LA Galaxy Cup

Any idea why this game is not listed on the schedule? Would have been nice to go see.

It was listed when I checked the schedule yesterday. I think the game was this morning.

Looks like Galaxy U12 DA is playing Generation Adidas games this weekend....I wonder if it was the B team that played in the Galaxy Cup...

Some shocker in the 03 brackets, LA Galaxy and Golden State playing for 3rd and 5th place. While Surf is in the final, wow,

LAUFA are like the MLS team killers, across age groups the smallest club manages to take down another high flying well funded MLS team, how they manage this is a mystery.

The Galaxy in there own tournament didn't seem to do well across ages; U12&14 only managed 1 Win in 6 games, U15 did a bit better to play for 3rd consolidations but still you to wonder why these teams consistently seem to fade in the later part of the season and in tourneys where the competition is better?

Too much pressure or is DA's not preparing these teams for higher level comp or what? hard to understand why the best funded academy around with their pick of players can't seem to do better, U17's finished last in Group D in the Gen Addias cup also. Cut and Burn time with some new recruits coming? BK going to be pissed off I would bet.

LAUFA are like the MLS team killers, across age groups the smallest club manages to take down another high flying well funded MLS team, how they manage this is a mystery.

The Galaxy in there own tournament didn't seem to do well across ages; U12&14 only managed 1 Win in 6 games, U15 did a bit better to play for 3rd consolidations but still you to wonder why these teams consistently seem to fade in the later part of the season and in tourneys where the competition is better?

Too much pressure or is DA's not preparing these teams for higher level comp or what? hard to understand why the best funded academy around with their pick of players can't seem to do better, U17's finished last in Group D in the Gen Addias cup also. Cut and Burn time with some new recruits coming? BK going to be pissed off I would bet.

LAUFA 04 did it again, blowout a next good MLS team, Real Salt Lake 6-2 and finish 3rd place in fronted of some of the world top 04 clubs. Are You kidding me, lol, that the smallest club. Congratulation LAUFA.

SWANSEA CITY. TOP CLUB

MANCHESTER UNITED. TOP CLUB

FC PORTO. TOP CLUB

LA GALAXY. TOP CLUB

LAFC. TOP CLUB

SPORTING KANSAS CITY. TOP CLUB

REAL SALT LAKE CITY. TOP CLUB

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

SAN DIEGO SURF. BIG CLUB

PATEADORES. BIG CLUB

REAL SO CAL. BIG CLUB

SANTA ROSA UNITED. BIG CLUB

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

LAUFA. SMALL CLUB

LAUFA as any other club. We are all willing to teach, improve, develop the kids the best possible. All of them achieve their goals differently based on their limitations.
LAFC is a marketing team, very good making propaganda, advertisings etc. At the end of the day lafc is a mls team, I guess they can do that.
Lafc develop players?
Difficult question to be answered clearly. I don’t see coaches from said club improving players at their weaker/down side. They rather looking to steal best players from other teams, having somebody else do their training job. This fact, makes a temporary good “teams”, never real. In my opinion.
I hope more teams like laufa stop feeling under or not to good to compete and start playing at their best. That will bring stability and succees for all clubs and therefore our boys.
Good for laufa to being broke the “unbreakable wall”.
Let’s see how many players will be cut on lafc for this loss.

I watched the LAUFA vs LAFC game and 2 goals were penalty kicks and forgot about the others. LAUFA developing players is “pushing it” , they have the biggest revolving doors for players just like any other team. I’m not affiliated with any of the two clubs just a spectator of that game.

