Lindsey Horan - "American soccer fans, most of them aren’t smart"

pmgrant72

BRONZE
Did others read Horan's interview on the Atlantic site? I agree with Horan. I watched the send off game in San Jose against Wales and the USWNT were crap. Spending $200/seat was pretty stupid of me to pay to support that team given their performance. Pretty stupid of me to wake up in the middle of the night to see them lose to Sweden in the WC. Not sure what Horan was trying to say with that interview but as a long term fan of the USWNT doesn't make me happy.

Did others read Horan's interview on the Atlantic site? I agree with Horan. I watched the send off game in San Jose against Wales and the USWNT were crap. Spending $200/seat was pretty stupid of me to pay to support that team given their performance. Pretty stupid of me to wake up in the middle of the night to see them lose to Sweden in the WC. Not sure what Horan was trying to say with that interview but as a long term fan of the USWNT doesn't make me happy.
I completely agree with her. USWNT has the biggest bunch of bandwagon fans ever. For the longest time they were the only Team USA winners in soccer so you have those people. Then you have those that are all about women's sports and LBGTQ. They both show up when the women's team plays but tons of them never watch soccer except for then. They simply aren't bright and follow the team not having interest in soccer but rather the bandwagon.

Read the Horan interview in full. Her comment was taken totally out of context. In the interview she basically said "US fans like my mom are not smart because she thought I played a good game but I played like crap".

she did not show any leadership in her comments and still butt-hurt that they did so poorly last summer and looking to lash out to take the focus off the players and how they played. With her on field temper tantrums, aggressive play and these comments she should not be the team captain.

Last edited:
she did not show any leadership in her comments and still butt-hurt that they did so poorly last summer and looking to lash out to take the focus off the players and how they played. With her on field temper tantrums, aggressive play and these comments she should not be the team captain.
There's something to be said for running your mouth to take heat off your teammates. That's something a leader would do, but I think you're right... that's not her M.O. here.

Back