LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

Basically the way the Earthquakes look at it, all of Northern California is their feeder system. The best kids end up there anyway.

Yes. That is exactly what happened. The San Jose Earthquakes youth club became Central Valley Soccer Club. That was their previous name. And all the affiliates dropped the name and logo.
Don't forget about San Jose Surf. Do you know if Earhquakes is fully funded for girls DA or if the top players get full rides?

Don't forget about San Jose Surf. Do you know if Earhquakes is fully funded for girls DA or if the top players get full rides?
Girls DA at San Jose Earthquakes is not funded. Only seniors that are committed to play in college get to play for free
Am curious how many teams this affected and how families affected felt? In OC I am guessing there would be close to 80ish teams affected.
I wouldn’t say families were “affected.” Unlike in SoCal, here in NorCal these affiliate clubs are not stand alone DA or ECNL clubs. Basically they promised a pathway to the Earthquakes. And parents felt like their kids were playing for the “minor leagues.”

Wouldn't it make sense for them to keep LAG South Bay? I mean, that's right down the street from their stadium and where their DA works. Maybe they drop the "South Bay" part to be more clear that is is THE LA Galaxy Club. But, I guess I don't know how all the other MLS teams handle their feeder systems to their DA. Do they have local clubs, or just recruit players from any ole club in the area?
Are the rumors of LA Galaxy South Bay being gobbled up by Sand and Surf true? That’s been the word floating around Toyota Center and Galaxy Center for a couple of weeks now.

Why does it matter what your jersey says? Would it make it better if they played with Real Madrid replicate jerseys like they do in the Latin leagues?

Aren't most of these clubs (DBA) doing business as something other than whats on the jesery says anyway?

Representing your home town or area with a jesery would seems more pridefully then wearing a "Walmart" shirt that everyone else has with a different patch.
It doesn't matter for us what the jersey says. If there was a home town club we would happy to wear it but in OC all the clubs are getting gobbled up. for families that had to purchase ridiculously overpriced kits this year if there are changes to the club name and new uniforms next year it will matter because of incurred costs.

I don't know the business side and tried to understand it when i was a manager but the club was centralized. Uniforms were ordered through south bay and total disaster but i believe in OC now.

and not every kid that plays soccer is seeking a pathway to DA but rather just trying to find a decent coach. that is incredibly hard to do.

Could you expand on what is being said?
A group of Parents for one of the Galaxy Pre Academy Girls teams training at Toyota Center were talking about it while we were there. They were saying that one of the coaches at Galaxy told them that with the Alliance deal not being renewed that the Club was in discussions with FRAM and Sand and Surf to take them over. It sounds like FRAM’s leadership was in such disarray that talks have primarily shifted to Sand and Surf.
I heard a similar story from a different group of parents from a FRAM team practicing at Toyota Center a few days ago.
I am not sure what to believe at this point but would like to know if anyone knows anything concrete at this point?

City of Manhattan Beach rents fields to Sand and Surf at a discount if a certain percentage (60? 70?) of their players reside in Manhattan Beach. I assume they would lose that if they merged with Galaxy SB. It would also set the stage for Galaxy families to take control of the club because every member family is entitled to vote for who sits on the Sand and Surf board of directors (they control club governance) and also vote on any bylaw changes.

DA is still under Earthquakes....
I'm only assuming it's a matter of time and why not open it up to more competition in the area. Not sure how those other teams close by are doing. What Earthquakes is doing is spot on. No messing around with that club. It's the real :)

City of Manhattan Beach rents fields to Sand and Surf at a discount if a certain percentage (60? 70?) of their players reside in Manhattan Beach. I assume they would lose that if they merged with Galaxy SB. It would also set the stage for Galaxy families to take control of the club because every member family is entitled to vote for who sits on the Sand and Surf board of directors (they control club governance) and also vote on any bylaw changes.
They could probably form a sand and surf South Bay “affiliate” that acts as a separate registration group. That way they get to keep their MB field discounts.

San Jose Surf DA?
San Jose Surf is not DA. At this point they don’t have the player pool to compete against top teams. The Surf name doesn’t resonate with people in NorCal. The Earthquakes name is what attracts people.
San Jose had DA status for U12 and U13 on the boys side, but even that has been removed. There was a clean up of boys DA in NorCal and only a handful remain DA on boys.

It won’t. S&S has a difficult time managing enough field space for its existing teams. To merge and add 30+ more teams is not going to happen.
I have no details or insight.

But whoever is running LAGSB would still be running it. Their fields. Their permits. Their players.
But now as a branch of S&S.
Or they could just form their own deal and call it whatever they want. They probably have their on 501c and own permits as it is today.
They just need to change uniforms.
And pay between $50 and $200 per player to whoever brings them in for an “affiliate” fee

But whoever is running LAGSB would still be running it. Their fields. Their permits. Their players.
Or they could just form their own deal and call it whatever they want. They probably have their on 501c and own permits as it is today.
And pay between $50 and $200 per player to whoever brings them in for an “affiliate” fee
I just hope that if this is true that the Sand and Surf/Galaxy or whatever they are called has the decency to tell the families before players are locked in for next season. It would be terrible to not say anything and then drop it on people with the old “Oh by the way”!

The alliance with LAG is still not determined. There is no advantage doing anything with S&S. If LAGSB decides to not renew I can see them wanting to rebrand themselves. As 3SL said, SBF would be cool.

Back