Manchester City tournament

As a parent of a Heat player, I will say that the first half of the LAUFA game was dominated by the DA team. They were quicker to the ball and faster on the field. They played possession and probably had it 85% of the half. Probably took 8 or 9 shots to our 1 shot (off frame). Second half was different. Heat boys had a renewed energy and came out quicker. They did not play a possession game as they were chasing the tie which would have put them through. They were more direct for sure but grittier. We did miss few shots late that could have put us thru and it wasn't a dominating cake walk for LAUFA. Both teams were less fair play in my opinion. We had a player possibly get tugged down in the box and then wrap his arm around a player ref waived play on (advantage LAUFA), we got to the ball first and two kids high lowed our player and then another slide from behind on the next player with the ball. LAUFA ball but also their yellow cards and we ended up with two players on the ground. WE had a player scissor tackle from behind a kid after he released the crossing pass. While the ball was on the other side there was retaliation on our player as he ended up on the ground (it is on video). The refs got together and discussed it and our player got the talking to. So I am sure he did something . It is 14 yr old boys playing soccer and talking trash trying to win. Testosterone is at a high. It is soccer. Not a big deal. The second half was closer than the first half and again not a cake walk for LAUFA by any means.
The Oceanside game was 2 to 0 not 4 to 0. Not that it matters. I will say we were very lackluster for sure as we had to wait all day for a consolation no one wanted to play at 3:35p and then drive another 5hours back home. Oceanside had to come from where? There home 10 or 20minutes away. We had to be out of our hotel at noon. They always had the advantage on that one so the score is not a reflection of the boys play over the first three games.
As for us being a rec team, just stop. They train hard and play hard and we play out of the back as well. Don't disrespect 14yr old kids trying to play the right way. We don't have a DA in Vegas but we have lost players to DA and between us and LVSA we are still losing players to Sounders, LA Galaxy, RSL and kids are receiving offers to train and play for those DA's along with San Jose, LAFC, Barca AZ and Dallas. So our coaches are doing well. Google our coach. He is a Hell of a guy with a great philosophy of play and a heck of a player resume. Yes he has a English accent.

laufa with 04s and resting there starters and you still couldn't beat them. time to go back to rec. you knew what you signed up for when to went to Oceanside. stop whining.

laufa with 04s and resting there starters and you still couldn't beat them. time to go back to rec. you knew what you signed up for when to went to Oceanside. stop whining.

I must have hit a nerve with you. Yes we played the game against Oceanside. We didn't play like we played in the other three games and Oceanside beat us that day. As for 04s good for you and they didn't rest all their starters. I could go on a defend our side on what we did or did not have with us this weekend but why games are played and over . But to call them rec players just shows your class.

Understandable vegasguy, sympathize with you as LAUFA is just about the smallest independent club around. Heat has 3x the amount of teams we have for example and our players are routinely poached by the better funded MLS and other sides.

Like i mentioned previously hats off the all the players & teams that gave there all during the tournament

There where reasons why the first half was different vs your team. Credit your team for the effort and not giving up on that game down the whole way. The coaches descions on when to go full force or with different lineups, giving all the players some time time regardless of what game or score it is not a easy decision but in the long term better for overall development but sometimes results can suffer.

Thanks. We a big club in a small pool. We have two "big" clubs and a handful of medium clubs. Just a different market. We have to travel more for better games and no Vegas DA. Losing players is a double edged sword. Good for us that we can produce players who move on... bad for us we can not keep them local. Me, I will keep watching our kids grow and compete and have fun... even if SoccerLife wants to call them rec.

As a parent of a Heat player, I will say that the first half of the LAUFA game was dominated by the DA team. They were quicker to the ball and faster on the field. They played possession and probably had it 85% of the half. Probably took 8 or 9 shots to our 1 shot (off frame). Second half was different. Heat boys had a renewed energy and came out quicker. They did not play a possession game as they were chasing the tie which would have put them through. They were more direct for sure but grittier. We did miss few shots late that could have put us thru and it wasn't a dominating cake walk for LAUFA. Both teams were less fair play in my opinion. We had a player possibly get tugged down in the box and then wrap his arm around a player ref waived play on (advantage LAUFA), we got to the ball first and two kids high lowed our player and then another slide from behind on the next player with the ball. LAUFA ball but also their yellow cards and we ended up with two players on the ground. WE had a player scissor tackle from behind a kid after he released the crossing pass. While the ball was on the other side there was retaliation on our player as he ended up on the ground (it is on video). The refs got together and discussed it and our player got the talking to. So I am sure he did something . It is 14 yr old boys playing soccer and talking trash trying to win. Testosterone is at a high. It is soccer. Not a big deal. The second half was closer than the first half and again not a cake walk for LAUFA by any means.
The Oceanside game was 2 to 0 not 4 to 0. Not that it matters. I will say we were very lackluster for sure as we had to wait all day for a consolation no one wanted to play at 3:35p and then drive another 5hours back home. Oceanside had to come from where? There home 10 or 20minutes away. We had to be out of our hotel at noon. They always had the advantage on that one so the score is not a reflection of the boys play over the first three games.
As for us being a rec team, just stop. They train hard and play hard and we play out of the back as well. Don't disrespect 14yr old kids trying to play the right way. We don't have a DA in Vegas but we have lost players to DA and between us and LVSA we are still losing players to Sounders, LA Galaxy, RSL and kids are receiving offers to train and play for those DA's along with San Jose, LAFC, Barca AZ and Dallas. So our coaches are doing well. Google our coach. He is a Hell of a guy with a great philosophy of play and a heck of a player resume. Yes he has a English accent.

