National Cup 2017

We played them twice in league..the first game they had at least 2 girls that had to be 6 feet tall along with several other very big and fast girls which when you combine their horrible horrible home field at St. John Bosco (literally the worst youth field I've ever seen including AYSO) and the referees who called 18 offside penalties against us and 1 against them (no joke, we all counted) ...they were very hard to beat. But the second game we played them at our home field and magically all of their players were our girls' size or smaller. Night and day difference in level of play too. What a joke.

We played them twice in league..the first game they had at least 2 girls that had to be 6 feet tall along with several other very big and fast girls which when you combine their horrible horrible home field at St. John Bosco (literally the worst youth field I've ever seen including AYSO) and the referees who called 18 offside penalties against us and 1 against them (no joke, we all counted) ...they were very hard to beat. But the second game we played them at our home field and magically all of their players were our girls' size or smaller. Night and day difference in level of play too. What a joke.
OMG so true. They always push their defense forward to create the offsides. Total tactic by the coach but they have always played that way every time we have played them. Luckily we won them twice even if they used over age players for League. I just don't understand why they would stoop to that level. They do have or did have talented players. Shame, shame, shame

I was joking! But said player was noticeably absent at the Anaheim Surf tournament in December.
I wasn't surprised at them driving..I was rather surprised when I saw a few of them playing with their own children though!

OMG so true. They always push their defense forward to create the offsides. Total tactic by the coach but they have always played that way every time we have played them. Luckily we won them twice even if they used over age players for League. I just don't understand why they would stoop to that level. They do have or did have talented players. Shame, shame, shame
Yes, they played a very high line, very aggressive press, very physical. Not very technical, but they were bigger and faster than we usually see, so their press was hard to deal with. Now I think I know why.

Same here... We played them twice in league. When we played them at St John Bosco (I agree, horrible field), there was a girl dressed in full uniform sitting at the very top of the stands. No problem as she's probably there just cheering her club on, no harm, no foul. But at halftime, that player went from the stands to sitting on the bench on the field. One of our parents asked out loud "Who's that #16 on the bench"?? The coaches and the player looked at us and told her something. Guess they figured we caught on and we were also filming the game. She never went into the game but I can see how it's easy to sneak someone in at halftime. When they came to the game at our field, she was no where to be seen.

The girl d

Just calm down everyone. Most of the information that is trending here about TFA G05 is completely wrong. This is my first comment in this forum and I decided to do this because of the information that is being flown around. My DD is 05 and she joined them in the Summer of 2017. We played a couple of tournaments with them. We left after we played three games in CSL. It was not magical. We left because we were not satisfied with training and tactical approach of the game. My DD is a forward and she didn't have a lot of touches with the ball because of the high line approach. The midfield and the forward line were congested. TFA is a talented team and nothing should stand in the way of other parents giving them the credit that is due them. All the tournaments and CSL league my DD played with them, we only saw girls that were registered on cal south G05. We know them by their names. After we left them we still respect the team for the high tempo of soccer they play even though we are not in good terms with the coach. He felt disappointed that we left and my DD did not have high regard for him because he did not address her concern of having fewer touches of the ball. The coach focus more on team than individual concerns. We saw the coach in San Diego Surf Challenge in November and we did not greet each other. His team was there too and we chatted with most of the parents. My DD is the 6 feet tall girl that is being misconstrued here. She is an A-lister - fast, strong and highly talented. She has a lot of pace, goals and energy. She devotes 115% of her time for homework, 120% for soccer and 105% for track. She is also a track champion for middle distance races. She joined Beach FC G05 R Perez after TFA. We had some great games with them at the SCDL. I moved my DD to Real So Cal G05 pre-academy because of easy transportation. They asked her to train with G04 DA and will let her get some games.

She is as tall as the girls that play for San Diego Surf, SoCal Blues and Slammers.

Talent is when a striker can wiggle their way through congested territory and create space to take the shot. - technical skill

Technical players is what a high pressing possession based system requires.

The big fast player you described is better suited for long ball kick and chase type system.

