Scrimmages - where to find regular/reliable opponents?

Paul Spacey

SILVER ELITE
This weekend we had 5 scrimmages cancelled at short notice for various reasons (LAUSD strike, weather, school not available etc). This is a pattern I have seen now for some time when trying to organize scrimmages, especially away games (which is often necessary due to limited field space on the Westside).

Does anyone have details of regular scrimmages (maybe an individual or group who organize them) where you know that you can get competitive games against reliable opponents (on half-decent fields ideally)? Not somewhere that has no refs and short games, we've already experienced a lot of those.

I use the FB message boards to organize scrimmages for our 8 teams but opponents seem to be increasingly unreliable. I'd love to find a group of solid, reliable opponents to play semi-regularly.

We need an Uber-type app for scrimmages!

What does everyone else do?

The LAUSD Strike is an anomaly, but weather and field availability (not unrelated because this is field-recovery time for many cities) are issues every pre-state cup. The one thing I will say is that the teams which I noticed have an easier time getting scrimmages have good field access and host pretty much all the scrimmages. One thing to regain control is to make sure your club has good field access and hosts all the scrimmages.

The LAUSD Strike is an anomaly, but weather and field availability (not unrelated because this is field-recovery time for many cities) are issues every pre-state cup. The one thing I will say is that the teams which I noticed have an easier time getting scrimmages have good field access and host pretty much all the scrimmages. One thing to regain control is to make sure your club has good field access and hosts all the scrimmages.
Good points. It’s definitely easier (and opponents seem to be more reliable) when we host but often we can’t due to limited field availability.

I’ll start saving my pocket money to build our own field. :)

Join this Facebook group soccer announcement board , a lot of success on team finding scrimmage. You do get that one team that will cancel but after a certain amount of time they are removed from the group .

Back