Come on guys, this was a bunch of 14 yr olds giving it there all.
Who cares who dominate or have the possessions .
I doubt 10 years from now the boys will remember .

Thanks. We a big club in a small pool. We have two "big" clubs and a handful of medium clubs. Just a different market. We have to travel more for better games and no Vegas DA. Losing players is a double edged sword. Good for us that we can produce players who move on... bad for us we can not keep them local. Me, I will keep watching our kids grow and compete and have fun... even if SoccerLife wants to call them rec.
So what's happening with you guys is you're doing the classwork (training) but there aren't real tests. To develop you need to be tested regularly. These tournaments are not really tests, at least not in terms of soccer. At most they're endurance tests. This whole tournament ritual is a money making scheme that only we ignorant parents could support. In a real soccer country you would take two metro stops to compete at the highest level. For free.

So what's happening with you guys is you're doing the classwork (training) but there aren't real tests. To develop you need to be tested regularly. These tournaments are not really tests, at least not in terms of soccer. At most they're endurance tests. This whole tournament ritual is a money making scheme that only we ignorant parents could support. In a real soccer country you would take two metro stops to compete at the highest level. For free.

So what is your solution for a city like Vegas or others like it?

I get it. Again we have a different geographical makeup than you all do. So we do what we can. Play when we can. Doesn't makes us better or worse and definitely not rec. Like I said we have players leaving Vegas for MLS DA yearly again not rec. You want to demean 14yr olds and call out their coach. I will defend them.

The Oceanside game was 2 to 0 not 4 to 0. Not that it matters. I will say we were very lackluster for sure as we had to wait all day for a consolation no one wanted to play at 3:35p and then drive another 5hours back home. Oceanside had to come from where? There home 10 or 20 minutes away. We had to be out of our hotel at noon. They always had the advantage on that one so the score is not a reflection of the boys play over the first three games.

The travel and the late (meaningless) game before going home is a pain in the butt for sure. I saw the boys from Palo Alto literally run off the field after their consolation match against BOCA Monday.

Congratulations to lafa and SD Galaxy.
Congratulations to Slammers ecnl and TFA
Whatever happened with the DA Bracket?
A parent from SDGalaxy told me that lafa reserves are and play way much better that the lafa DA team?
Well good Tournament for everyone. I’m glad my son had a great weekend at CMT. We got kicked out an 4tr finals.
How did the other ecnl teams did in mct?
Legends decent team but far from the csl Premier level teams.
Beach ecnl definitely a gold team! Not premier.
Slammers ecnl. Good but kick ball. No development there.
congratulations to the champions!

Haha, that's funny. I saw this game because my son's team was going to play afterward and I heard LAUFA was a USSDA team so I decided to watch. The game I saw was completely different to what you saw Mr. My Vegas Team is so good 2nd to last place Real SoCal, $80,000 a year Barca AZ, a 25+ Rostered LA Galaxy, and a Dallas team that is 1,218 miles away, decides to recruit your players. In the first half, LAUFA played cool possession-style soccer that made Heat look like the Sunday league team my 2nd son plays on for fun. Heat didn't even have a shot if I recall. The 2nd half was mostly the same, LAUFA keeping to possession while Heat became frustrated, and reverted to typical kickball. It got even worse after LAUFA scored their 2nd goal. It was almost too easy until one of the strikers purposely tripped on the right center back's foot. It looked like something out of the 2014 World Cup Netherlands vs. Mexico. It was a shame because I thought that kid had a fantastic game. So Heat scored their free kick (a superb banger by the way). After that, it got very crazy, very back and forth. It ended 2-1 LAUFA, it was very entertaining to watch a weak Vegas team dominated by a very high-class LAUFA team. Vegas' only shot was a free kick goal, while LAUFA has around 10 opportunities, but only scored 2 due to very poor strikers, except this one kid with electrifying pace. Overall, great win and very fun to watch.

First of all. Glad you saw it different but we did have one shot in the first half. Off frame but a shot and as I said we were dominated in the first half. I don't deny that. I also don't deny the lack of possession and better possession by LAUFA. It is fine but again we were grittier in the second half and it was a better second half it was not a trip on the defender but by the defender or does a ref just blow a whistle to blow it but I am sure socal eyes see things differently and that is fine. I am not here to argue.
Second, we have lost players to Seattle this year, RSL is Real Salt Lake not real socal and has looked and invited players up there to stay and train (3 from a competing club are moving there in August) . You can choose to believe it or not. That is on you.

Back