Release needed from mlsnext to play ECNL?

My son wants to leave his MLSNext team so he can play high school. After high school season he’s going to play for an ECNL team.

Anyone know if he’ll have to get released from the MLSnext club to join the ECNL team, or even to play high school?

My son wants to leave his MLSNext team so he can play high school. After high school season he’s going to play for an ECNL team.

Anyone know if he’ll have to get released from the MLSnext club to join the ECNL team, or even to play high school?
MLS Next and ECNL are two separate gaming leagues. They are not affiliated. You should be good to go.

MLS Next and ECNL are two separate gaming leagues. They are not affiliated. You should be good to go.
I was hoping someone had done this and could confirm it’s not an issue. Another player is doing something similar and the ECNL club asked had he been released by the mls next club. That might just be a professional courtesy between two local clubs in different leagues or it might be a rule.

Either way it’s a risk that I want my son to understand before he opens up a hornets nest!

If he's currently playing MLS NEXT and wants to play HS he needs a waiver (if attending private school). Typically when a player moves from one ECNL team to another ECNL team (during season) a release needs to be done by one club to the other.... If you got permission from your current MLS NEXT team to leave to play ECNL then you should be okay (key word should). It's two different leagues but I would talk to your DOC to make sure there are no issue with the transition. Not sure if this is helpful at all haha

Back