National Cup 2019

Well enough about seeding. The damage is done. So with this so called unfair seeding Who's winning what brackets as it sits now ??

No horse in this race but here is my predictions

Bracket Winners
A1 #1 Legends FC G06 Pre-Academ
B1 #8 LAGSD G06 Pre Academy-Eckerlin
C2 #14 SD Surf Academy Girls Select 2006
D1 #5 Legends FC G06 FC
E1 #4 Albion SC G06 Academy - Whittaker
F1 #3 SD Surf Academy Girls (Brookfield) 2006
G1 #6 Real So Cal G06 Pre Academy I
H1 #11 Pateadores Pre Academy G2006
I1 #7 OC Surf G06 DA Swanson
J1 #10 SoCal Academy G2006 Chavez
K1 #2 LAGSB 2006 DPL

Wild Cards
C1 #9 Beach FC LB G06 Pre-Academy R.Perez
D2 #18 CDA FC Slammers - HB G06 Larsen
F3 #31 Legends FC G06 Gold
G2 #17 Legends FC South G06 FC
I2 #16 Rebels Soccer Club - G06 Elite

It's not only loose, they failed to follow their own guidelines. Surf didn't play CRL so this is CS's way of showing them who's boss. No disrespect to Pats and SoCal Academy, both good teams, but they didn't win a game in CRL and both got #1 bracket seeds and are seeded higher than the defending champs with 12 returnees??? This is more about politics and business than protocol. Like I said earlier, all the teams have to win tough games to take the title but CS did all it could to stack the odds against Surf. Unfairly penalizing hard working young girls shows a total lack of integrity.
I show Surf Brookfield is the #3 seed?

Well enough about seeding. The damage is done. So with this so called unfair seeding Who's winning what brackets as it sits now ??

Group A: Legends Pre-Academy
Group B: Galaxy San Diego
Group C: Surf Select
Group D: Legends FC
Group E: Albion
Group F: Surf
Group G: Real So Cal
Group H: Pats
Group I: Rebels
Group J: SoCal Academy
Group K: Galaxy South Bay

Wildcards:
Beach Perez (Group C)
CDA Slammers - HB (Group D)
Legends South (Group G)
OC Surf (Group I)
South Valley SC (Group J)

Which part was not correct besides the Strikers part?
For 2006 girls, I don’t think any of the ecnl teams can play national cup or crl. Crl weekends and ecnl weekends conflicted, so they couldn’t do both. I think a team has to play in a cal south league to play national cup and ecnl isn’t a cal south league. As such, I think your statement that ecnl teams can play national cup is not correct for 2006 girls (if it was, you would certainly see teams like blues entered into national cup). I don’t know about the 2005s.

Group A: Legends Pre-Academy
Group B: Galaxy San Diego
Group C: Surf Select
Group D: Legends FC
Group E: Albion
Group F: Surf
Group G: Real So Cal
Group H: Pats
Group I: Rebels
Group J: SoCal Academy
Group K: Galaxy South Bay

Wildcards:
Beach Perez (Group C)
CDA Slammers - HB (Group D)
Legends South (Group G)
OC Surf (Group I)
South Valley SC (Group J)
I will go way out on a limb and say that the #1, #2 or #14 seed will end up winning it.

For 2006 girls, I don’t think any of the ecnl teams can play national cup or crl. Crl weekends and ecnl weekends conflicted, so they couldn’t do both. I think a team has to play in a cal south league to play national cup and ecnl isn’t a cal south league. As such, I think your statement that ecnl teams can play national cup is not correct for 2006 girls (if it was, you would certainly see teams like blues entered into national cup). I don’t know about the 2005s.

I get what you're saying, but Blues also didn't enter into CRL or National Cup for 05 either, but based off the other teams I mentioned, they had the option.

I get what you're saying, but Blues also didn't enter into CRL or National Cup for 05 either, but based off the other teams I mentioned, they had the option.
In this 2006 forum, I was just responding to your comment that ecnl teams can play in national cup and crl. They cannot for 2006. And I suspect that is why surf A didn’t play crl as they were planning to play ecnl.

#1 is legit and can string together a bunch of passes, or play through to some speedy forwards, and can wear teams down with a large # of subs that still keep the skill level high.

That Beach SB team seems misranked as well...
Yah, thx for mentioning that. Only played 9 games in DPL so they don’t have much to go on......we will play who they put us in front of us and what happens happens. I do like our chances to play Spoiler!

Yah, thx for mentioning that. Only played 9 games in DPL so they don’t have much to go on......we will play who they put us in front of us and what happens happens. I do like our chances to play Spoiler!
Beach actually has the best argument to complain re seeding, not Surf. Surf just may have to face Legends one game early. Beach deserves a first seed in a group where they don't have to beat Surf to win group. Good on you Beach parents for not whining about it.

Back