ODP G06 2018

Making some assumptions from chatter I heard among their parents. I could be wrong obviously.
You're not that far off, might not be the roster RSC shows up with on week 1 of 2018-2019 DA season, but a good core of that team will be there.

Final 18 sorted by last name. Congratulations to those selected.

Diep Sherry
Encinas Madison
Gordon Hailey
Howitt Bianca
Jackman Ava
Kasarda Kira
Kiesling Gia
Lopiccolo Rebekah
Mekitarian Ashley
Nesser Brianna
Ngo-Harris Leilani
Osborn Sydney
Penaloza Cassandra
Romero Genesis
Schall Ava
Schuler Madison
Spears Sarah
Tjon Madeline

Two 05 teams were brought in for scrimmages: Oxnard PAL and Real SoCal's U14 DA team. As expected RSC has some very good players!

A huge congrats to all! Sure it was very competitive and fun.

Don't know all girls but by the looks, seems like they opted for size and players from teams that were in semis of Nat Cup? Heard from friend that the coaches said girls were all very, very close and it took a long time for the girls to wait, and things being equal, I guess there's less risk that way in a short amount of time to choose, perhaps? Also heard that this is just for camp you pay for and then selecting again for real tourney in winter? Most girls onto DA after this.

In the end, congrats!

>Don't know all girls but by the looks, seems like they opted for size and players from teams that were in semis of Nat Cup?

7 out 18 in semis. Biased towards size and speed, yes.

>Heard from friend that the coaches said girls were all very, very close and it took a long time for the girls to wait, and things being equal, I guess there's less risk that way in a short amount of time to choose, perhaps?

They say that every time LOL

> Also heard that this is just for camp you pay for and then selecting again for real tourney in winter?

Correct. 18 chosen go to summer camp. The final 40 are going to be invited back to try out for the travel team to ODP championships. I wouldn't be surprised if they invited the 2007 ODP selections to try out in winter also, since that's what they did this past season with 05/06s.

>Most girls onto DA after this.

Doubt it. Just my personal opinion without any knowledge of what any player or club is doing. It makes better business sense for the clubs to try and keep the 06 team together and matriculate them to DA next year as a group instead of plucking 1 or 2 to play D.A.

Also heard that this is just for camp you pay for and then selecting again for real tourney in winter? Most girls onto DA after this.

In the end, congrats!
The group will go to the camp. Come winter, they will open it back up to the "Winter Pool" and you'll see primarily the top girls selected again and only a few new faces. From that pool they will go through the cut down process and select a final team that will represent the 06s at a regional competition against other ODP squads.

Doubt it. Just my personal opinion without any knowledge of what any player or club is doing. It makes better business sense for the clubs to try and keep the 06 team together and matriculate them to DA next year as a group instead of plucking 1 or 2 to play D.A.

Just meant next year, most girls will be in DA and won’t do ODP? Don’t mean any girls in pool are going right now. Sorry for confusion.

Anyone know when an email will go out for the 18 that got selected?
Or if one has already gone out?
PM me if you have more information, thanks!

Back