New Girls DA Clubs Announced

I do love Del Sol's style of play, the coaches are doing a great job, but be realistic, SoCal, Texas, Florida by far have the biggest talent pool in the US. SoCal has soooo many teams/clubs in DA and ENCL that the product is watered down unfortunately... imaging how dominant a SoCal would be if there was only 2 or 3 DA/ENCL teams total... I know the population is much smaller in AZ and Nevada, but look at college recruitment for just California alone...Every showcase we go to out of state parents say the same thing

My DD's team (SoCal Academy Hazell G05 which is now LA Surf Hazell) played the Albion LV 05 team in the SoCal Blues Cup right before this past season. They ended up with 1 win ( 3-1 over Rebels) and 2 loses (0-1 each vs SoCal Blues ECNL and SoCal Academy). They were pretty physical with us but I think that was due to it was the 3rd game and they had to beat us by 5 goals or something like that to have a chance to move on. But like @shales1002 said, I'm sure there will be some movement between Albion and Heat ECNL as some players/parents don't want to go DA or ECNL players/parents do want to go DA.

My DD's team (SoCal Academy Hazell G05 which is now LA Surf Hazell) played the Albion LV 05 team in the SoCal Blues Cup right before this past season. They ended up with 1 win ( 3-1 over Rebels) and 2 loses (0-1 each vs SoCal Blues ECNL and SoCal Academy). They were pretty physical with us but I think that was due to it was the 3rd game and they had to beat us by 5 goals or something like that to have a chance to move on. But like @shales1002 said, I'm sure there will be some movement between Albion and Heat ECNL as some players/parents don't want to go DA or ECNL players/parents do want to go DA.
Our girls played their G06 team at Far West Regional's last June and they played in the same manner. Only one game a day with a day off.

It's not about DA. It's about traveling out of state for a league soccer game regardless of league. We (SoCal) live in an incredibly densely populated area that is terribly expensive to live. The big plus is that we have plenty of competition locally. We should take advantage of it. There is absolutely no reason why SoCal teams should ever be in a league that requires traveling such long distances for ordinary league games.

OMG, you're actually making sense. Apparently torn ACLs and playing in the snow aren't sufficient deterrents, but a couple more hours at the airport and a $100 plane flight to Vegas to play one game has woken you up to the stupidity that is GDA?

SoCal is not as strong in talent as we all think it is . Just look at how few girls from SoCal are in the US National team pools. There are plenty of teams worth playing outside of SoCal at all ages.
Not for a league game. The majority of SoCal teams can find plenty of competition right hear in SoCal for league games. Out of state travel should be for 1 or 2 showcase/championship events.

OMG, you're actually making sense. Apparently torn ACLs and playing in the snow aren't sufficient deterrents, but a couple more hours at the airport and a $100 plane flight to Vegas to play one game has woken you up to the stupidity that is GDA?
Yes becaise torn ACL’s ONLY happen in GDA. Your a moron!

SoCal is not as strong in talent as we all think it is . Just look at how few girls from SoCal are in the US National team pools. There are plenty of teams worth playing outside of SoCal at all ages.
Disagree. Top 150 2019 Winter All American watch list for High School Seniors from Top Draw shows 46 girls from California out of the 150. 30% of the girls. Pretty strong if you ask me. Next state is 32 from Florida, or 21%. Those two states have 51% of the top girls. Arizona had 3, Nevada none.

Disagree. Top 150 2019 Winter All American watch list for High School Seniors from Top Draw shows 46 girls from California out of the 150. 30% of the girls. Pretty strong if you ask me. Next state is 32 from Florida, or 21%. Those two states have 51% of the top girls. Arizona had 3, Nevada none.

First please recognize that most of the country does not play HS soccer in the Winter so they would not be on this list. Also DA players except for private schools are not included since they are not allowed to play.

Yes becaise torn ACL’s ONLY happen in GDA. Your a moron!

"Your a moron" is an absolute classic.

I never said that ACL injuries only happen in GDA, of course. I have said that GDA's rules significantly increase the risk, and there's really no disputing it given the wealth of information available, if you ever choose to read it.

How's all your advice on avoiding ACL injuries working out for people, BTW?

"Your a moron" is an absolute classic.

I never said that ACL injuries only happen in GDA, of course. I have said that GDA's rules significantly increase the risk, and there's really no disputing it given the wealth of information available, if you ever choose to read it.

How's all your advice on avoiding ACL injuries working out for people, BTW?
I know how to stay in my lane!

Back