How's your girl's 09 season going?

Since this thread is dominated by Coast Silver division talk...are these teams going to play in Presidents or Governors division for state cup?

Since this thread is dominated by Coast Silver division talk...are these teams going to play in Presidents or Governors division for state cup?

Yes, that’s too bad there is no much participation from SCDSL parents, it would be interesting to know how the season is going...

Rangers G09 will be playing Presidents.

SCDSL really has nothing to discuss, as the two slammers teams are dominating competion. Seems like they will be on a collision course in state cup for the best team in america.....

SCDSL is kind of a mess at this age group. You have team in 3 flights and some flight 3 teams could be flight 2. The other problem is that not all scores get posted even if you click through the links.

Freedom FC at a flight 3 is more like a top flight 2 team. They've won all games and mostly by 5+ goals.

At the flight 2 level it's tough to find someone who is dominating.

Flight 1 it's slammers, San Clemente surf blue, and la Galaxy oc.

Wait, say what?? LOL. There is no San Clemente in flight 1 and LA Galaxy OC's flight 1 team no longer exists (curious as to where their players went to).

Slammers PA and CDA Slammers Cerritos are probably on top of the south and north SCDSL flight 1 divisions. But anything can happen at state cup when you throw Eagles, Liverpool, SC Blues, Legends and others into the mix. Both Albion teams look to have improved this year based on SDDA results.

SCDSL is kind of a mess at this age group. You have team in 3 flights and some flight 3 teams could be flight 2. The other problem is that not all scores get posted even if you click through the links.

Freedom FC at a flight 3 is more like a top flight 2 team. They've won all games and mostly by 5+ goals.

At the flight 2 level it's tough to find someone who is dominating.

Agree should add Legends FC West Flight 1 is more of low flight 2 or high flight 3 team.

Agree should add Legends FC West Flight 1 is more of low flight 2 or high flight 3 team.
I wouldn't say that. Probably more of a strong flight 2 team. They beat Rangers Pre-SYL and BYSC Corona (Coast Silver) and Rebels Elite twice (SDDA flight 1) in the summer. They are struggling in SCDSL flight 1 North...but that is not an easy division.

What are you talking about????
I think the Santa Barbara 3-0 win over MSA.

Fun season. Our team (LAPFC) fell short of what we wanted, but with a few exceptions we competed well. Great draw today against Aztecs, who are one of the top teams.

Bottom line, no one is touching the Eagles in CSL North. They are a special team. Skilled, tactically brilliant, and players that are fast as heck. The Silver teams played better against them this year. Less blowouts but I don’t think anyone came within less than 2 goals (our first one we lost 3-1 then they blew us out). They are just a step ahead.

The rest of us compete, with I would say Santa Barbara ands Aztecs emerging as the best of the rest from league play - with any of these teams being able to beat one another in any given game. Ole good too - but for some reason we actually match up well with then at times (season, scrimmages, etc) - with the exception of a lapse game the second time we played them.

MSA, Golden State, and LAPFC struggled and the results show it, but they all got head-turning wins this year. Just didn’t win the close games. Shout out to FC Golden State. That team had a roster of 7. Everyone thought they wouldn’t compete - largely because they didn’t realize that a decent part of that team played up as 2008 for CZ Elite last year. That club is doing good things - they just have always been a predominately boys club and they are trying to build up their girls.

I feel good going into League Cup, and I love watching our girls develop and build character.

I think the Santa Barbara 3-0 win over MSA.

Fun season. Our team (LAPFC) fell short of what we wanted, but with a few exceptions we competed well. Great draw today against Aztecs, who are one of the top teams.

Bottom line, no one is touching the Eagles in CSL North. They are a special team. Skilled, tactically brilliant, and players that are fast as heck. The Silver teams played better against them this year. Less blowouts but I don’t think anyone came within any less than 2 goals (our first one we lost 3-1 then they blew us out). They are just a step ahead.

The rest of us compete, with I would say Santa Barbara ands Aztecs emerging as the best of the rest from league play - with any of these teams being able to beat one another in any given game. Ole good too - but for some reason we actually match up well with then at times (season, scrimmages, etc) - with the exception of a lapse game the second time we played them.

MSA, Golden State, and LAPFC struggled and the results show it, but they all got head-turning wins this year. Just didn’t win the close games. Shout out to FC Golden State. That team had a roster of 7. Everyone thought they wouldn’t compete - largely because they didn’t realize that a decent part of that team played up as 2008 for CZ Elite last year. That club is doing good things - they just have always been a predominately boys club and they are trying to build up their girls.

I feel good going into League Cup, and I love watching our girls develop and build character.

Season (almost ) over on the south side too. With 1 make up game to go, which will not affect the standings, positions are set:https://coastsoccer.us/web/coastsoccer/standings?YEAR=2018&SEX=G&AGE=09&BRACKET=SS
Team USA are the winners of the bracket. Their style of play continues to prove to be very effective at this level and their consistency set them apart. Well deserved first place.

Our Rangers girls ended close second but came short twice vs Team USA, sealing their second place. Throughout the season they played some very good looking soccer and received several compliments from opposing coaches because of it, which is a testament of 18 months of hard work and commitment by the coach, players and parents. