Ladera Surf?? Becoming OC Surf?

Hey Everyone,
My son plays on Ladera Surf. Being a former Division 1 player, I've seen the best and worst of club soccer. In regards to Ladera Surf, I have seen nothing but exemplary coaching and a positive environment for the kids. Contrary to many posts, the organization is well run.
With that said, I will say that two of my sons games have been canceled this spring. Both games were cancelled by the opposing team, but I wonder if the "league issues" are playing a role in the cancellations.

Well, they lost their non-profit status last year:

https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/C...+SOCCER+ASSOCIATION+INC&SearchSubType=Keyword

https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/displa...=0&postDateTo=&searchChoice=revoked&state=All...

I hear they are trying to get a new Non Profit in place. That is public information too.

Does Cal South know this? They will then lose any chance to even register with CSL.

On another note another Surf board meeting Monday to see if the mother ship can talk Surf OC into helping a franchise out.

https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/C...+SOCCER+ASSOCIATION+INC&SearchSubType=Keyword

https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/displa...=0&postDateTo=&searchChoice=revoked&state=All...

I hear they are trying to get a new Non Profit in place. That is public information too.

Does Cal South know this? They will then lose any chance to even register with CSL.

On another note another Surf board meeting Monday to see if the mother ship can talk Surf OC into helping a franchise out.
Let us know if you hear anything after the board meeting :)

I'm hearing that some of Ladera teams was offered to move over to OC Surf on their own (not as part of the club). Is this true or just another rumor?

Have you heard anything after the board meeting?

Have you heard anything after the board meeting?

An email went out club wide to Ladera parents in an attempt to squash rumors, but I’m not sure it did the job. Supposedly, the club is moving over to OC Surf, but it doesn’t fully explain if that means Ladera becomes a chapter, or if all teams will be absorbed and they will officially become part of the OC Surf. Doesn’t state whether KT is staying on and keeping control, though I hear he’s not well liked there.

Personally, it just makes sense that OC Surf chapter Ladera to bide time and figure it out. Why hurt all those families and kids, just let them play. However, the concern is about next year. My guess, the 2019/2020 season will be a blood-letting for Ladera if teams don’t perform well, just like every other club in South OC this year - it’s cyclical.

This is my two cents for all in this thread.

SERIOUSLY, this has been the worst year of club changes I’ve seen since my kids started playing 6 years ago. So much band mouthing, dishonesty, and blood in the water. If people are considering leaving a team, how about taking an adult approach and be honest and upfront with the coach before leaving and slinging mud? How about instead of leaving a team and bad mouthing it, you take the high road and realize it’s not for your child? Instead of putting down players (kids, mind you), realize that not every team has chemistry, so while you have good players, maybe they don’t play well together? Some kids aren’t going to great soccer players, so instead of forcing them to move up flights, you be honest with yourself and realize that maybe flight 3 is as good as it gets? And more importantly, be there for your children, not for the party. It’s about your kids - listen to them and stop filling their heads with prima donna BS.

There are people in club who are there for the glory. Some clubs are there to make money - most people figure out who they are eventually. Not saying this is the case with Ladera, but it’s said about all clubs. You’ll find more resources exist to get proper information (refs, SCDSL, Cal South). than relying on rumors and gossip. Facts are facts. Make sure they add up.

An email went out club wide to Ladera parents in an attempt to squash rumors, but I’m not sure it did the job. Supposedly, the club is moving over to OC Surf, but it doesn’t fully explain if that means Ladera becomes a chapter, or if all teams will be absorbed and they will officially become part of the OC Surf. Doesn’t state whether KT is staying on and keeping control, though I hear he’s not well liked there.

Personally, it just makes sense that OC Surf chapter Ladera to bide time and figure it out. Why hurt all those families and kids, just let them play. However, the concern is about next year. My guess, the 2019/2020 season will be a blood-letting for Ladera if teams don’t perform well, just like every other club in South OC this year - it’s cyclical.

SERIOUSLY, this has been the worst year of club changes I’ve seen since my kids started playing 6 years ago. So much band mouthing, dishonesty, and blood in the water. If people are considering leaving a team, how about taking an adult approach and be honest and upfront with the coach before leaving and slinging mud? How about instead of leaving a team and bad mouthing it, you take the high road and realize it’s not for your child? Instead of putting down players (kids, mind you), realize that not every team has chemistry, so while you have good players, maybe they don’t play well together? Some kids aren’t going to great soccer players, so instead of forcing them to move up flights, you be honest with yourself and realize that maybe flight 3 is as good as it gets? And more importantly, be there for your children, not for the party. It’s about your kids - listen to them and stop filling their heads with prima donna BS.

There are people in club who are there for the glory. Some clubs are there to make money - most people figure out who they are eventually. Not saying this is the case with Ladera, but it’s said about all clubs. You’ll find more resources exist to get proper information (refs, SCDSL, Cal South). than relying on rumors and gossip. Facts are facts. Make sure they add up.
Thanks for the info. Spot on with your comments.

If its about the kids they will put the whole club under WC/Surf. Better coaching, more resources and better organization. Thats even with the dislike of OC Surf's way of poaching and promising confused path ideas to parents. If you fight and burn bridges with coaches, refs and others who all work in the same area you better make it evitable to have to work with them in the future. Obviously no one saw the WC/Surf thing coming and many of these folks are at the parent Surf and/or asked around. The WC/Surf saw many coaches and admins go and not going to allow another chapter work on their own under them. Going to protect the brand.

Back