Time: 5-7pm

2003 White - Tuesday/Thursday

Dates: 12/6, 12/8, 12/13, 12/15

Time: 5-6:30pm

2003 Black - Monday/Wednesday

Dates: 12/5, 12/7, 12/12, 12/14

Time: 6:30-8pm

Questions? Contact: doc@strikersorangecounty.com

Huh, so the EGSL team is no more? We are the "white" team now?

It's awesome to be a part of an organization where you learn more about your organization from a public forum versus communication from the directors.

Booey--I hear there is a new admin position available in the PR dept at the club you can volunteer for. It was good to meet you a few weeks back.

Forum posters usually ahead of the curve (and occasionally wrong). I have sent the links to all of our tournament schedules and league games to our manager and coach before they got them all year long.

Huh, so the EGSL team is no more? We are the "white" team now?

It's awesome to be a part of an organization where you learn more about your organization from a public forum versus communication from the directors.
The white team is the EGSL team and has been that way. Nothing's changed. White team is the top team until you get to ECNL.

The white team is the EGSL team and has been that way. Nothing's changed. White team is the top team until you get to ECNL.

So says you........

We have been with SOC for two years now and my dd's team has never been referred to as the "white" team. Last year she was on the EGSL team, which was the "top" team for her her age group. This season she was on the EGSL team that was the "second" team for her age group.

Check the SOC website and the SCDSL website and show me where there are "white" teams.

So says you........

We have been with SOC for two years now and my dd's team has never been referred to as the "white" team. Last year she was on the EGSL team, which was the "top" team for her her age group. This season she was on the EGSL team that was the "second" team for her age group.

Check the SOC website and the SCDSL website and show me where there are "white" teams.

In the Eclipse days the White team was the "A" team.

So after last night's practice, the parents of the EGSL team had the privilege to speak one on one with the new DOC and AR. Not much to share, but here a few items for those that are interested in SOC:
1. AR will coach the 03 ECNL team next season. I guess there was a rumor he was leaving SOC or not going to coach the 03 team next season.
2. SOC has not hired a replacement coach for the 03 EGSL team, though they are close.
3. It sounds as though SOC will stay at the OC Great Park for 2017. The six new soccer fields that will be available soon will help alleviate the log jam of teams wanting to use OCGP.

So after last night's practice, the parents of the EGSL team had the privilege to speak one on one with the new DOC and AR. Not much to share, but here a few items for those that are interested in SOC:
1. AR will coach the 03 ECNL team next season. I guess there was a rumor he was leaving SOC or not going to coach the 03 team next season.
2. SOC has not hired a replacement coach for the 03 EGSL team, though they are close.
3. It sounds as though SOC will stay at the OC Great Park for 2017. The six new soccer fields that will be available soon will help alleviate the log jam of teams wanting to use OCGP.

Difficult to observe, certainly the new academy concept will have an impact on both ECNL and EGSL teams from a player perspective. Loosing three coaches has to be especially difficult just as the club was showing signs of recovery. Neither the ECNL nor the EGSL teams are likely to return to form next year. ECNL will be mostly a new team and EGSL will have both a new team and a new coach. Difficult to rebuild with so much instability.

Difficult to observe, certainly the new academy concept will have an impact on both ECNL and EGSL teams from a player perspective. Loosing three coaches has to be especially difficult just as the club was showing signs of recovery. Neither the ECNL nor the EGSL teams are likely to return to form next year. ECNL will be mostly a new team and EGSL will have both a new team and a new coach. Difficult to rebuild with so much instability.
I think the younger's Strikers program will definitely be impacted with the loss of PA / CB and may see the majority of their younger's team's playing tier 2 next season due to the massive turnover in top quality and Tier 1 players. Hard to lose 2 quality / development minded coaches and not be impacted. As for the Ecnl program, I believe Strikers will build and get stronger next year in most age groups. The 04 Ecnl Team won't be impacted by DA, b/c it is their off year. The 03 Ecnl Team will have AR coaching them again and will be able to build on an already strong team of soccer players. I think this Team stays in tact minus a few players and dominates next season like they are this season. I don't think academy will be for everyone and these super talented striker studs will dominate at the ecnl level, high school level, and odp level. The 02 Ecnl Team won't be impacted by DA, b/c it is their off year. I guess we will see this all play out in May-June. Fun times ahead. :)

I think the younger's Strikers program will definitely be impacted with the loss of PA / CB and may see the majority of their younger's team's playing tier 2 next season due to the massive turnover in top quality and Tier 1 players. Hard to lose 2 quality / development minded coaches and not be impacted. As for the Ecnl program, I believe Strikers will build and get stronger next year in most age groups. The 04 Ecnl Team won't be impacted by DA, b/c it is their off year. The 03 Ecnl Team will have AR coaching them again and will be able to build on an already strong team of soccer players. I think this Team stays in tact minus a few players and dominates next season like they are this season. I don't think academy will be for everyone and these super talented striker studs will dominate at the ecnl level, high school level, and odp level. The 02 Ecnl Team won't be impacted by DA, b/c it is their off year. I guess we will see this all play out in May-June. Fun times ahead. :)

I agree with your points about the Strikers younger teams. Losing both PA and CB will be a major hit to their reputation as an organization for younger players. Time will tell how much of an impact.