Most people at this age can't differentiate between talent and athletes.
The girl d

Just calm down everyone. Most of the information that is trending here about TFA G05 is completely wrong. This is my first comment in this forum and I decided to do this because of the information that is being flown around. My DD is 05 and she joined them in the Summer of 2017. We played a couple of tournaments with them. We left after we played three games in CSL. It was not magical. We left because we were not satisfied with training and tactical approach of the game. My DD is a forward and she didn't have a lot of touches with the ball because of the high line approach. The midfield and the forward line were congested. TFA is a talented team and nothing should stand in the way of other parents giving them the credit that is due them. All the tournaments and CSL league my DD played with them, we only saw girls that were registered on cal south G05. We know them by their names. After we left them we still respect the team for the high tempo of soccer they play even though we are not in good terms with the coach. He felt disappointed that we left and my DD did not have high regard for him because he did not address her concern of having fewer touches of the ball. The coach focus more on team than individual concerns. We saw the coach in San Diego Surf Challenge in November and we did not greet each other. His team was there too and we chatted with most of the parents. My DD is the 6 feet tall girl that is being misconstrued here. She is an A-lister - fast, strong and highly talented. She has a lot of pace, goals and energy. She devotes 115% of her time for homework, 120% for soccer and 105% for track. She is also a track champion for middle distance races. She joined Beach FC G05 R Perez after TFA. We had some great games with them at the SCDL. I moved my DD to Real So Cal G05 pre-academy because of easy transportation. They asked her to train with G04 DA and will let her get some games.

She is as tall as the girls that play for San Diego Surf, SoCal Blues and Slammers.

Talent is when a striker can wiggle their way through congested territory and create space to take the shot. - technical skill

The big fast player you described is better suited for long ball kick and chase type system.

Very true. They twitted her as the missing piece of their zig zag puzzle. She scored a lot of goals. At times, averaging 3 per game, but she has to deal with a small space in the field. At TFA, all 10 out field players play around the 18 box of the opponent. No space.

There are many ways to play this beautiful game. I like high press, free flowing and counter attack (diego costa and Chelsea - out and out forwards). The best player in the world right now is a big fast player playing for real Madrid.

We shouldn't be decisive by the term technical skill. That era of ronaldino, Pirlo and artistry is all gone for soccer at least for now. They are generational. We are now in the era of athleticism. The era of fast pace, free flow, counter attack and high pressing soccer. If you are not athletic enough it's going to be tough. CR7 is an athlete. Messi is not an artist, he is an athlete.

A country becomes good in soccer when there best athletes play soccer. I hope that the USA can learn a lesson.

Very true. They twitted her as the missing piece of their zig zag puzzle. She scored a lot of goals. At times, averaging 3 per game, but she has to deal with a small space in the field. At TFA, all 10 out field players play around the 18 box of the opponent. No space.

There are many ways to play this beautiful game. I like high press, free flowing and counter attack (diego costa and Chelsea - out and out forwards). The best player in the world right now is a big fast player playing for real Madrid.
If you think CR7 is the best player in the world sorry but you are wrong. Completely wrong. I rather watch skilled technical artistry than boot the ball to the tall player so she can just put the ball in the net. I am not a fan of a non skilled player. The best 2005 player in the nation is all skill. We can agree to disagree though.

We shouldn't be decisive by the term technical skill. That era of ronaldino, Pirlo and artistry is all gone for soccer at least for now. They are generational. We are now in the era of athleticism. The era of fast pace, free flow, counter attack and high pressing soccer. If you are not athletic enough it's going to be tough. CR7 is an athlete. Messi is not an artist, he is an athlete.

A country becomes good in soccer when there best athletes play soccer. I hope that the USA can learn a lesson.
Messi runs less than other players for a simple reason: he doesn't need to. His style is based on focusing most of his energy in making a few extraordinary plays that will decide the game, not in running more just for the sake of it.

In general, it is true that he runs less than others. For example, if you analyze his performance during the last World Cup, he does come out as one of the least running players.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Lionel-Messi-always-play-at-a-walking-pace

Messi runs less than other players for a simple reason: he doesn't need to. His style is based on focusing most of his energy in making a few extraordinary plays that will decide the game, not in running more just for the sake of it.

In general, it is true that he runs less than others. For example, if you analyze his performance during the last World Cup, he does come out as one of the least running players.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Lionel-Messi-always-play-at-a-walking-pace

Probably why he has not won the world cup and has won nothing with his country.

Back