New Girls DA Clubs Announced

I’ll put your hate for the DA aside and ask you to go off on another rant. What do your studies, stats and figures say about high school soccer cramming 20+ games into <3 months?

Where players who are actually somewhat decent will take on more of a load in 80 minutes (let’s be real the best ones aren’t coming out very often) than on a DA team where their teammates can share the workload with them. These players also don’t have access to strength and conditioning coaches, they are often coached by teachers or club coaches with little coaching education (not that this is a be all end all but it shows investment in the game) they couldn’t spell periodization if you asked them to and they train between games every week because they know they have to win to keep their job.

Do you have stats on the safety of this? Because my, doesn’t enjoy reading articles to prove me right in internet arguments brain, computes that this would be a greater risk to players than 4 nights a week of structured training based on periodization and 90 minutes up to twice on a weekend.

But I’m just a lowly person who still doesn’t know what ameliorate means.
Don’t waste your time! I’ve asked him that question (and several others that invalidate his argument) to which there is nothing but silence or deflection.

SoCal is not as strong in talent as we all think it is . Just look at how few girls from SoCal are in the US National team pools. There are plenty of teams worth playing outside of SoCal at all ages.

I disagree. It is abundant with talent. What I would say is that the talent is not cultivated nearly as well as it could be. Too many coaches focused of the archaic mantra of size and speed.

SoCal is not as strong in talent as we all think it is . Just look at how few girls from SoCal are in the US National team pools. There are plenty of teams worth playing outside of SoCal at all ages.
I think that speaks more of the ineptitude of those charged with selecting teams, than the balance of talent. I fairly confident an ALL SoCal U17 or U18 team could outplay the current rosters for both. That’s not to denigrate the talent of anywhere else. Just sayin.

My god, please just speak with an expert.

As for your point about the handful of clubs that do things right, it's great if you or your daughter's club have the financial resources and dedication necessary to ensure that your kid has appropriate access to strength and conditioning coaching and other preventative measure to help ameliorate the risk associated with GDA's unnecessary rules, but I'm not talking about what is an idealistic fantasy world for most of the kids who play in the GDA. You're essentially arguing that Russian roulette is fine because kids at some GDA clubs are playing it with only 2 bullets in the chamber instead of the usual 4 bullets at most GDA clubs.

Do me a favor and compare the clubs that USSF is bringing in to replace the real clubs that have left - big clubs that generally do things right like PDA, FC Stars, Boston Breakers, Slammers, Eclipse, Crossfire, Michigan Hawks, plus NYCFC which will apparently be next to give notice. The clubs that are leaving have the financial resources to help limit the risk, while the clubs that are coming mostly do not. Seriously, you can't look at these two lists and say with a straight face that USSF is even remotely concerned about the health or safety of its players, let alone that its member clubs are implementing an appropriate curriculum and have the financial resources to pay competent staff needed to ameliorate the rules that make GDA dangerous. Shoot, many of the clubs that USSF is bringing in can't even field teams in every age group. In the end, what you're left with rules for most GDA players that are dangerous and zero appropriate "preventative measures", let alone adequate ones that might conceivably justify the risk.

Regardless, this will soon be a moot point because GDA is in a death spiral.

When clubs leave GDA it is all about the $! Loss of revenue from tournaments, cost of fields etc. etc. etc. Oh and they want their players to play high school soccer, they all want to play for that patch! :)

I’ll put your hate for the DA aside and ask you to go off on another rant. What do your studies, stats and figures say about high school soccer cramming 20+ games into <3 months?

Where players who are actually somewhat decent will take on more of a load in 80 minutes (let’s be real the best ones aren’t coming out very often) than on a DA team where their teammates can share the workload with them. These players also don’t have access to strength and conditioning coaches, they are often coached by teachers or club coaches with little coaching education (not that this is a be all end all but it shows investment in the game) they couldn’t spell periodization if you asked them to and they train between games every week because they know they have to win to keep their job.

Do you have stats on the safety of this? Because my, doesn’t enjoy reading articles to prove me right in internet arguments brain, computes that this would be a greater risk to players than 4 nights a week of structured training based on periodization and 90 minutes up to twice on a weekend.

But I’m just a lowly person who still doesn’t know what ameliorate means.

It sounds like you have things covered. The articles and studies that you're using to support your position are highly compelling.

When clubs leave GDA it is all about the $! Loss of revenue from tournaments, cost of fields etc. etc. etc. Oh and they want their players to play high school soccer, they all want to play for that patch! :)

If this string of cliches is meant as a jest, well done.

Clubs leave DA for one primary reason -- control. In the USSDA, the federation is ultimately in control of your best team's and players. In the ECNL, the DOC's and coaches are the ones who are in control. Both make decisions that serve their own interests. This issue is not unique to the girls side, there is talk about defections rom the DA on the boys side as well by MLS clubs, who want more control of the USSDA schedule.

