Military Spending Costs...

Under Donald Trump, spending is growing faster than under Barack Obama

It's official: Conservatives only care about deficits when a Democrat is president.

Under Donald Trump the deficit is on a path to more than a trillion dollars per year and discretionary government spending is growing faster than it was under Barack Obama, when he was working to stimulate our way out of the Great Recession.

It's a story we've seen repeatedly since Ronald Reagan. Bill Clinton was famously the last president to preside over a budget surplus and by 2014 Barack Obama had gotten our deficits to half of what they are today under Donald Trump, despite the Great Recession. Because of the sequestration deal that was just taken off the books in this latest budget deal, Obama presided over a reduction in discretionary government spending of nearly 2% per year in his second term.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/23/opin...wing-faster-than-under-obama-avlon/index.html
Of course they are. They usually do spend more than they bring in. They’re dumb like Iz. They don’t understand economics. Their last president sent us into a recession.
But 2 of their idiots tried to save money by voting against the 1st responders of 9/11 compensation fund. Good job!

Anyway you didn't answer my question? .
Waiting to see how your detective work is coming along. I just gotta ask that you report your findings back here to the forum.

On your topic... our Military takes it's direction from our government who has already proven a lack self control when it comes to spending. From local to state to our federal government leaders they are mostly in it for themselves so it's not surprising that the same attitude has permeated into our Military.

A friend of mine, retired Navy pilot, would tell me of the "fuel dumps" they would do in order to secure funding for additional fuel. Maybe start there and move up.

Don't forget to report back.. *GoBearGo* and I are having a little wager on your findings...

Waiting to see how your detective work is coming along. I just gotta ask that you report your findings back here to the forum.

On your topic... our Military takes it's direction from our government who has already proven a lack self control when it comes to spending. From local to state to our federal government leaders they are mostly in it for themselves so it's not surprising that the same attitude has permeated into our Military.

A friend of mine, retired Navy pilot, would tell me of the "fuel dumps" they would do in order to secure funding for additional fuel. Maybe start there and move up.

Don't forget to report back.. *GoBearGo* and I are having a little wager on your findings...

In my days in the Navy, nobody "dumped" fuel, but as the end of a budget period approached the flight training schedule would be increased to make sure that full use was made of the allotted amount.

In my days in the Navy, nobody "dumped" fuel, but as the end of a budget period approached the flight training schedule would be increased to make sure that full use was made of the allotted amount.
Navy aircraft dump fuel all the time to meet landing weight requirements.

Navy aircraft dump fuel all the time to meet landing weight requirements.
According to my friend that was not the case. They were flying out for the sole purpose of fuel dumping. Im sure they also dump prior to landing but the amount of $$ wasted just to dumo fuel must be pretty high..

According to my friend that was not the case. They were flying out for the sole purpose of fuel dumping. Im sure they also dump prior to landing but the amount of $$ wasted just to dumo fuel must be pretty high..
Around the end of the month Skipper would ask pilots, “who wants to go to vegas for the weekend”. Miramar was still Tomcat Alley back then. Depending on how much gas we had to burn weʻde launch 2 to 4 birds off to Nellis.

Well, if your "friend" says so, who are we to argue?

Training squadrons (where everyone wants fight hours) will sometimes find that if they can keep up a high aircraft ready rate then they may push at the limits of their fuel allotment and the CO will request from the Wing Commander that fuel allotted to active squadrons that are not flying much (usually that means many of the pilots are on leave after returning from deployment) be transferred.

Training squadrons (where everyone wants fight hours) will sometimes find that if they can keep up a high aircraft ready rate then they may push at the limits of their fuel allotment and the CO will request from the Wing Commander that fuel allotted to active squadrons that are not flying much (usually that means many of the pilots are on leave after returning from deployment) be transferred.
If you say so. Who are we to argue.

Around the end of the month Skipper would ask pilots, “who wants to go to vegas for the weekend”. Miramar was still Tomcat Alley back then. Depending on how much gas we had to burn weʻde launch 2 to 4 birds off to Nellis.

I arrived at Pt. Mugu on a Friday afternoon in June 1970. They told me I was assigned to Night Shift and to come back Monday at 4 PM (they gave me Sunday night off so the paperwork could process from the Shop Chief to the Night Shift Supervisor). Friday afternoon a Navy Pilot and RIO checked out one of the NMC F4 fighters for a "cross-country training mission" to Pensacola, Florida for the weekend. They requested a cargo blivet (an enclosed container that could installed temporarily on a wing bomb rack) to carry their personal luggage. They returned Sunday after dark and attempted a landing on a path 90° from the heading of the main runway, in a wildlife preserve. They were still digging up parts when I came into work Monday at 4 PM.

You girls sound cute!

What....?

hqdefault.jpg

Back