LAUFA/RCDEspanyol - Partnership

But you're asking for players to try out for the CSL teams at the moment.
That might be a mistake from my end.
I am inviting eligible players to join our academy teams, which at this moment only club players are eligible.

I am inviting eligible players to join our academy teams, which at this moment only club players are eligible.

I look at this as a wonderful situation for the current and future LAUFA players no matter what....the positives will outweigh the negatives. Congratulations on the partnership and wishing the group much success.

You have made several mistakes and misrepresented the facts so why don't you just come clean and admit it? You're not foolin anybody with the pay to play schemes.

First off why don't tell everyone how many academy players "donated" funds to laufa in the past year? How many tax deduction letters went out? Oh wait I already know the answer to that but let's see what mistaken numbers you make up?

Enjoy the partnership but don't come here with the bs. Without the facts... your words are nothing because they are not based on the reality of what's gone down and the fact LAUFA has no olders program because families don't want to be on 0-11 last place teams giving up 71 goals and scoring just 3 training past 10pm and paying big bucks for that "privilege" @ https://coastsoccer.us/web/coastsoccer/standings?YEAR=2018&SEX=B&AGE=15&BRACKET=0P

And btw we have no affiliation with Boca, so another "mistake" on your part, keep up the good work you're batting close to zero so far.

I look at this as a wonderful situation for the current and future LAUFA players no matter what....the positives will outweigh the negatives. Congratulations on the partnership and wishing the group much success.
Thank you Pij

You have made several mistakes and misrepresented the facts so why don't you just come clean and admit it? You're not foolin anybody with the pay to play schemes.

First off why don't tell everyone how many academy players "donated" funds to laufa in the past year? How many tax deduction letters went out? Oh wait I already know the answer to that but let's see what mistaken numbers you make up?

Enjoy the partnership but don't come here with the bs. Without the facts... your words are nothing because they are not based on the reality of what's gone down and the fact LAUFA has no olders program because families don't want to be on 0-11 last place teams giving up 71 goals and scoring just 3 training past 10pm and paying big bucks for that "privilege" @ https://coastsoccer.us/web/coastsoccer/standings?YEAR=2018&SEX=B&AGE=15&BRACKET=0P

And btw we have no affiliation with Boca, so another "mistake" on your part, keep up the good work you're batting close to zero so far.
Good luck lafalafa. Your level isn't mine.
Contact me in case you want to come back. I will personally evaluate you.
Thanks for your info.

Enjoy the partnership but don't come here with the bs. Without the facts... your words are nothing because they are not based on the reality of what's gone down and the fact LAUFA has no olders program because families don't want to be on 0-11 last place teams giving up 71 goals and scoring just 3 training past 10pm and paying big bucks for that "privilege" @ https://coastsoccer.us/web/coastsoc... you're batting close to zero so far.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested to know how this partnership is working out? Any big changes that the RCDEspanyol coaches have brought to the teams? Style of play, training etc.?

I'm interested to know how this partnership is working out? Any big changes that the RCDEspanyol coaches have brought to the teams? Style of play, training etc.?

My son has a younger classmate that plays for the 04's and there where pretty disappointed they didn't get the u16/17 age group for next season so most are shopping around as a result. Not much changed according to them.

My son has a younger classmate that plays for the 04's and there where pretty disappointed they didn't get the u16/17 age group for next season so most are shopping around as a result. Not much changed according to them.
Not getting 16/17 for next year is a real bummer for these kids and families. Curious what the criteria is for expansion. Like why LAGSD but not LAUFA? Pushes some good players out of DA. Not easy to settle at another academy at this point, especially since the oldest players are 04s trying to break into teams that will be heavy 03s. Takes a bit of the shine off of the RCDE marriage with the pathway capped at U15.

The new director of coaching from Espanyol is amazing. When he comes to training, he can command the attention of 4 teams simultaneously. The kids play better and everyone is extra attentive. It's pretty amazing to see how well he sees the game and communicates simple changes that make the kids better.

But LAUFA is still LAUFA. The coaching is still uneven. The practices are still all over the city and you often don't know where you're training until the day of (when I go to work in the morning, I often don't know if I'm driving my kid to Glendale or Inglewood that evening...). And now, to pay for the license of the Espanyol name, they've started changing even for the DA.

We ended up leaving (along with at least 3 other kids from my son's team). The parents that have stayed are hoping things will change, but they've been saying it will change for a while now.

