This is disgraceful.

Still parking on dirt after all the money they make at that venue.

Its my understanding that Oceanside is still running at a loss due to the fact that the turf continues to be a problem because of inadequate grading and high salts, making it near impossible to run the facility at a profit.

Its my understanding that Oceanside is still running at a loss due to the fact that the turf continues to be a problem because of inadequate grading and high salts, making it near impossible to run the facility at a profit.

Maybe they should run concessions & serve some drinks instead of these 3-4 tent vendors they contract with.

I've seen bottles like this near the start of a tournaments on the far fields near the pits so I dunno if the seniors or workers are sneaking in after hours raging or there lacking proper cleanups?

Anyway will somebody pass the red cups, going to be a long day out there, cheers

barconic-16oz-plastic-red-cup-800.jpg

Maybe they should run concessions & serve some drinks instead of these 3-4 tent vendors they contract with.

I've seen bottles like this near the start of a tournaments on the far fields near the pits so I dunno if the seniors or workers are sneaking in after hours raging or there lacking proper cleanups?

Anyway will somebody pass the red cups, going to be a long day out there, cheers

barconic-16oz-plastic-red-cup-800.jpg
This thread deals with alcohol at Blues Cup not Red Cups!

As long as they are not fighting, disturbing the peace or driving I have no issue with parents drinking at tournaments.
Finallly, some sane comments, someone with common sense. This happens in the stands on the fields, at almost every sporting event known, from AYSO to Little League, to PeeWee football, to HS, to College, to the Pros! As long as we are not talking Shooter Flatch, who cares?

Finallly, some sane comments, someone with common sense. This happens in the stands on the fields, at almost every sporting event known, from AYSO to Little League, to PeeWee football, to HS, to College, to the Pros! As long as we are not talking Shooter Flatch, who cares?
As long as coaches and referees are included, I'm in.

Very bad example for the kids.

Not in California , liability does not attach to any licensed seller of alcohol, because California recognizes that adults are 100% liable for what they put into their bodies and the actions that they engage in. There is a statute that absolves all sellers of alcohol of liability. Individual servers may be held criminally liable for serving obviously intoxicated individuals, but the alcohol licensee is still not liable if there was an accident. The only time when the alcohol seller is liable for the actions of the person they served alcohol to is when that person is a minor.

Are you kidding ?!
In this environment/state you can be taken to civil court and get a judgement for the stupidest shit.
Don't ever think liability doesn't attach in California and that this society believes in individual responsibility.
It's ALWAYS someone else's fault !

Are you kidding ?!
In this environment/state you can be taken to civil court and get a judgement for the stupidest shit.
Don't ever think liability doesn't attach in California and that this society believes in individual responsibility.
It's ALWAYS someone else's fault !

Not kidding. No joke. Its California law. Although I agree with the social commentary (last sentence). The statute is below. For non-lawyers it basically says (1) if you sell alcohol to somebody that is obviously drunk YOU are guilty of a criminal offense; (2) there is no civil liability in California for providing alcohol to anybody who can legally drink [note, California is actually somewhat ahead of the curve here]; and (3) that stupid court case that attached civil liability is null and void because its the "consumption" and not the "serving" that is the proximate cause of injuries ... restated ... your an adult and 100% responsible for your adult asses mistakes, not the bar, liquor store or winery/brewery/distillery.

Business and Professions Code § 25602.
(a) Every person who sells, furnishes, gives, or causes to be sold, furnished, or given away, any alcoholic beverage to any habitual or common drunkard or to any obviously intoxicated person is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(b) No person who sells, furnishes, gives, or causes to be sold, furnished, or given away, any alcoholic beverage pursuant to subdivision (a) of this section shall be civilly liable to any injured person or the estate of such person for injuries inflicted on that person as a result of intoxication by the consumer of such alcoholic beverage.

(c) The Legislature hereby declares that this section shall be interpreted so that the holdings in cases such as Vesely v. Sager (5 Cal. 3d 153), Bernhard v. Harrah’s Club (16 Cal. 3d 313) and Coulter v. Superior Court (____ Cal. 3d ____) be abrogated in favor of prior judicial interpretation finding the consumption of alcoholic beverages rather than the serving of alcoholic beverages as the proximate cause of injuries inflicted upon another by an intoxicated person.

(Source: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=25602.&lawCode=BPC)
What is your address? I need to send you an invoice.

By the way, if a venue were to be sued, they would "Demurrer" to the suit citing the above statute, which would be tossed out of court for "failure to state a cause of action."

Not kidding. No joke. Its California law. Although I agree with the social commentary (last sentence). The statute is below. For non-lawyers it basically says (1) if you sell alcohol to somebody that is obviously drunk YOU are guilty of a criminal offense; (2) there is no civil liability in California for providing alcohol to anybody who can legally drink [note, California is actually somewhat ahead of the curve here]; and (3) that stupid court case that attached civil liability is null and void because its the "consumption" and not the "serving" that is the proximate cause of injuries ... restated ... your an adult and 100% responsible for your adult asses mistakes, not the bar, liquor store or winery/brewery/distillery.

Business and Professions Code § 25602.
(a) Every person who sells, furnishes, gives, or causes to be sold, furnished, or given away, any alcoholic beverage to any habitual or common drunkard or to any obviously intoxicated person is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(b) No person who sells, furnishes, gives, or causes to be sold, furnished, or given away, any alcoholic beverage pursuant to subdivision (a) of this section shall be civilly liable to any injured person or the estate of such person for injuries inflicted on that person as a result of intoxication by the consumer of such alcoholic beverage.

(c) The Legislature hereby declares that this section shall be interpreted so that the holdings in cases such as Vesely v. Sager (5 Cal. 3d 153), Bernhard v. Harrah’s Club (16 Cal. 3d 313) and Coulter v. Superior Court (____ Cal. 3d ____) be abrogated in favor of prior judicial interpretation finding the consumption of alcoholic beverages rather than the serving of alcoholic beverages as the proximate cause of injuries inflicted upon another by an intoxicated person.

(Source: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=25602.&lawCode=BPC)
What is your address? I need to send you an invoice.

By the way, if a venue were to be sued, they would "Demurrer" to the suit citing the above statute, which would be tossed out of court for "failure to state a cause of action."

I don't know much about the common usage in legal circles, but in English language circles "demurrer" is a noun, so a more grammatically-correct construction would be "file a demurrer" or just "demur".

Back