Max Preps?

Code

SILVER ELITE
Any of you Highschool veterans spend time looking at Max Preps in previous years? It's my DD's first year of Highschool and I was looking at it to check upcoming schedules. It looks like very few schools spend any time updating stats or any of the other cool features. It would be awesome if all the game stats were updated, but that would be a task that would need a dedicated and designated person to keep track. Pass. The ranking system seems to be a bit chaotic, but as this season is just starting, I wouldn't expect it to be very accurate right now. In previous years was MaxPreps ever fairly accurate, or is it just another crazy illogical sports ranking gimmic?

Any of you Highschool veterans spend time looking at Max Preps in previous years? It's my DD's first year of Highschool and I was looking at it to check upcoming schedules. It looks like very few schools spend any time updating stats or any of the other cool features. It would be awesome if all the game stats were updated, but that would be a task that would need a dedicated and designated person to keep track. Pass. The ranking system seems to be a bit chaotic, but as this season is just starting, I wouldn't expect it to be very accurate right now. In previous years was MaxPreps ever fairly accurate, or is it just another crazy illogical sports ranking gimmic?
Maxpreps coverage is only as good as the inputs, which in most cases are from volunteers or coaches. If you want to see better coverage of your HS team. take charge and do it.

Last edited:
Senior daughter. Rankings are pretty good. Some teams keep stats, some don't. Usually an assistant coach or team parent is giving the info and they are the one to access. Heck, some schools don't even have the team listed under players.

I saw that our school was going to be playing 4 teams in the top 25 of southern section. Could end up with 4 losses. :oops:

As others have previously stated, MaxPreps info is only as good as the people behind it (coach, team parent, manager, etc) as they are the ones loading rosters, inputting stats…

I know for a fact a lot of coaches don’t like posting stats as they see it as an easy scouting tool for opposing teams. As for rankings, teams are routinely listed in the wrong league or division unless a team admin makes the correction. And it appears that rankings are based solely on Ws and Ls….with strength of schedule simply determined by your opponent’s winning percentage (divisions doesn’t seem to apply)….case in point, Fairmont Prep, a D5 school for girls soccer, is currently 7-0 and ranked #15 in the entire Southern Section according to MaxPreps. Ummm, how bout no

Back