED

State Cup Mudline was updated at 12:45 today (Thursday). All venues are closed this weekend with the exception of Lancaster.

State Cup Mudline was updated at 12:45 today (Thursday). All venues are closed this weekend with the exception of Lancaster.
Indeed they did close them.

CUP WEEKEND VENUES
Silverlakes Park - CLOSED
Ryan Park - CLOSED
Lancaster NSC - OPEN
San Bernardino Complex - CLOSED
Galway Downs - CLOSED

They have to be running out of rain dates to get this done. Sooner or later the delays will cause issues with the teams and future scheduling

Interesting.

Weather report for Norco currently says rain ends Thursday and it's dry until late on Sunday. That's much better than it was for last weekend according to my SD surf friends who said it was raining both days last weekend. So I'm guessing Silverlakes is open.
Norco shouldn't be cancelled

upload_2019-2-14_13-59-23.png

My DD played at Galway last year and was the last game before they shut the fields down...the ball was literally floating in some spots on the field.
DD's team did the same thing the previous year at Galway. Started the game in pouring rain with puddles on the field stopping the ball. At halftime we looked around and all the other fields were empty.

Back