LAUFA/RCDEspanyol - Partnership

Maybe I missed that memo. You know, the one where the European coaches are begging to get their hands on all those professional-level kids playing in the U.S.?

Pardon my skepticism, but this sounds like bait-and-switch to me. I'm betting that this so-called partnership to send talent to Spain is nothing more than a marketing gimmick to get kids to play at LAUFA. I simply cannot believe that Deportivo needs LAUFA's kids. The only thing I ever hear from European coaches is that our 18-year-olds are not as technically skilled as 14-year-olds in their own country.
Respect your pov. It's obvious that this movement is difficult to understand to many of you. I am not trying to sell any idea to anybody, i am just announcing this avenue laufa created for LA soccer players. It might not be for you. Time will tell if this is a marketing movement as you mentioned, or something solid. In the meantime, enjoy your time. Cheers

Reactions: Wez
Respect your pov. It's obvious that this movement is difficult to understand to many of you. I am not trying to sell any idea to anybody, i am just announcing this avenue laufa created for LA soccer players. It might not be for you. Time will tell if this is a marketing movement as you mentioned, or something solid. In the meantime, enjoy your time. Cheers

If LAUFA will not be charging extra for players to go out there then I'm buying in and LOVE the idea. But if parents are going to have to dish out thousands and thousands more just to play some games out there, then..........I'll be on the wait and see side.

LAUFA does more to help combat the pay-to-play system then any other club I know of. The entire club was founded to help inner city kids play club soccer, the notion that this is some "bait-n-switch" is beyond ludicrous.

LAUFA does more to help combat the pay-to-play system then any other club I know of. The entire club was founded to help inner city kids play club soccer, the notion that this is some "bait-n-switch" is beyond ludicrous.

Half of there teams are pay to play, all those ones in CSL for example. The academy teams are not free either, they started to collect fees from the academy players last year and those parents have to pay for travel also.

They could no longer afford subsidizing the AMT of players they had so reduced teams but now with the rdce $$ they can bulid up again.

Been looking for a partnership for sometime so glad they found one. The benefits so far touted are:
RCDE academy coaches taking over the training curriculum for some teams.
RCDE providing funding to increase the number of teams and players
RCDE inviting some players and teams to play in Spain at some point.

Seems good so far what are the other benefits of the partnership?

1) mad thanks to ferbert for providing behind the scenes insight
2) call me cynical, but most of the time these things are hype. if this one isn't, awesome since I 100% agree that there needs to be some mechanism to counter the ability of the MLS clubs to invest in their academy teams but...
3) of the three benies listed by jpeter, would bet that inviting the academy team (s) - if they continue to perform - to Spain (who pays travel?) is most likely.

Half of there teams are pay to play, all those ones in CSL for example. The academy teams are not free either, they started to collect fees from the academy players last year and those parents have to pay for travel also.

The club dues on the non-DA teams are modest compared to most other clubs and there are no club dues for DA teams, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Of course they can't afford to fully subsidize travel costs, they're too busy looking for outside funding because they don't charge nearly enough to pay for all their expenses. Stop with the hate, it's unwarranted. Talk to the club founder for 2 minutes before you go off on a soccer forum.

The club dues on the non-DA teams are modest compared to most other clubs and there are no club dues for DA teams, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Of course they can't afford to fully subsidize travel costs, they're too busy looking for outside funding because they don't charge nearly enough to pay for all their expenses. Stop with the hate, it's unwarranted. Talk to the club founder for 2 minutes before you go off on a soccer forum.

Well no hate but you simply don't no the facts. They ask 2k+ per player for there pay to play teams like those in CSL.

The academy players where all asked to pay fees or donate $ starting this spring unless the family was fed level poverty. They never subsidized travel or tournments of any players not qualified for sponsorship by da income standards.

They do what they can for lower income families which is great but don't get carried away with what you don't know.

would bet that inviting the academy team (s) - if they continue to perform - to Spain (who pays travel?) is most likely.
According to the coaches, the U14 and U15 teams will get subsidized trips to Spain in the summers - youngers will have to decide if they want to go (and pay) on their own.

Sorry you really don't know what you are talking about.

Sure, 1st hand experience is worth much less than random internet banter.

Talk with RD next time you see him if really want to know..but yes scholarships are based on economic needs and not just giving out to entire teams. For those above certain income levels we suggest they donate or help out fundraising if not.

Why would anybody randomly talk about something unless that had real info?

Talk with RD next time you see him if really want to know

I have, at length.

but yes scholarships are based on economic needs and not just giving out to entire teams.

