Re-entry

I think you're still woozy from the head injury I inflicted on you, because you forgot your medical study again and are seriously misrepresenting what I've been saying.

The truth is families with a genetic predisposition to knee injuries should consider whether soccer is the best sport for their daughter to play at a high level. Soccer has easily the highest knee injury rate for girls besides lacrosse (the same sport, only for those who weren't good enough at soccer), more than 5x the risk of most other team sports and also significantly higher than basketball. If your child has a genetic predisposition to knee injuries and has an opportunity to succeed in a different sport, they should consider it. I don't care if you don't give a s**t about your own kids' health, but suggesting no one should even consider genetic predispositions to catastrophic knee injuries when deciding whether their kid should commit to soccer 4-6 days a week, 11 months a year is just stupid, especially if you're going to throw her into the GDA (see below).

The truth is the GDA's no reentry rule is dangerous and unnecessary. No legitimate reason exists for this rule, not one, and there is simply no denying that in-game fatigue is the most direct cause of ACL injuries. Despite overwhelming evidence, the GDA clings to rules that significantly increase the risk of catastrophic knee (and all fatigue-related) injuries. Although you said that "ACL is not even mentioned" in the article I posted, you should actually read it when you get over being red in the face from the beat down I inflicted on you earlier and can read clearly. For starters, check out the big graph in the middle of the article titled "ACL Injury Frequency by Minutes Played". Despite being a science denier, you can at least read graphs, right? If not, the short lines on the left are good, and the tall lines on the right are bad.

The truth is that learning the appropriate biomechanics of running can significantly reduce the risk of injury. I'm not sure you're even disputing this, so I'll just move on to the subject that freaks you out, menstruation and the pill. The truth is that the pill almost certainly helps reduce the risk of ACL injuries in girls, and I take it from your failure to provide any medical study to the contrary despite plenty of opportunity and repeated requests, that all you have to say is "nuh-uh". I can only imagine how much time you spent frantically running Google searches without success. Let me speed things along for everyone, because they deserve more persuasive info than your anti-science, juvenile debate tactic: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5524267/; https://ryortho.com/breaking/birth-control-pills-decrease-likelihood-of-knee-injuries/; https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/..._of_Oral_Contraceptive_Use_on_Anterior.9.aspx. Spoiler alert, these studies were not conducted by a Mt. Olive undergrad student who played DII soccer, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I understand why your daughter is going as far away as possible for college.

The actual number of players who play a full 90 minutes is likely the same as in ECNL.

The actual number of ECNL games in a compressed season to accommodate a High School compressed season is also not very healthy.

The actual number of players who play a full 90 minutes is likely the same as in ECNL.

The actual number of ECNL games in a compressed season to accommodate a High School compressed season is also not very healthy.
Nor is the compressed HS schedule

That is some really great analysis. The authority you cited to support your assertion that "the actual number of players who play a full 90 minutes is likely the same as in ECNL" is very compelling. People should definitely support GDA's no reentry rule, since it is possible that some bad ECNL coaches might regularly play most of their kids 90 straight minutes despite the additional flexibility provided under that platform, especially kids with stupid parents who think that regularly playing full games is a great idea. Children should not be allowed breaks during games; it is imperative that we begin preparing them all for international competition beginning at the age of 13.

Do you really want to go down the road of defending GDA's no reentry rule? Before you know it, you're going to find yourself defending USSF decisions to hold soccer tournaments in Denver in April like the rest of the GDA mafia.

That is some really great analysis. The authority you cited to support your assertion that "the actual number of players who play a full 90 minutes is likely the same as in ECNL" is very compelling. People should definitely support GDA's no reentry rule, since it is possible that some bad ECNL coaches might regularly play most of their kids 90 straight minutes despite the additional flexibility provided under that platform, especially kids with stupid parents who think that regularly playing full games is a great idea. Children should not be allowed breaks during games; it is imperative that we begin preparing them all for international competition beginning at the age of 13.

Do you really want to go down the road of defending GDA's no reentry rule? Before you know it, you're going to find yourself defending USSF decisions to hold soccer tournaments in Denver in April like the rest of the GDA mafia.

No, the larger point is having re-entry does not mean that ECNL players do not play full 90 minutes per game. The reality is that the amount of kids who get in full games across both leagues is likely the same. Feel free to review the game logs on the DA site to see just how many kids are really playing full games.

I firmly believe from my years of experience with three kids playing various levels of club soccer that the no re-entry rule (combined with a mandatory % start rule) results in more playing time for the marginal kids on a team. When they play, they get substantial minutes because the coach can't just sub them out right away. On the vast majority of teams that I have seen play without this rule the end of the bench is lucky to get a few minutes a half.

