Man City Cup 2019

All 4 quarterfinal games ended 1-0, with I believe 3 of the games ending 0-0 and went to PKs. So the semi finals today are:

Atlanta United vs Seattle Sounders
and
LA Galaxy vs CF Monterrey

Other Showcase games are
FC Dallas vs FCGS
Sporting KC vs LAFC
Strikers vs New York City FC
De Anza Force vs SJ Earthquakes
Good luck today. Go SoCal!

tough one in PKs for LAG but their backline didn't have answers for Monterrey during regular time. would also argue that #29 should have gone in much earlier.

anyone know why JH wasn't coaching? Also, what happened to LAG's guest players?

tough one in PKs for LAG but their backline didn't have answers for Monterrey during regular time. would also argue that #29 should have gone in much earlier.

anyone know why JH wasn't coaching? Also, what happened to LAG's guest players?
LAG was outplayed in last 20 min. or so. Their D seemed overmatched against a team that seemed to want it more. Monterrey was flying all over the place. And they are not huge kids. Just fast and determined, not in any particular order.

U13 Tfa 3 xolos 0. Tfa came saw and conquered! Beat some really good teams along the way! Great to see non mls team dominate! Golden state 05 also had a good showing for non mls da loosing to Dallas FC 1-0 and Monterey in penalties! Good job for both La county non mls da!

They finally got to play at their level. Unfortunately, this is only possible without their sophisticated coach JH, lol. coaches are to help players, but sometimes or actually many times in DA, coaches mess up players/teams.
Seems last few months Surf coach change has messed up 2005 DA teams chemistry......... NOT as STRONG as when Benoit was running the show IMO;

Galaxy picked up 5 physically mature (bigger, faster, stronger) players about a month ago, also played in the LAFC game. They went scoreless in the first two games but was able to get pull this win out with a pk in their favor in the last minutes.
LAG 05 did not pick up new players, they actually lost 1 player a forward that went back to LAUFA , the 06 did pick up 4 strong players from Paramount FC.

They finally got to play at their level. Unfortunately, this is only possible without their sophisticated coach JH, lol. coaches are to help players, but sometimes or actually many times in DA, coaches mess up players/teams.
Emilio I completely agree with you, I watched most of the LAG games and the team looked a lot better without their Coach, substitute coach did a really good Job. LAG has a really talented group of kids hopefully they keep most of the group together it will be very interesting to see them working with a different coach.

LAG 05 did not pick up new players, they actually lost 1 player a forward that went back to LAUFA , the 06 did pick up 4 strong players from Paramount FC.

I was referring to the 2006 group. They picked up 3 from PFC and two from other clubs. Thanks

LAG was outplayed in last 20 min. or so. Their D seemed overmatched against a team that seemed to want it more. Monterrey was flying all over the place. And they are not huge kids. Just fast and determined, not in any particular order.
LAG starting Center back was suspended for the semi-finals, he got a second yellow card at the end of the game against Sporting KC fouling a forward on a break away(1 v 1 against the Golie) that could of cost the game for LAG . I believe they were using a forward as a center back against Monterey.

LAG starting Center back was suspended for the semi-finals, he got a second yellow card at the end of the game against Sporting KC fouling a forward on a break away(1 v 1 against the Golie) that could of cost the game for LAG . I believe they were using a forward as a center back against Monterey.
had heard that LAG had a couple of guest players, just for the tournament. that not accurate?

"Doc, it hurts when I do this."
"Well then, don't do that."

Emilio I completely agree with you, I watched most of the LAG games and the team looked a lot better without their Coach, substitute coach did a really good Job. LAG has a really talented group of kids hopefully they keep most of the group together it will be very interesting to see them working with a different coach.
That will be a hard task man.
1. I don't think LAG staff will keep the same roster (they always get new players every season to justify their repetitive mistakes, regardless the new coach every seaosn)
2. I don't think all the players will stay. Some of them already started to knock other club doors
I would have to agree with you. LAG has the most aggressive roster at this time. I personally believe that LAG has better quality players than LAFC for example. It is just a horrible coaching/management = development

Great job Michelle Romero!!
what an awesome performance of your club team "OC Surf". Poor clubs create poor teams.
3-0
6-0
6-1
4-0
3-0
3-1
I am sorry. but yes, I am mad. It's not about OC Surf team, they aren't guilty to have the level they have. It's the people picking them to this high-level competition
TFA would have done a better performance.
upload_2019-5-29_14-4-52.png

Best team performances:
07's LAFC - they clearly showed they are the most talented and deepest team. They have assembled a super team! and congrats to the boys for winning the tournament.
07's TFA - they keep reloading, after losing several players to LAFC and LA Galaxy they showed they are still a team to be reckon with. It did help to see that coach Willie has taken over this team and has immediately brought his winning ways to the team.

06's TFA - they are in a class by themselves, they dominated some of the best teams . Made Surfs team look small ( if you haven't seen them I was amazed with the size of this team and can see why they are the team to beat in the south division) Totally controlled and beat up Xolos to take the title.
06's LA Galaxy - could tell that they added some size and athleticism to team. They performed well and had momentum heading into Semi finals vs xolos but fell apart once they gave up a goal. but overall they did well and are getting better.

05's LA Galaxy came away looking like they have regained some of that steam they where generating early on in the season . they beat a real good Sporting KC and lost to Monterrey in a classic game they came up the big winners

Best team performances:
07's LAFC - they clearly showed they are the most talented and deepest team. They have assembled a super team! and congrats to the boys for winning the tournament.
07's TFA - they keep reloading, after losing several players to LAFC and LA Galaxy they showed they are still a team to be reckon with. It did help to see that coach Willie has taken over this team and has immediately brought his winning ways to the team.

06's TFA - they are in a class by themselves, they dominated some of the best teams . Made Surfs team look small ( if you haven't seen them I was amazed with the size of this team and can see why they are the team to beat in the south division) Totally controlled and beat up Xolos to take the title.
06's LA Galaxy - could tell that they added some size and athleticism to team. They performed well and had momentum heading into Semi finals vs xolos but fell apart once they gave up a goal. but overall they did well and are getting better.

05's LA Galaxy came away looking like they have regained some of that steam they where generating early on in the season . they beat a real good Sporting KC and lost to Monterrey in a classic game they came up the big winners

Clearly a TFA parent and homer! Enjoy your '06 kid while he is still playing and don't worry about them apparently being "in a class by themselves."

Best team performances:

Did WD actually take over the 07 team? I heard otherwise. 06 TFA looked great and completely agree with 07 LAFC team. 06 Galaxy looked a lot better than they have recently.

Back