SD Force going to Surf

Rumors it appears to finally becoming reality. Coaches there at Force are telling folks its a done deal and it's made its way here up North quickly and circulating. Any more insight on why, what's the benefit, point of it?

Rumors it appears to finally becoming reality. Coaches there at Force are telling folks its a done deal and it's made its way here up North quickly and circulating. Any more insight on why, what's the benefit, point of it?
My DD played for Force last year. Here is why I believe it would help Force:
1- Force loses its best players around the time they get to 11v11; this will help stem the tide. Too close to Surf, Albion, DMCV and LAGSD without the ability to offer DA, ECNL or even DPL. My daughter's old (17-18) Force team lost 8 players (to the clubs I listed above).
2 - Fundamentally a similar style of play. The brothers at Force push for possession based soccer; that should be a natural fit for Surf.
3 - In addition to competing with the above clubs, Force has to fight off SDSC and Poway for players and field space.
4 - Not knowing how the club's finances work, I would think that Force would do better by being part of a larger organization.
That said, I have NO information as to IF it is happening, but that is why I would argue it should happen (for Force).

Would SD Force as a club and coaching staff merge into Surf or would this be another affiliate? Earlier this year I had heard it would be as an affiliate called North County Surf, which doesn't make a lot of sense considering 4S Ranch is only 3ish miles more north than the polo fields and Del Mar is already considered North County. I had also heard speculation from a parent that if this came to pass the Ocampos would leave and start another new club somewhere. That also didn't make much sense to me but who knows. I guess we'll have our answers soon enough.

So 4S Ranch now belongs to Surf???

I could be completely wrong about this so please correct me if so. I believe that a lot of the use of 4s is by Force's recreational program and I'm under the impression this is due to the fact that so much field time has to be allocated to local residents. Would Surf assume Force's rec program? That would surprise me. It could be interesting if Surf and SDSC share the 4s fields.

29176671-portrait-of-successful-young-businessman-with-money-rain.jpg

I could be completely wrong about this so please correct me if so. I believe that a lot of the use of 4s is by Force's recreational program and I'm under the impression this is due to the fact that so much field time has to be allocated to local residents. Would Surf assume Force's rec program? That would surprise me. It could be interesting if Surf and SDSC share the 4s fields.
IF this is a thing, from a logistics issue, the rec program should stay in 4S Ranch as they will get field space (local residents get priority). The competitive teams move over to the Polo Fields.

Maybe Surf should change their name to “Force”. Since they “force” everyone to affiliate with them?

Would SD Force as a club and coaching staff merge into Surf or would this be another affiliate? Earlier this year I had heard it would be as an affiliate called North County Surf, which doesn't make a lot of sense considering 4S Ranch is only 3ish miles more north than the polo fields and Del Mar is already considered North County. I had also heard speculation from a parent that if this came to pass the Ocampos would leave and start another new club somewhere. That also didn't make much sense to me but who knows. I guess we'll have our answers soon enough.
When these Clubs Affiliate with Surf/Legends etc.. Do they keep their DOC and coaching staff, or does anybody know it’s a common approach “ just to clean house”... hopefully the DOC and Coaches at Force already have their exit plan.

Back