Looking to guest Man City - PM us

CopaMundial

SILVER ELITE
Our DD is looking to guest at Man City Cup. She's training and playing this year with boys in both 06 and 08 teams. So far, it's been a great experience and she's developing very well. She came from a tier one girls SCDSL team that finished top of the bracket, so she can play. She's versatile. Can play center mid (current position), defense, and is a great winger. Uses both left and right feet and lots of speed. She's aggressive on the ball. Ping us!

Our DD is looking to guest at Man City Cup. She's training and playing this year with boys in both 06 and 08 teams. So far, it's been a great experience and she's developing very well. She came from a tier one girls SCDSL team that finished top of the bracket, so she can play. She's versatile. Can play center mid (current position), defense, and is a great winger. Uses both left and right feet and lots of speed. She's aggressive on the ball. Ping us!
Are you looking for a team for your daughter? Or are you just looking for a free ride, I mean, a fun tournament experience? Blues and Slammers are ALWAYS looking for guest players, so hit any of their teams; it sounds like your DD is "the next best thing", which is right up their alley!

Are you looking for a team for your daughter? Or are you just looking for a free ride, I mean, a fun tournament experience? Blues and Slammers are ALWAYS looking for guest players, so hit any of their teams; it sounds like your DD is "the next best thing", which is right up their alley!

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? Just asking if people need help with guesting this weekend. And trying something a little different in terms of development. And she is going to help out a team for the tourney that needs some extra numbers. I'm sure she will have a great time and get some extra touches while meeting new soccer friends. Nothing more, nothing less. And btw, we played for Blues a couple years ago and not one time did either of my daughters teams have guest players from outside the club. So not sure where your bitter attitude is coming from, but you might want to let it go. Not healthy bro.

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? Just asking if people need help with guesting this weekend. And trying something a little different in terms of development. And she is going to help out a team for the tourney that needs some extra numbers. I'm sure she will have a great time and get some extra touches while meeting new soccer friends. Nothing more, nothing less. And btw, we played for Blues a couple years ago and not one time did either of my daughters teams have guest players from outside the club. So not sure where your bitter attitude is coming from, but you might want to let it go. Not healthy bro.
Definitely their comments were over the top. Your post does not imply anything they suggested.

So you never answer the question. Are you looking for a team? If not, what tournaments is your daughter's team participating in? And does her team need "guest" players who are looking to get more touches on the ball, at your daughter's expense? Just saying bro!

I love checking in on you folks in So Cal, you make me laugh with how bitter you get over 10 & 11 year old girls. Maybe all the "A" type personalities is why your teams are so good. I just wish some of you could articulate a point without getting so petty.
It sounds to me like SoccerSway is trying to say that its unfair to bring in a stud player just for one tournament at the expense of the players already on a team or part of the clubs "b" team that could get called up if they needed extra bodies.
It sounds like Copa is just letting people know that his DD is available to play this weekend if a team has a need (injury, sickness etc). I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
Why can't it be said without everyone getting so bitter... Bro's :D:D:D
Good luck to everyone playing Man City this weekend.!!

So you never answer the question. Are you looking for a team? If not, what tournaments is your daughter's team participating in? And does her team need "guest" players who are looking to get more touches on the ball, at your daughter's expense? Just saying bro!

Here's your answers and I believe Toucan hit the nail on the head. Not sure your problem with my DD as a guest player, but our situation is nothing like the Empire girl who guested for Blues.

As I said in my initial post, my DD is playing on a boys team at a small club this year, so no. We are not looking for a team. We chose our path this season. We decided on development first, building speed of play and technical skill, as well as getting touches on the ball, whether training, scrimmages (we plan on doing a lot) or games. Tournaments this early in the season are not good indicators of a team, in my opinion. But if a coach is bringing in guests that are ringers and playing them over the kids they just made offers to and signed, then that's something to take up with that coach and club.

Second, my DD's team isn't playing this tourney, but it's very close and we are tied home this weekend because our older has a DA game, so we figured we would see if anyone needed help. And someone did.

Last, yes, our current team has needed a few guests this spring and we brought one player up and had a few from other clubs. Our coach managed time appropriately and I didn't hear any complaints. Personally, I believe these tourneys should be more about development than a trophy or medal. Especially this early in the season. But this is So Cal club soccer.....

And there's your answers.

Here's your answers and I believe Toucan hit the nail on the head. Not sure your problem with my DD as a guest player, but our situation is nothing like the Empire girl who guested for Blues.

As I said in my initial post, my DD is playing on a boys team at a small club this year, so no. We are not looking for a team. We chose our path this season. We decided on development first, building speed of play and technical skill, as well as getting touches on the ball, whether training, scrimmages (we plan on doing a lot) or games. Tournaments this early in the season are not good indicators of a team, in my opinion. But if a coach is bringing in guests that are ringers and playing them over the kids they just made offers to and signed, then that's something to take up with that coach and club.

Second, my DD's team isn't playing this tourney, but it's very close and we are tied home this weekend because our older has a DA game, so we figured we would see if anyone needed help. And someone did.

Last, yes, our current team has needed a few guests this spring and we brought one player up and had a few from other clubs. Our coach managed time appropriately and I didn't hear any complaints. Personally, I believe these tourneys should be more about development than a trophy or medal. Especially this early in the season. But this is So Cal club soccer.....

Your cream on the coffee stifled the bitterness. Good response.

Sorry man, I believe I owe you an apology. It's got nothing to do with your daughter, and her guesting. It's more a personal view of the whole "guesting" situation. My other kid was on the opposite side, where the coach brought in a couple of "guest" players, and our players (the paying customers), sat on the bench and watched the guests play on. Again, nothing to do with you or your DD.
I guess it's a good gig if you can find it. Best of luck to you.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like one of the players from SoccerSway's daughter's team guested with the Blues last week. If I am reading this right, his daughter plays for the Empire G2008 team, which is a very competitive team with a high ranking. The difficulty with such teams is that losing just one impact player not only hurts the team competitively, but it might also prod other players consider their options as well. In some cases a really strong team can disintegrate before you know it. I'm sure that SoccerSway does not begrudge any player guesting with another team, but it is natural to wonder why the player would want to guest elsewhere when her own team is highly skilled and plays a lot of games. Is she really just guesting, or is she being romanced by another club?

If I were SoccerSway, I would ask myself:

1. Have the player's parents signed their contract for the new club year? If not, does it seem like the family is holding out?

2. The Blues are a long drive away from Empire. Would this family really consider making a switch to a club that far away?

3. Are other players on the team looking around?

Well said Toucan, I wish I had an answer to any of those questions. As far as the team goes, it's the result of coaching and developing as a team, and it's puzzling to see those players look for greener pastures; but the appeal of the Best Big Clubs is hard to resist. Only time will tell.

My other kid was on the opposite side, where the coach brought in a couple of "guest" players, and our players (the paying customers), sat on the bench and watched the guests play on. .

That would be so infuriating. Were these guests trying out for the team or just recruited to win?

Back