LAUFA as any other club. We are all willing to teach, improve, develop the kids the best possible. All of them achieve their goals differently based on their limitations.
LAFC is a marketing team, very good making propaganda, advertisings etc. At the end of the day lafc is a mls team, I guess they can do that.
Lafc develop players?
Difficult question to be answered clearly. I don’t see coaches from said club improving players at their weaker/down side. They rather looking to steal best players from other teams, having somebody else do their training job. This fact, makes a temporary good “teams”, never real. In my opinion.
I hope more teams like laufa stop feeling under or not to good to compete and start playing at their best. That will bring stability and succees for all clubs and therefore our boys.
Let me begin by saying I wasn’t there first hand to see this game but from what I heard LAUFA was awarded two penalty kicks and they won by 1 goal vs LAFC. I wouldn’t say LAUFA exactly best the pants off of LAFC. I’ll wait till it’s posted on YouTube before I start saying that LAUFA is better than LAFC. This was only one game. I’m sure LAFC will beat the pants off of LAUFA 3 out of 4 but once again I wasn’t there. Just saying

Looked like they inserted more than just a forward. Guest playets?[/QUOT

Lafc develop players?
LOL. You’re obviously a disgruntled parent who’s son was rejected from these clubs you so call are the best. However you forget to mention that LAUFA did bring loaner players and refused to use their complete DA squad in the tournament. Let’s take a look at how LAUFA does at the end of their season after all the drama within. Or perhaps you’d like to tell me how LAUFA was playing a kid named Fabio on their game vs Real Socal just a week before?? Fabio has been gone from the team and still appears to be playing on your roster? .... the boy using that jersey and name isn’t Fabio. Trust me I know them.

Let me begin by saying I wasn’t there first hand to see this game but from what I heard LAUFA was awarded two penalty kicks and they won by 1 goal vs LAFC. I wouldn’t say LAUFA exactly best the pants off of LAFC. I’ll wait till it’s posted on YouTube before I start saying that LAUFA is better than LAFC. This was only one game. I’m sure LAFC will beat the pants off of LAUFA 3 out of 4 but once again I wasn’t there. Just saying
I was there. And you are correct. That’s exactly what happened. LAUFA got spanked their first season game vs LAFC 6-1 and lost the second game too. This was the first time LAUFA beat LAFC and they pretend as if they are on top of the World. I’d love to see that roster as LAUFA is known for their creative way of sneaking kids into their line up.

I watched the LAUFA vs LAFC game and 2 goals were penalty kicks and forgot about the others. LAUFA developing players is “pushing it” , they have the biggest revolving doors for players just like any other team. I’m not affiliated with any of the two clubs just a spectator of that game.
Two penalties and a keeper mistake. Only one was an actual goal, playing the usual kickball.

Lafc develop players?
Lafc develop players?
Two penalties and a keeper mistake. Only one was an actual goal, playing the usual kickball.

Oh dang ferbert just opened a can of worms
Lol! It’s amazing seeing how people release their tension consolating themselves with poor justifications, instead of recognize that not all the games will go on their favor and give credit to opponent teams.
Enjoy it!!

Lol! It’s amazing seeing how people release their tension consolating themselves with poor justifications, instead of recognize that not all the games will go on their favor and give credit to opponent teams.
Enjoy it!!
Ok ferbert.. LAUFA is great!! They’re sooo good!! Yea!! LAUFA won!! They played so good!! Did you see that play? Look at that move!! Wow!! You go LAUFA!! Congrats. You beat a giant on the block one time. I think you better look at all the scores and all the games across all the age brackets within LAFC’s academy before you start posting LAUFA beats LAFC. I would expect this from Surf who comes close, but LAUFA. Cmon really? And I’m glad LAFC recruits players because that’s what real teams do.. the best teams have the best players which attarct the best players. You think if your son is a Neymar he wants to be on LAUFA or LAFC? I’m guessing LAFC. But congrats LAUFA!! You did it!! Good luck in your league games

Neither one. I’m guessing Manchester City. Lol
That’s the bottom line. Maybe a couple of players of national repute have ever been developed in So Cal. Donovan? Gyasi Zardes, (who isn’t very good)?
As for international quality, we have developed exactly zero (not counting GKs).
So we should maybe stop bragging about these local teams until any of them can show development to international standards. That should be what we are discussing.

Back