Not getting 16/17 for next year is a real bummer for these kids and families. Curious what the criteria is for expansion. Like why LAGSD but not LAUFA? Pushes some good players out of DA. Not easy to settle at another academy at this point, especially since the oldest players are 04s trying to break into teams that will be heavy 03s. Takes a bit of the shine off of the RCDE marriage with the pathway capped at U15.
Common people or parents here & there might think that get the older ages are very positive fact and therefore you have to feel selected or special to have those teams. which is partially right but there are more serious things for LAUFA behind all this. example, Since LAUFA is a fully funded organization, older ages are very expensive, they travel a lot . As all of know, LAUFA doesn't charge anything. Is quite easier for academies who charge for everything as Strikers, Pats, Real SoCal, etc... And also, LAUFA doesn't have hundreds of club teams, as many clubs that you know out there. So, before LAUFA gets those ages, LAUFA needs to make sure that they will be able to continue with the same financial support for those teams and players. We are working to solve that equation this year. So, hopefully.

The new director of coaching from Espanyol is amazing. When he comes to training, he can command the attention of 4 teams simultaneously. The kids play better and everyone is extra attentive. It's pretty amazing to see how well he sees the game and communicates simple changes that make the kids better.

But LAUFA is still LAUFA. The coaching is still uneven. The practices are still all over the city and you often don't know where you're training until the day of (when I go to work in the morning, I often don't know if I'm driving my kid to Glendale or Inglewood that evening...). And now, to pay for the license of the Espanyol name, they've started changing even for the DA.

We ended up leaving (along with at least 3 other kids from my son's team). The parents that have stayed are hoping things will change, but they've been saying it will change for a while now.
It is sad to hear that you leave the club. I guess some places aren't designed to satisfy everyone.
Espanyol transition is a complex process. many things that laufa is correcting + many things that American soccer does differently in comparison with the RCDE methodology. It will take a bit to see a done transition. every step is a challenge Yes, Diego Morata the Club Director from RCDE is amazing, very knowledgeable coach. few more months to see the result of this "partnership" and to see teams wearing for first time in USA the RCDE uniforms.

Is the RCD coach working directly with all the DA teams (u12-u15)? Or is it only select DA age groups? Do they work with the club level teams too?

Common people or parents here & there might think that get the older ages are very positive fact and therefore you have to feel selected or special to have those teams. which is partially right but there are more serious things for LAUFA behind all this. example, Since LAUFA is a fully funded organization, older ages are very expensive, they travel a lot . As all of know, LAUFA doesn't charge anything. Is quite easier for academies who charge for everything as Strikers, Pats, Real SoCal, etc... And also, LAUFA doesn't have hundreds of club teams, as many clubs that you know out there. So, before LAUFA gets those ages, LAUFA needs to make sure that they will be able to continue with the same financial support for those teams and players. We are working to solve that equation this year. So, hopefully.

LAUFA DA isn't free. Each player is asked to pay a $500 donation each year, pay for game and practice uniforms, if the teams wants to play in additional tournamnets ( Surf Cup, LA Galaxy Cup, Man City) players have to pay for that as well. Oh and travel isn't paid for either atleast 05-08 isn't paid for. I understand the travel distance isn't as far as the 04 team. I would say LAUFA is highly subsidized but it is not totally funded.

LAUFA DA isn't free. Each player is asked to pay a $500 donation each year, pay for game and practice uniforms, if the teams wants to play in additional tournamnets ( Surf Cup, LA Galaxy Cup, Man City) players have to pay for that as well. Oh and travel isn't paid for either atleast 05-08 isn't paid for. I understand the travel distance isn't as far as the 04 team. I would say LAUFA is highly subsidized but it is not totally funded.
I didn't know to pay for your uniforms, tournaments, travel expenses
Is the RCD coach working directly with all the DA teams (u12-u15)? Or is it only select DA age groups? Do they work with the club level teams too?
Yes, Diego Morata works with all DA teams. Still hasn't worked with the club teams

Still sounds like a good deal!!

Forget Espanol partnership, how about hire a full time atlehtic trainer so your DA games are not forfeited like this one today? This is second time in two years this happened when we played Laufa...

Forget Espanol partnership, how about hire a full time atlehtic trainer so your DA games are not forfeited like this one today? This is second time in two years this happened when we played Laufa...
Why do they keep forfeiting? What age group? I ask because I noticed that LAUFC OC has been killing it in National Cup, until today, in the 05 age group. However, I'm not sure why any kids would want to play in National Cup if they are in the DA and I'm not sure that is even allowed? Just curious......

Honestly don't know what are you talking about. Today we played Real SoCal and it was a amazing match. Please be specific on your posts. Thanks

Reactions: Wez
Back