*SoCalSoccer Database Deleted*

Dominic

DA
Staff member
Hello Forum members ,
Two days ago the Socalsoccer database that contains all posts/threads/usernames was deleted. How this happened is unknown, and why someone would delete a soccer forum database is beyond me. 12 years of posts gone (1.2 million), and 20,000 members . We have to pick up where we left off and move forward now, and I have decided to start with the latest forum software Xenforo. I currently use Xenforo for www.nocalsoccer.com and have had no issues.
Over the next few days I will work on the forums look and function, including bringing back all the old forums categories. For the Premium/Platinum members I will have you contact me individually to reinstate your membership in a few days after I get the forum functioning .Please bare with me as I have many hours/days work ahead of me.

Dominic

PS Your old password and username is no longer in existence, please register.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that your labor of love has vanished. Best of luck with the new site. I sure missed the old site when it was down the past week or so.

That stinks. Not having all the archived posts is a loss, but alas, we move on, looking forward to it!
Good luck Dom and don't stress too much over it, you'll get it back in order in due time.

Hi Dom,
I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. I've been doing IT databasing for coming up on 20 years now and have assisted in the recovery of many same scenarios. I would be more than happy to help you out. Feel free to contact me if you can use an extra hand.
Thanks Drake, I had my server manager concur with what I saw 0KB for socalsoccer's database. He could not find anything other than the database base name that was left. I will be implementing a restore or mirroring function available through my server company soon.

What a catastrophe! However, all we need to do is to get the forum categories up ASAP and let the mob do the rest. I don't think most of us need to see what someone said 12 years ago, so it really won't be much of a problem in the long run - just a minor inconvenience for each forum member who must now re-register. Thanks for your help!

Thanks Drake, I had my server manager concur with what I saw 0KB for socalsoccer's database. He could not find anything other than the database base name that was left. I will be implementing a restore or mirroring function available through my server company soon.
Good luck with the restoration effort and hope you can return to your desired state. -Drake

Hello Forum members ,
Two days ago the Socalsoccer database that contains all posts/threads/usernames was deleted. How this happened is unknown, and why someone would delete a soccer forum database is beyond me. 12 years of posts gone (1.2 million), and 20,000 members . We have to pick up where we left off and move forward now, and I have decided to start with the latest forum software Xenforo. I currently use Xenforo for www.nocalsoccer.com and have had no issues.
Over the next few days I will work on the forums look and function, including bringing back all the old forums categories. For the Premium/Platinum members I will have you contact me individually to reinstate your membership in a few days after I get the forum functioning .Please bare with me as I have many hours/days work ahead of me.

Dominic

PS Your old password and username is no longer in existence, please register.
2 days ago would be about 3 days after the "Database error" messages started coming out.

Damn. I just figured the site was down for one reason or another. Then today I saw this site and came across this message. Bummer that everything is gone. Well I guess when someone asks a question now they can't be directed at some old post where another person asked/answered that question years earlier. Can we make a rule that people aren't allowed to constantly post tournament info in every age group non-stop ;)

Back