Play time

PS
Forgot to say- now my son is on a very low team, close to home, and he is the star. It's a silly team but they are 9, and they are having fun and he wants to go to practice. No they won't win any tourneys and maybe they will win a game or a handful but he doesn't hate soccer anymore and he has a smile.
When he gets more mature maybe we will dip our toes back into club but he wasn't ready and that's ok. It doesn't mean one day he won't be
It’s not that your son wasn’t ready for club. It was the horrible coach you were matched with. Club is the best when you find a coach that is passionate about what he/she does and they know how to teach the kids.

It’s not that your son wasn’t ready for club. It was the horrible coach you were matched with. Club is the best when you find a coach that is passionate about what he/she does and they know how to teach the kids.

Good post I know he was athletically ready for sure.
As I have said repeatedly most of these coaches lack any time of understanding of child development. I don't place blame I just do not expect them to be able to manage the children appropriately anymore. When you find a coach who can hold on tight. I wrote that post awhile ago it's funny to now look back and see it was never my kid who was the problem. A club has the ability to destroy a child's love of the game though make no mistake and we consider ourselves lucky to have been mentored and found a place where he can enjoy playing and all that comes with being in a soccer team.

^^^^ thanks for all the information. I’ve been following this thread for awhile. Got a B09 who just started club 2 months ago.

Back