I firmly believe from my years of experience with three kids playing various levels of club soccer that the no re-entry rule (combined with a mandatory % start rule) results in more playing time for the marginal kids on a team. When they play, they get substantial minutes because the coach can't just sub them out right away. On the vast majority of teams that I have seen play without this rule the end of the bench is lucky to get a few minutes a half.

I firmly believe that that is a bogus comparison.

I firmly believe that that is a bogus comparison.
Contrarian as always. There is always going to be players at the end of the bench on any team. The sad truth is that most coaches are motivated to win and are not interested in developing the end of the bench. They are motivated to keep their star players happy. The end of the bench is to keep the team financially viable. Maybe your kid was always a starter so you did not see it. The only leagues I have seen mandate play time is DA and AYSO. Though opposite ends of the spectrum both provide guarantees. In all other leagues I have seen the end of the bench be lucky to get scrub minutes even against lesser opponents. Maybe I have just had the bad luck of having and seeing a bunch of lousy coaches.

I know a player who traveled to matches and didnt play. Went to DA nationals and saw zero minutes. I have always be taught to make sure kids play in all situations including pressure game enders because you never know who you may need to step up when. Coaches all want to win but sometimes in league games you need to lose for the better good and development. The hard part about that is a loss is a loss and it falls to the replaceable coach

I know a player who traveled to matches and didnt play. Went to DA nationals and saw zero minutes. I have always be taught to make sure kids play in all situations including pressure game enders because you never know who you may need to step up when. Coaches all want to win but sometimes in league games you need to lose for the better good and development. The hard part about that is a loss is a loss and it falls to the replaceable coach

Everyone signs a contract understand that your game time can fall anywhere from 0 to 90 minutes. The end bench players typically will get 20-30 a game.

This isn’t AYSO where everyone gets fair minutes. Hell, in flight 1 and 2 games kids don’t get fair minutes. That is inexcusable to me. That’s the development league. ECNL and DA play with higher “stakes” if you will.

Nobody should get free minutes. If you’re not inspired to work harder in training sessions with your team and on your own outside, you really should reevaluate the level your kid plays.

At DA and ENCL levels the kids who work hard know how doesn’t really earn their game time. And those kids don’t want to play at lower levels.

I’m sorry. A lot of these kids learn or should be learning about accountability. That’s as important as Anything at those levels.

Everyone signs a contract understand that your game time can fall anywhere from 0 to 90 minutes. The end bench players typically will get 20-30 a game.

This isn’t AYSO where everyone gets fair minutes. Hell, in flight 1 and 2 games kids don’t get fair minutes. That is inexcusable to me. That’s the development league. ECNL and DA play with higher “stakes” if you will.

Nobody should get free minutes. If you’re not inspired to work harder in training sessions with your team and on your own outside, you really should reevaluate the level your kid plays.

At DA and ENCL levels the kids who work hard know how doesn’t really earn their game time. And those kids don’t want to play at lower levels.

I’m sorry. A lot of these kids learn or should be learning about accountability. That’s as important as Anything at those levels.

Nonsense.

But I thought ALL coaches in the DA are supposed to be highly certified and qualified. The only out-coaching that occurs is on the practice field, or when the subbing happens thru the flow of the game, right? Besides, we aren’t developing coaches, are we? Player 12-20 pretty much know where they stand, or they know pretty quickly out of the gate. Don’t like it, take accountability and work harder to improve it.

But I thought ALL coaches in the DA are supposed to be highly certified and qualified. The only out-coaching that occurs is on the practice field, or when the subbing happens thru the flow of the game, right? Besides, we aren’t developing coaches, are we? Player 12-20 pretty much know where they stand, or they know pretty quickly out of the gate. Don’t like it, take accountability and work harder to improve it.

It's hard to tell which parts of that are intended to be sarcastice. Maybe we need a special sarcasm font, like italic only different.

But I thought ALL coaches in the DA are supposed to be highly certified and qualified. The only out-coaching that occurs is on the practice field, or when the subbing happens thru the flow of the game, right? Besides, we aren’t developing coaches, are we?
Player 12-20 pretty much know where they stand, or they know pretty quickly out of the gate. Don’t like it, take accountability and work harder to improve it.

Further thoughts -- some have claimed that the no-re-entry rule is valuable because it exposes players to what they will experience at the elite levels. With about 90 teams (looking at the older boys clubs here), there might be 2 to 4 players on a typical DA club roster of 20 or so who have any hope of being called up to National teams at any age. So let the team declare who those players are on the game roster - those few are limited to no re-entry, and the coach can do what he likes with the rest of the squad, including pulling them off for a short time for rest, possible injury analysis, or explanation of their errors as needed, without limits to their re-entry rights.

Back