How's your girl's 09 season going?

hmmm. That's a bit surprising to me that your Rangers coach, who I thought was a very good coach based on the limited amount I saw him, would go next door to AC Brea. Is he coaching G'09 there? On the surface, it doesn't seem to be a step up. Anyway, good luck to him and to your Rangers team.

That would be for him to explain. I am sure he has his reasons.
Our girls were scheduled to have a coach change anyway (2 years) and we got really, really lucky in getting the coach we have now.

I think that CSL could have had a couple of additional teams in the flight 1 bracket. Aztecs, Ole, and Santa Bárbara have crushed the competition in the Governors level. It will be interesting to see if these teams make it to the final 4. Legends west White is also very strong.

Both slammers teams are ranked #1 and #2 in the country; Slammers PA won the two best summer tourneys in Surf and Blues; CDA won the other best summer tourney at West Coast; both have an undefeated league season ; jeez give credit when credit is due.

I agree anything can happen at state cup, the weather; sickness, the 9 years old wake up wrong; field conditions etc , but I would put probability of win as follows with all else being equal:
Slammers PA 40%
CDA slammers 40%
Eagles 15%
Field 5%

What 10 teams have a chance to win in your opinion?

The two best teams in America appear to be on collision course. Congrats to the Final 4....CDA Slammers; Eagles (defending champ), Slammers PA, and sister Blues team. High probability the finals will be CDA v Slammers PA. Weather will be an issue again this week.

I think that CSL could have had a couple of additional teams in the flight 1 bracket. Aztecs, Ole, and Santa Bárbara have crushed the competition in the Governors level. It will be interesting to see if these teams make it to the final 4. Legends west White is also very strong.
Not surprise that Legends West White did better than the Legends West FC and Legends West Black because they are both poorly coached by the same people. Sad part is that Legends West FC was a flight 1 team, coach spilled a lot of cool-aid to the parents and fell for it. Plus they paid too much for a coach that needs to improve her coaching methods vs being a elementary teacher at practice.

The two best teams in America appear to be on collision course. Congrats to the Final 4....CDA Slammers; Eagles (defending champ), Slammers PA, and sister Blues team. High probability the finals will be CDA v Slammers PA. Weather will be an issue again this week.
Slammers PA will take care of SD Force. But I bet you that CDA Slammers and Eagles game will be a close one (even though CDA has blown out Eagles in their last two meetings).

Not surprise that Legends West White did better than the Legends West FC and Legends West Black because they are both poorly coached by the same people. Sad part is that Legends West FC was a flight 1 team, coach spilled a lot of cool-aid to the parents and fell for it. Plus they paid too much for a coach that needs to improve her coaching methods vs being a elementary teacher at practice.

Your comments are very tough and probably more personal than analytical . Legends west white has several elite athletes that can use their athleticism and aggressiveness to win games. Coaching is playing a role but it's not the reason why some of these teams are winning.
At this age, all it takes is having 2 elite athletes and you will have a winning team.

So 2 SCDSL teams, 1 CSL team, and a SDDA team.
We had our chances in regulation totally dominated the middle to late parts of the game against SD Force but, couldn't put one in the back of the net. Their keeper made some good saves late. Their only goal came off an unfortunate play where the ball hit one of our girls in the back of the head and the ref gave them a free kick that led to their score. We've played Slammers PA twice now and they've outmatched us both times. Hard to see SD Force beating them.
With that being said I'm pulling for CSL. Go Eagles!!! Fly Eagles Fly lol!

Your comments are very tough and probably more personal than analytical . Legends west white has several elite athletes that can use their athleticism and aggressiveness to win games. Coaching is playing a role but it's not the reason why some of these teams are winning.
At this age, all it takes is having 2 elite athletes and you will have a winning team.

Elite athletes? 2009? SMH

So 2 SCDSL teams, 1 CSL team, and a SDDA team.
We had our chances in regulation totally dominated the middle to late parts of the game against SD Force but, couldn't put one in the back of the net. Their keeper made some good saves late. Their only goal came off an unfortunate play where the ball hit one of our girls in the back of the head and the ref gave them a free kick that led to their score. We've played Slammers PA twice now and they've outmatched us both times. Hard to see SD Force beating them.
With that being said I'm pulling for CSL. Go Eagles!!! Fly Eagles Fly lol!

