ODP

3SoccerLadies

SILVER ELITE
WOW! New ODP pool is out and its interesting the number of players and clubs not represented. I’m not sure the message that CalSouth is sending (I can certainly guess) to many of the clubs and players but it’s interesting to see so many of the top clubs not represented. It appears to be a combination of players who made it through past ODP pools to the final group and SCDSL and ECNL teams. Teams playing in DPL for 06 appear to not be represented.

Regardless, congrats to those on the list!

https://www.calsouth.com/en/news-detail/254-id.209717998.html#.W_yOV4qIafA

WOW! New ODP pool is out and its interesting the number of players and clubs not represented. I’m not sure the message that CalSouth is sending (I can certainly guess) to many of the clubs and players but it’s interesting to see so many of the top clubs not represented. It appears to be a combination of players who made it through past ODP pools to the final group and SCDSL and ECNL teams. Teams playing in DPL for 06 appear to not be represented.

It's basically the same list of girls that made the first cut back in March with some exceptions made for girls playing up with 05s.

No message being sent by CalSouth. Look at the 2005 girls club list -- no DA clubs. Why? Because ODP not allowed. A lot of 06 girls from those same DA clubs didn't go to ODP trials last Spring, deciding to take this month off over the holidays instead. As mentioned above, this is not a new list, but the semi-final cut of the girls who were selected in April/May. Good luck to those attending.

ODP doesn't pick clubs. It picks players.

this is not a new list, but the semi-final cut of the girls who were selected in April/May. Good luck to those attending.
I agree that it looks like a lot of the semi-final cut from April/May, but I don't think there were 10 legends players in that cut (I could be wrong) and there is a girl from our team who got selected this time who was not even invited last spring nor any year before. So they for sure selected at least one new player from watching games or talking to coaches or something...

No message being sent by CalSouth. Look at the 2005 girls club list -- no DA clubs. Why? Because ODP not allowed. A lot of 06 girls from those same DA clubs didn't go to ODP trials last Spring, deciding to take this month off over the holidays instead. As mentioned above, this is not a new list, but the semi-final cut of the girls who were selected in April/May. Good luck to those attending.
Only half of those initially picked last spring are on that list. They have added players since then. Which has doubled the pool. It appears they are non-DPL. And many chosen from other leagues.

I agree that it looks like a lot of the semi-final cut from April/May, but I don't think there were 10 legends players in that cut (I could be wrong) and there is a girl from our team who got selected this time who was not even invited last spring nor any year before. So they for sure selected at least one new player from watching games or talking to coaches or something...
7 out of 10 are from the Legends pre academy team and I think they were all in the semi - cut from the summer. I'm not sure what team the other 3 Legends players are from or what league they might play in. Legends Pre academy plays in the DPL league.

5 are from the Albion team which also plays in DPL, but I believe they were all on the list last spring which was before DPL.

ODP is a complete Joke! I feel bad for any parent and their player who wastes their time or money on that circus!

Not really, ODP still carries enough weight to make it relevant, especially the Cal South ODP teams, which historically dominate. Because of the DA restrictions against outside play and the lack of ECNL teams in certain regions, ODP has its place if the end goal is college, which is especially the case for girls.

ODP is a complete Joke! I feel bad for any parent and their player who wastes their time or money on that circus!
The selection process is flawed and there is politics involved so when your DD doesn't get selected it is easy to feel this way. If your DD does get to participate it can be a lot of fun and creates memorable experiences and long term friendships out in the larger soccer community.

The selection process is flawed and there is politics involved so when your DD doesn't get selected it is easy to feel this way. If your DD does get to participate it can be a lot of fun and creates memorable experiences and long term friendships out in the larger soccer community.

politics how?

i did heard this from many on both sides:

some girls who didn’t play well got chosen and girls who played well did not. very sad when politics n agendas override performence. for sure some girls deserved to be there.

happens every year - it is just the way it is. The very top players will be selected because they want to win the tournaments. After those few selections there are many things involved in the decision so it isn't always based on how the players perform at the weekend training/selection sessions.

Back