We can honestly debate the merits of each league and their policies, and perhaps even argue who is better suited to be in control, but characterizing one group as having more nefarious motivations is imprudent. They are both acting in their own self-interest, and it is up to us to determine whose align best with our own (and specifically, those of our players).

Still haven’t answered a single question.......

That's rich. If you'd read the articles and studies I previously posted here, you'd already know the answer to your question about playing 20 games in 3 months, which is it has negligible impact on ACL injury risk. I have literally asked people here at least 5 times (including you) to provide some support for the proposition that the studies I have posted are wrong and the GDA policies that I have criticized are not dangerous, and not a single person has been able to step up to the plate. Not one. I can only speculate about how much time you and others have spent trolling the internet unsuccessfully trying to find something that doesn't exist except, perhaps, on Info Wars.

Regardless, your comparison of HS soccer to GDA is a false one. Whether many HS soccer programs have flaws has nothing to do with whether GDA rules that are unnecessary and dangerous, and whether the GDA rules should be modified to protect the safety and interests of the players. I'm sorry your daughter's HS lacks access to strength and conditioning coaches and has a moron for a coach, but that is by no means a universal problem. I am sorry your daughter's GDA teammates don't play hard during games, but that is also not a universal problem even assuming it's ever true. You're also comparing GDA to the wrong thing. You should be comparing GDA to its actual competitor, ECNL, which you aren't because you know ECNL is a better platform in virtually every respect.

It's clear you haven't read anything I've posted. It's clear you haven't read anything at all about ACL injury avoidance and aren't serious or sincere about discussing it. GDA sycophants like yourself are no different than anti-vaxers; you use the same specious tactics to change the subject by making straw man arguments and personal attacks to distract from proven science that isn't even remotely controversial. Feel free to get back to me if you ever get serious and have some support for what you're saying. Until then, carry on rearranging the deck chairs on the USSF Titanic.

That's rich. If you'd read the articles and studies I previously posted here, you'd already know the answer to your question about playing 20 games in 3 months, which is it has negligible impact on ACL injury risk. I have literally asked people here at least 5 times (including you) to provide some support for the proposition that the studies I have posted are wrong and the GDA policies that I have criticized are not dangerous, and not a single person has been able to step up to the plate. Not one. I can only speculate about how much time you and others have spent trolling the internet unsuccessfully trying to find something that doesn't exist except, perhaps, on Info Wars.

Regardless, your comparison of HS soccer to GDA is a false one. Whether many HS soccer programs have flaws has nothing to do with whether GDA rules that are unnecessary and dangerous, and whether the GDA rules should be modified to protect the safety and interests of the players. I'm sorry your daughter's HS lacks access to strength and conditioning coaches and has a moron for a coach, but that is by no means a universal problem. I am sorry your daughter's GDA teammates don't play hard during games, but that is also not a universal problem even assuming it's ever true. You're also comparing GDA to the wrong thing. You should be comparing GDA to its actual competitor, ECNL, which you aren't because you know ECNL is a better platform in virtually every respect.

It's clear you haven't read anything I've posted. It's clear you haven't read anything at all about ACL injury avoidance and aren't serious or sincere about discussing it. GDA sycophants like yourself are no different than anti-vaxers; you use the same specious tactics to change the subject by making straw man arguments and personal attacks to distract from proven science that isn't even remotely controversial. Feel free to get back to me if you ever get serious and have some support for what you're saying. Until then, carry on rearranging the deck chairs on the USSF Titanic.
You know nothing about me, my history or my knowledge of ACL injury and prevention. Just because my DD is in GDA, doesn’t mean I don’t see the flaws. It means I followed a coach and a program that my Dd and I agreed was the best path for her. A program that works with Cedar-Sinai Ketlan & Jobe Institute on injury prevention and treatment (maybe you’ve heard of them and assume you know more than them too).

Back to your “studies”......as more than one poster has said, the studies are valid, no doubt. But they don’t support your argument....they also contradict it. You can’t simply omit the sections that aren’t in line with your position unless you yourself just didn’t read the whole thing.

The assumptions you make and the way you “took SIMI behind the woodshed” make you my favorite kind of A-hole.

Learn to stay in your lane, that’s how you avoid accidents.

And so it begins. Crossfire Premier out of DA for "all-in" ECNL. Who's next?
Beware the SoCal exodus may be coming
http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/2019/02/22/crossfire-premier-is-all-in-for-2019-20/
Crossfire just got smoked last weekend by LAGSD DA & Surf DA.
And so it begins. Crossfire Premier out of DA for "all-in" ECNL. Who's next?
Beware the SoCal exodus may be coming
http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/2019/02/22/crossfire-premier-is-all-in-for-2019-20/

BTW, Crossfire just got smoked last weekend by LAGSD DA & Surf DA at every age group.
0-7-1 on the weekend.

