Latest merger affiliate partnership....

So when an FC Premier joins up with L.A. Galaxy OC, does that mean money is changing hands and guys like the tech director/lead coach at FC Premier are earning payouts from the Galaxy?

bribe-money-changing-hands.jpg

Yes at certain ages, divisions...

Can be a great time, $subside$ from CS for travel especially if get the dream location like hawaii this year. The Midwest not so much, but yes fun to go all the way at least once, even through the blowouts, after that team tends to wonder what's next?
Is NC still a qualifier for Regionals or is it to Nationals?

So when an FC Premier joins up with L.A. Galaxy OC, does that mean money is changing hands and guys like the tech director/lead coach at FC Premier are earning payouts from the Galaxy?
No one will know except those constructing the deal. It might be just branding. Maybe club feels they can recruit more with the new shirt. Maybe club will get resources from the Galaxy. We don’t know the club’s financial state. Seen investors/clubs come in and take over other clubs with stipulations - admin changes, coaching changes, system changes, doc changes and/or all decisions going through mother club/admin. Surf cleaned out WC admin and you see admins jumping around with their clubs because they don’t want to let go of their $$, oops, meant precious children.

Funny thing about this topic/board, rumors leak even before club admins even open emails that tell them they are going to have a discussion about these things.

Are they merging to be part of a big club or is rhe customer base shrinking.

To me it feels like the hype of club soccer is on a decline. We had a boom over the past 6 years and I believe you will see a drop in club soccer participation.
Thoughts???

I kinda feel the opposite, especially if DA is not continuing the U-12 &U-13. Seems like clubs will see a boost because they know they will have their best players an extra 2 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if you start to see the best players in U-12 start moving to clubs with DA status

So what's going on with http://dms11.com that plays in CSL? Will they be merging or affiliating with a larger organization?

Seems that the founder is getting out of youth soccer, selling all his gear & equipment so just him or is the club going in a new direction?

I sincerely ask - is State Cup an event worth planning any part of youth soccer around?
not when it involves Coachella, Prom and graduation, they keep scheduling older games during these same events and it's caused several forfeits over the last few years and now some are electing to not even play either Cup due to the difficulty of trying to field a full team. :mad:

Don’t forget spring break!!! Presidents falls on the 2 weekends that bookend spring break for many districts.

FC Premier seemed to have a pretty good thing going. What do they get for going with Galaxy OC?
Galaxy OC does't have DA or ECNL (which is why most clubs seem to attach themselves lately). Surely the draw of discounted Galaxy tickets and an herbalife logo on an overpriced adidas kid isn't enough to switch?
FC Premier had 58 teams in SCDSL last year. This looks like at least 10 more than in the prior year. They seem to have a good mix of teams across the various flights.

Here's the official letter announcing the Strikers MV/OC Surf arrangement.
https://www.soccertoday.com/surf-gr...U1tQG5AmhR-W6lygN3Le1aSVXL5wEa99opmqj5OIAAV4k

“Surf is an organization that’s taken care of everything and they’re delivering on what they say,” said Castle, Sr., OC Surf Mission Viejo’s president.

“Branding is super, super important, and the Surf brand name is highly respected and deserves to be — People in this area love name brands. That’s why so many people drive a Lexus over a Toyota,” said Castle.

https://www.soccertoday.com/surf-gr...U1tQG5AmhR-W6lygN3Le1aSVXL5wEa99opmqj5OIAAV4k

“Surf is an organization that’s taken care of everything and they’re delivering on what they say,” said Castle, Sr., OC Surf Mission Viejo’s president.

“Branding is super, super important, and the Surf brand name is highly respected and deserves to be — People in this area love name brands. That’s why so many people drive a Lexus over a Toyota,” said Castle.

And therein lies the problem. Brand this, brand that; fluff, style, bullshit...people are sold on that ahead of actual substance. Comparing a car choice to youth soccer? Wow, that quote typifies the approach of so many involved in the game; all style and marketing, very little substance.

This merger/affiliate absolute madness is why there will always be a place for smaller clubs. Of course, running a boutique/smaller club, I would say that. There are pros and cons to both which I’ve talked about and written about before but there will always be room for both big and small/niche IMO.

If you run a solid program and want to maintain coaching standards (among many other things that become uncontrollable at scale), I don’t see why you would want to merge or affiliate. I get the idea and some of the rationale behind it but by the sound of things, it more often than not turns out to be not anywhere near as good as promised and occasionally, turns into a disaster or farce.

Now, if you have an average/poor program and want to merge or affiliate to get a boost and try to revlitalise your club or program, I completely understand the merger or affiliate route. Ultimately, if the kids are better off then it’s hard to argue against it.

Don't a lot of these larger clubs offer more support for coaches and players? Can there be a point where a club gets too big to be small if that makes sense? Either be small or big, but maybe not in-between.

Also, with a projected economic downturn in 2020, I wonder what that means to expensive club soccer and the number of clubs that can be supported with the clientele. I would imagine that it would mean a reduction in the number of competitive (club) teams being reduced by some amount. Maybe 10% - 20% few players?

I supose that would manifest itself on the younger side, where players will stay in Rec. longer, and the older side where players would drop a year or two earlier.

Just thinking out loud....

Branding? It used to be more subtle, with promises or at least hints that the coaching and other super, super important things would improve under the new masters.

You can get a Lexus while attending Harvard with a Nike branded club jersey on. Follow the pathway for development.
(Sorry just jumbling together a variety of recent posts into a single stream)

Mijo, who can take this guy seriously when he makes such statements!?! Read between the lines, he is saying he loves the marketing and Caca of Surf which will line his pockets so he can buy a new Lexus and pretend it a Rolls Royce!!!

Back