Congratulations, you had a very good tournament and should be very proud of the girls!
How is the move to 9v9 looking?

Elite athletes? 2009? SMH

Right. I shouldn't have used elite athlete. Basically I am describing a player that might not have strong technical skills but is stronger, faster, more aggressive, and can shoot from far away.

These players take over on a 7v7 small size field. Legends white has 2 or 3 of these players. The other teammates are also good. Aztecs has one as well. Most of these final 4 teams in mayors, governors, presidents, will have one or two of these players.

Not personal but I'm going based of observation of practices and games. All 3 teams have elite athletes but coaching is whole different story. You can even look up videos on youtube and you'll see what I mean.

Congratulations, you had a very good tournament and should be very proud of the girls!
How is the move to 9v9 looking?
Thanks we are proud of them, they played hard and played through a lot. Lost in PKs, tough way to lose any match but the girls are tough. As far as the move to 9v9, I can't say that we've really started yet to be honest. We've played a tournament and a scrimmage so far at the 08 level. It will be interesting to see how the girls adjust to going 9v9 full-time. How are your girls dealing with the move?

Elite players if you prefer and I agree with that comment.
Put #7 from Slammers Cruz on any average flight 1 team and you instantly become a contender
I disagree. CDA Slammers was a top team last year w/o her. And I've seen a number of very good players playing on mediocre teams and they can only do so much. All of the contenders (i.e. quarter finalists in presidents) are there because they have strong teams.

Deadpool seems to have an ax to grind with the coach of legends west and it is very immature and cowardly to post criticism online. Seems as if maybe there daughter didn’t make the team and is looking to sling mud. It’s pretty pathetic.

I’m not a fan of 9v9, my extensive observation:

-seems to promote long ball;
-takes away the mids play at times;
-limits through balls;
-limits break aways;
-seen goalies punting ball to one another;
-promotes physical play in a small area;
-promotes shots on goal from a distant;
-removes dribbling as so many players in a small area;
-promotes quick passes in a small box;
-key skills is flawless collection and quick decision making and big kick;

-typically lower scoring games;

Parents get frustrated watching.

I’m not a fan of 9v9, my extensive observation:

-seems to promote long ball;
-takes away the mids play at times;
-limits through balls;
-limits break aways;
-seen goalies punting ball to one another;
-promotes physical play in a small area;
-promotes shots on goal from a distant;
-removes dribbling as so many players in a small area;
-promotes quick passes in a small box;
-key skills is flawless collection and quick decision making and big kick;

-typically lower scoring games;

Parents get frustrated watching.
Definitely going to be a change with 9v9...but we can't play 7v7 forever. Hard to believe a few years ago before the US Soccer small sided initiative that u-littles started out playing 11v11. I like the initiative with players starting at 7v7 then transitioning to 9v9 and finally 11v11.

The above points are valid...but hopefully girls have been on a team where they actually tried to work on possession and team play. Bad coaches that promote kickball will always have teams that play kickball regardless of whether they're playing 7v7 or 11v11. Teams that play good passing/combination play soccer will be more successful over the long run.

I disagree. CDA Slammers was a top team last year w/o her. And I've seen a number of very good players playing on mediocre teams and they can only do so much. All of the contenders (i.e. quarter finalists in presidents) are there because they have strong teams.

Well, they are the top 4 teams in the nation for a reason, aren't they? I never said Slammers Cruz are there just because of her, on the other hand they have a very talented team, but she puts them over the top. At this age and playing 7 v 7 a great player makes obviously much more difference than when playing 11v11

Bad coaches that promote kickball will always have teams that play kickball regardless of whether they're playing 7v7 or 11v11. Teams that play good passing/combination play soccer will be more successful over the long run.

Exactly, 7v7, 9v9 or 11v11 you'll still find plenty of kickball teams. I know everyone here likes to think their teams never play kickball so there's that....:D

Back