You know nothing about me, my history or my knowledge of ACL injury and prevention. Just because my DD is in GDA, doesn’t mean I don’t see the flaws. It means I followed a coach and a program that my Dd and I agreed was the best path for her. A program that works with Cedar-Sinai Ketlan & Jobe Institute on injury prevention and treatment (maybe you’ve heard of them and assume you know more than them too).

Back to your “studies”......as more than one poster has said, the studies are valid, no doubt. But they don’t support your argument....they also contradict it. You can’t simply omit the sections that aren’t in line with your position unless you yourself just didn’t read the whole thing.

The assumptions you make and the way you “took SIMI behind the woodshed” make you my favorite kind of A-hole.

Learn to stay in your lane, that’s how you avoid accidents.

Great. Since I was mistaken about you not having read the articles and studies, please cite the provisions that contradict what I'm saying. What do your experts at Cedar-Sinai have to say about 14 year old girls being forced to play 90 straight minutes? About being force to train 4x a week for 11 months in one sport by the time they're 13? What do they say about the pill, which was apparently the main trigger that led Simi to take himself out to the woodshed? Have you asked them how GDA substitution rules and practice requirements stack up to ECNL's more flexible rules? Do they believe that forcing kids to play 90 straight minutes is worth the risk because it is going to make the difference between playing for UCLA and SDSU? SDSU and nowhere? Seriously, it is truly amazing the lengths to which people will go to defend a no-reentry rule that has no rational basis to exist in the first place.

I get it if GDA is the only realistic path for your kid so long as you go into with your eyes open. I hope the kids at Salvo FC and all the other quality clubs in GDA have access to Cedar-Sinai too.

Great. Since I was mistaken about you not having read the articles and studies, please cite the provisions that contradict what I'm saying. What do your experts at Cedar-Sinai have to say about 14 year old girls being forced to play 90 straight minutes? About being force to train 4x a week for 11 months in one sport by the time they're 13? What do they say about the pill, which was apparently the main trigger that led Simi to take himself out to the woodshed? Have you asked them how GDA substitution rules and practice requirements stack up to ECNL's more flexible rules? Do they believe that forcing kids to play 90 straight minutes is worth the risk because it is going to make the difference between playing for UCLA and SDSU? SDSU and nowhere? Seriously, it is truly amazing the lengths to which people will go to defend a no-reentry rule that has no rational basis to exist in the first place.

I get it if GDA is the only realistic path for your kid so long as you go into with your eyes open. I hope the kids at Salvo FC and all the other quality clubs in GDA have access to Cedar-Sinai too.

I think you might need to put your reading glasses on. Nobody here is touting the DA as a flawless system. Just your argument that it is the worst thing that has ever happened to Women’s soccer.

There is literally nothing forcing players to play 90 minutes. Those who are capable do, substitution rules allow for 7 subs except for the oldest age group. So, the DA has made a provision whereby only 3 field players are actually required to play the whole game.

There is nothing forcing players to train the 4 days a week. It just requires that the clubs make the 4 days a week available. A lot of clubs have taken it on themselves to make one of these 4 days a strength and conditioning day, or a film session, this is a positive so stop trying to make it a negative.

There are 100% flaws to the DA, as there is with everything, but there are also flaws in your argument as you’re making the facts suit your agenda, where these facts also apply to other areas of the sport such as high school soccer.

I imagine given your proclivity to use medical articles to dictate how you approach the game (one would guess every other aspect of life too) that your child has never once headed a ball and is banned from ever doing so.

Your ignorance is dumbfounding!

Hey Wa parent here. Mostly lurking.
@End of the Line sounds like the douchebag
named Triple Play we had at our former Wa site.
Same arguments, same MO. This guy had over
9,000 posts. Since our site is down, this guy
probably came over to harass you Cali folks.
If our site was up, I would cut and paste the
almost exact responses.

He doesn't have a kid that plays or anything.
I suspect he is one of the homeless guys at our
public libraries with nothign better to do.
Ticks me off when people are really
trying to help out other parents and we have
knuckleheads like this guy stirring up trouble.
Seek some help.
Go Huskies!

almost exact responses.

Seek some help.
Go Huskies!

Fellow NW lurker here - I don't recall Tripleplay being so anti-GDA, but you could be right. As long as we can avoid the "if only we had the best athletes" discussion on still another forum, we'll be alright.

Go Ducks!

Fellow NW lurker here - I don't recall Tripleplay being so anti-GDA, but you could be right. As long as we can avoid the "if only we had the best athletes" discussion on still another forum, we'll be alright.

Go Ducks!
You two are a hoot! Love the NW banter. Good to know that this individual has been outed. Also, great timing on your first post. It was well timed.:D

almost exact responses.

Seek some help.
Go Huskies!
How long has your forum been down?

Back