In case you miss this

I saw the original goal and the pushing elsewhere but somehow missed the follow up goal.

Funny that the defender didn’t get the message.

Great sportsmanship.................however, these two teams are #3 and #5 in the standing with one game to go. They both can't catch the top two teams who will earn an automatic promotion to the Premier League. But they already qualified for the promotion playoff (#3 thru #6). The outcome of the game is essentially meaningless.

I wonder if the promotion to the Premier League is truly at stake, would (or should?) the sportsmanship still prevail?

almost no question
Great sportsmanship.................however, these two teams are #3 and #5 in the standing with one game to go. They both can't catch the top two teams who will earn an automatic promotion to the Premier League. But they already qualified for the promotion playoff (#3 thru #6). The outcome of the game is essentially meaningless.

I wonder if the promotion to the Premier League is truly at stake, would (or should?) the sportsmanship still prevail?
Good point which I thought about at the time. Had the stakes been higher, this sporting gesture almost certainly wouldn't have happened. Still, good to see it anyway; fair play to Bielsa and Leeds.

Back