Wrong

For those above certain income levels we suggest they donate or help out fundraising if not. Why would anybody randomly talk about something unless that had real info?

When you are given free club development, helping the club out is basic common decency. Is it possible my experience with laufa was different than yours? Apparently

I have, at length.

Wrong

When you are given free club development, helping the club out is basic common decency. Is it possible my experience with laufa was different than yours? Apparently

Three years experience so i guess so.

Your experience is one I'm talking about mutiple years for mutiple teams including 3 in da and one before that.

Given nothing was,

Talk with RD next time you see him if really want to know..but yes scholarships are based on economic needs and not just giving out to entire teams. For those above certain income levels we suggest they donate or help out fundraising if not.

Why would anybody randomly talk about something unless that had real info?
Your profile name lafalafa is interesting.
I wish to know you to understand you better. I have to correct you on this part of the conversation.
My player parents pay $0 ¢0 no exceptions on social class. I am not sure what team you are or had been. But you are wrong. We have many things to improve within the club, yes. but your statement about the club fees is false.
Can you disclose how much you are currently paying or paid before? I have the feeling that you are not saying your story and maybe narrating somebody else story.

Three years experience so i guess so.

Your experience is one I'm talking about mutiple years for mutiple teams including 3 in da and one before that.

Well, I don't mean to discount your pov, my more limited experience was very positive, it's entirely possible the success of their fundraising activities each year changes their policies on what they ask from parents.

Well, I don't mean to discount your pov, my more limited experience was very positive, it's entirely possible the success of their fundraising activities each year changes their policies on what they ask from parents.

LAUFA does a tremendous job considering what resources they had available in the past.

Always scrambling to fundraiser, getting/keeping field permits, accounts current, players interested, affordable coaches that stick around has resulted in fewer teams & players each year so hopefully they can turn the corner & bulid back up with this new partnership.

Your profile name lafalafa is interesting.
I wish to know you to understand you better. I have to correct you on this part of the conversation.
My player parents pay $0 ¢0 no exceptions on social class. I am not sure what team you are or had been. But you are wrong. We have many things to improve within the club, yes. but your statement about the club fees is false.
Can you disclose how much you are currently paying or paid before? I have the feeling that you are not saying your story and maybe narrating somebody else story.

Sure bu12 red team, b13-b15 da teams. At least half the team every year paid for many things including club fees, refs, tournments, travel, uniforms, and even the coaches travel expenses. Unless a players family qualified as National level poverty there's no scholarships available in da for example.

We have at least 30 friends that played on there different teams including ones that get very little or no subside and had/have to cover all the expenses themselfs which results in big club like fees 2k+.

Ask RD for a budget breakdown / team spreadsheet for any of the CSL teams if you want to get a idea

Time will tell if this is a marketing movement as you mentioned, or something solid.
Well it could be both.
Make no mistakes, parents. I've seen this before, many times. How many Boca Jr's players are training in Argentina?
I love what Laufa did for my son. I won't mention names but over the years there have been many involved with Laufa that gave a lot for zero financial return, especially the directors.
Their 2003 team didn't get to continue as an academy, even though Ballistic United's team was accepted. They're in Pleasanton, CA. Lots of money there. The team is garbage but there's more money there to pay tribute to the USSDA.
Guys, wishes don't make fishes. Do not expect anything more than maybe better coaching oversight.
No one can expect to be sent to Spain for free. Spain exports their players.

Lafalafa You forgot to mention; the gas you spend when you travel to practices/games, soccer cleats and probably the restaurant bill after the games. Lol
Giving a full detailed breakdown if $3 or $5 is good to pay your ref fees, is not of my interest here. There are important things here on my main post
Uniforms: You buy your own uniform no matter where you play.
Travel expenses: varies depending the event. Sometimes you pay for your son, sometimes not. Ie. Laufa is paying for a hotel/resort for academy players at this coming showcase in dan diego. What other club do this? I really don't get your hate against a club who take care of you for 3 years. I get that you will miss the benefits of the partnership with espanyol, (unlucky for you) but...
What do you really want or get from soccer? Do you want a club to pay you to have your son in a team?
I hope boca is treating you better.

FYI: We are at the academy post category on this site, right? With that being cleared. Academy teams at laufa are founded. Id never talk about csl teams. That have their own story. Don't mix them up

FYI: We are at the academy post category on this site, right? With that being cleared. Academy teams at laufa are founded. Id never talk about csl teams. That have their own story. Don't mix them up
But you're asking for players to try out for the CSL teams at the moment.

Back