Player Cards?

sdklutz

SILVER ELITE
In the past player cards would be given to parents if their child was leaving a club for another club. It appears that Cal South is directing clubs to keep the cards. Has anyone else run into this issue?

In the past player cards would be given to parents if their child was leaving a club for another club. It appears that Cal South is directing clubs to keep the cards. Has anyone else run into this issue?
yes they are having the club you are leaving destroy the players card.

They have "always" directed clubs to keep and destroy the cards when a player left for another club. Always. If -- "in the past" you were given your card when you left then your manager (and or registrar, most likely manager) didn't know what they were doing.

In the two clubs I was team manager for the registrar would not approve the Cal South player drop without the card or proof of it being destroyed.

They have "always" directed clubs to keep and destroy the cards when a player left for another club. Always. If -- "in the past" you were given your card when you left then your manager (and or registrar, most likely manager) didn't know what they were doing.

In the two clubs I was team manager for the registrar would not approve the Cal South player drop without the card or proof of it being destroyed.

Thanks

We have gotten our cards back from team managers twice without any issues and used them for new team and guest player at several different tournaments. They expire within a year so if you don't have a new card you will need to get one from the club you will join.

The only reason Cal South wants a club to destroy or not give them back is for a money grab. Then that players new club has to order and pay for a summer card. You can’t get next years cards until towards the end of July.

The 2017/18 card is good until the last day of August.

Also a club does not need to release a player in the system from year to year. For fact.

If a player is financially paid up just give the outgoing player the card. Sour grapes otherwise.

You ask Cal South for a player pass card, which is a non affiliated card. And it is FREE. No money grab. There is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Its free to the family but there is a transaction cost that is a part of Calsouth expenditure. In other words, why create more adminstrivial for the sake of doing it. I see no harm in giving the card to the player and go on without having to reapply for pass card.

Calsouth can find better use of their budget than to keep track of players leaving current clubs and playing as a guest in summer tournaments. Clear case of over regulation and non-value added policy. The number of players leaving their current club must be significant, as it is the ritual of annual migration....

Over regulation is only necessary if people try to skirt around the standard rules.
Disagree. Over regulation is aways bad. Its never necessary and if people skirt the standard rules, then enforce the existing standard, and not create more to pile on.

Its free to the family but there is a transaction cost that is a part of Calsouth expenditure. In other words, why create more adminstrivial for the sake of doing it. I see no harm in giving the card to the player and go on without having to reapply for pass card.

Calsouth can find better use of their budget than to keep track of players leaving current clubs and playing as a guest in summer tournaments. Clear case of over regulation and non-value added policy. The number of players leaving their current club must be significant, as it is the ritual of annual migration....

None of us may like the process but that is what it is. When a player leaves a club the card and the liability waiver form are to be destroyed. If someone got theirs (like I stated above) it is because the team manager didn't know the rules. Why Cal South does this? I don't know. It would be a good question to ask them. I'm sure they have their reasons whether it be administrative or legal.

None of us may like the process but that is what it is. When a player leaves a club the card and the liability waiver form are to be destroyed. If someone got theirs (like I stated above) it is because the team manager didn't know the rules. Why Cal South does this? I don't know. It would be a good question to ask them. I'm sure they have their reasons whether it be administrative or legal.
It doesn't take too much thought for one to imagine lots of reasons why a club or cal south would want it this way. The question that started this thread said "if their child was leaving a club for another club... " It makes sense to me that a player that leaves for another club should not be using the card, and appear affiliated with, or the responsibility of, the club s/he left. The same for a player that simply leaves.

Of all the hassles associated with club soccer, this seems to be pretty trivial.

How do you go about getting a player pass card?
http://www.calsouth.com/en/release-transfer/faq-parents/
What are my options after being released?

A Tournament Pool Pass may be requested via your District Commissioner or the Cal South League Account Management Department for tournament play only. As a courtesy, please give 3 to 5 business days notice before the tournament in order for your Tournament Pool Pass to be printed and shipped. (Arrangements can also be made to pick up Tournament Pool Passes from your District Commissioner or the Cal South Corporate Office once you have given the 3 to 5 day lead time.)

Tango is spot on. This has to do with more club insurance. Calsouth makes sure the club releases player and you can get a free player pass in the mail while you look for a new club.

Free and easy and the people at calsouth are helpful. My kids played on this and guested at tourneys as soon as national cup was finished.

Has zero to do with money grab.

Tango is spot on. This has to do with more club insurance. Calsouth makes sure the club releases player and you can get a free player pass in the mail while you look for a new club.

Free and easy and the people at calsouth are helpful. My kids played on this and guested at tourneys as soon as national cup was finished.

Has zero to do with money grab.

Sometimes players will play at Thanksgiving college showcases with teams from clubs other than their own. Why aren’t these players forced to obtain new cards too?

Borrowing for an event is very different from leaving a club and wanting to use it for the rest of the year. Calsouth assumes when you register you are choosing that club for the year and if you chose to leave early then you obtain a player pass or summer card. No manager should be giving cards to players leaving a club.

Back