Santa Monica Surf

View attachment 5273

I love that. Blues is the same. LA is loaded with talent. Those with financial struggles (check to check) will benefit with the Full Scholarship. I was told 2 years ago that these DA clubs would be fully funded with money coming from US Federation. Is that not happening? A decision that is left up to the individual DA club?
Don’t believe everything you hear.

Don’t believe everything you hear.
Too late :( I thought I read that somewhere but maybe it was what the old Doc told me. I'm learning not to believe everything someone tells me. I really used to believe what coaches told me were true. Egg on my face brah! Thanks for the advice though :)

View attachment 5273

I love that. Blues is the same. LA is loaded with talent. Those with financial struggles (check to check) will benefit with the Full Scholarship. I was told 2 years ago that these DA clubs would be fully funded with money coming from US Federation. Is that not happening? A decision that is left up to the individual DA club?
Whoever told you that the federation was going to support the clubs through fully funding their DA program has no idea how things work. I would never listen to that person again as they are an idiot.

Whoever told you that the federation was going to support the clubs through fully funding their DA program has no idea how things work. I would never listen to that person again as they are an idiot.
Two big docs told me at the time. Pats and LA Galaxy offered it on their websites two years ago and other clubs said they were going to as well. Hard to listen to folks now but I'm getting better at it.

Two big docs told me at the time. Pats and LA Galaxy offered it on their websites two years ago and other clubs said they were going to as well. Hard to listen to folks now but I'm getting better at it.
Those 2 clubs are fully funded but that has NOTHING to do with US Soccer.

My point is that the US soccer federation doesn't have the resources to fund. Clubs that fund their DA program do it on the backs of the lower levels within the club. The US soccer federation has revenues of about 125 million, and spends a few million on the development academy. To fully fund the development academy would require 20 to 30 million dollars for a single season.

View attachment 5273

Lol

My point is that the US soccer federation doesn't have the resources to fund. Clubs that fund their DA program do it on the backs of the lower levels within the club. The US soccer federation has revenues of about 125 million, and spends a few million on the development academy. To fully fund the development academy would require 20 to 30 million dollars for a single season.
Except for MLS clubs whose academies are funded the same way the first team is funded...by wealthy owners.

Except for MLS clubs whose academies are funded the same way the first team is funded...by wealthy owners.
I know I'm not supposed to believe everything I hear, but I swear on the Holy Bible three of the Big Clubs higher ups told me to my face two years ago that within a couple years clubs have to fully fund their top DA Teams like the Pats and LA Galaxy. Slammers/LAFC was offering fully funded program too at the time. I see that is not true now. Am I seriously the only one that was told this?

I know I'm not supposed to believe everything I hear, but I swear on the Holy Bible three of the Big Clubs higher ups told me to my face two years ago that within a couple years clubs have to fully fund their top DA Teams like the Pats and LA Galaxy. Slammers/LAFC was offering fully funded program too at the time. I see that is not true now. Am I seriously the only one that was told this?
DA teams should definitely be funded. In other countries there is government support. But I’m not aware of any imminent rule from US Soccer that requires it.

LAFC Slammers was not Fully Funded, only partial.

LAFC Slammers was not Fully Funded, only partial.
The club that was going DA with WC and his bro is the one I'm talking about :) That was fully funded at least I was told that at the time. A week later they went all in with ECNL with both teams.

The club that was going DA with WC and his bro is the one I'm talking about :) That was fully funded at least I was told that at the time. A week later they went all in with ECNL with both teams.
That’s LAFC Slammers. Not sure what you mean with “a week later went all in with ECNL”....they played in the entire first season of DA. WC coached the ‘03’s.

Or millionaire parents...
I'm starting to guess that only SD Surf DA, OC Surf DA, LA Surf DAand Legends DA are the only one's offering these Full Ride Scholarships. Blues and Beach do not offer full rides. Pats? Galaxy? Abion? Real SoCal? Other's I'm missing?
This is on The Legends DA website:
Moving Away From The Pay-to-Play Model
The U.S. Soccer Development Academy Scholarship Program would ensure talented players were on the field, and not held back by economic barriers.
Q. How many players from SoCal are on the USS DAS Program? Seriously, it's fair question right? Surf say's their club will pay full ride scholarships based on being selected to YNT, Merit or Need. Nowhere does it say any help will come from USS DAS Program.

That’s LAFC Slammers. Not sure what you mean with “a week later went all in with ECNL”....they played in the entire first season of DA. WC coached the ‘03’s.
After first year bro. WC was taking 04 DA before they went all in ECNL. He took ecnl 03s again last year. We were moving to South OC and had to chat with all the DAs in OC to find out about the HS Soccer rules and if they would "wink, wink" and let my kid do both without a waiver. She wanted to do both. Lot's of Docs at the time were still confused (so they said) if that rule would be enforced.

After first year bro. WC was taking 04 DA before they went all in ECNL. He took ecnl 03s again last year. We were moving to South OC and had to chat with all the DAs in OC to find out about the HS Soccer rules and if they would "wink, wink" and let my kid do both without a waiver. She wanted to do both. Lot's of Docs at the time were still confused (so they said) if that rule would be enforced.
Everyone knew the rules......some just play dumb.

Everyone knew the rules......some just play dumb.
Exactly. And some play with honesty and openness and get whacked which is sad. I know your dd and the family are kicking ass in the gym and doing what is required in this day & age to be the best soccer player one can be. That is to be commended and I know it's not without financial and time commitments :)

Back