As for the 03 ECNL team, I am not so sure I agree with you. They had multiple impact players at the recent Pats Academy tryouts. If those parents/players were 100% happy with SOC, why go to the tryout? I believe that more SOC ECNL players wanted to attend the Pats tryout, but were concerned if the word got back to AR it would impact their player. I think SOC and Arsenal are most vulnerable to the GDA right now. The programs that have both ECNL and GDA will have a better chance to retain their impact players. Will the parents of SOC and Arsenal feel that their "impact player" must play GDA to stay in the most competitive environment available? If players want to play both HS and ODP, then the decision is much easier to make.

Lastly, as parents we need to reclaim the "power" from the clubs. Attend any tryout you want and do not worry about it. Why be afraid to be upfront with the coach? I realize that ECNL has rules about tryout periods and transfer rules, but an impact player transferred from Arsenal to Surf during the season, so all things are possible. Remember, without your dollars, these clubs would not exist. I am stepping off the soapbox now. Sorry for the rant.

..,As for the Ecnl program, I believe Strikers will build and get stronger next year in most age groups. The 04 Ecnl Team won't be impacted by DA, b/c it is their off year. The 03 Ecnl Team will have AR coaching them again and will be able to build on an already strong team of soccer players. I think this Team stays in tact minus a few players and dominates next season like they are this season. I don't think academy will be for everyone and these super talented striker studs will dominate at the ecnl level, high school level, and odp level. The 02 Ecnl Team won't be impacted by DA, b/c it is their off year. I guess we will see this all play out in May-June. Fun times ahead. :)
No doubt a glass half full observation, not only are there lots of Striker players out there testing the waters. I am sure the coaches that are leaving will have a significant following hence more than a couple will be leaving. While I agree that the ECNL team has some consistency to offer in AR staying and that the GDA is not for all. GDA will have a significant impact on ECNL all around, especially when some of the programs are fully funded. ECNL players/parents are Type A personalities they will make great sacrifices to play on top teams. All clubs that accepted GDA are poise to deliver their best soccer through the GDA.

Lastly, as parents we need to reclaim the "power" from the clubs. Attend any tryout you want and do not worry about it. Why be afraid to be upfront with the coach? I realize that ECNL has rules about tryout periods and transfer rules, but an impact player transferred from Arsenal to Surf during the season, so all things are possible. Remember, without your dollars, these clubs would not exist. I am stepping off the soapbox now. Sorry for the rant.[/QUOTE]

From a distance it seemed like SOC was the most stable and drama free clubs. Strong, consistent, and quality teams.

With all the shenanigans, affiliation changes, coaches leaving mid-season, birth year changes, da program, I would hope we parents would see through the bs and just do what's best for our kids. Those contracts we sign are very one-sided. Find a coach you like who believes in your kid and hope for the best.

alot of the above seems true and legit.........EXCEPT......knowing the difference between a great recruiter and someone who actually develops........PA=recruiter CB=developer......PA needs to keep holding his hand and learn a thing or 5...

ohhhh.....
the following applys for younger up to ECNL
1 white
2 black
3 red

AND............. hey DOC......you should hold an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY tryout for all players, then assess what level or (COLOR) best fits that player, Like how does the average parent know what color team to tryout for >>>>LOL

Lastly, as parents we need to reclaim the "power" from the clubs. Attend any tryout you want and do not worry about it. Why be afraid to be upfront with the coach? I realize that ECNL has rules about tryout periods and transfer rules, but an impact player transferred from Arsenal to Surf during the season, so all things are possible. Remember, without your dollars, these clubs would not exist. I am stepping off the soapbox now. Sorry for the rant.

From a distance it seemed like SOC was the most stable and drama free clubs. Strong, consistent, and quality teams.

With all the shenanigans, affiliation changes, coaches leaving mid-season, birth year changes, da program, I would hope we parents would see through the bs and just do what's best for our kids. Those contracts we sign are very one-sided. Find a coach you like who believes in your kid and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with the last paragraph. I would also add to try and find a coach who is willing to communicate with you and your player on a regular basis.

AND............. hey DOC......you should hold an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY tryout for all players, then assess what level or (COLOR) best fits that player, Like how does the average parent know what color team to tryout for >>>>LOL

Well, at least the DOC took the time to set-up a thread on these boards looking for outside talent versus alerting his current parents/players that tryouts were coming. SOC may end up being a great organization for years to come, but the current direction is concerning.

Back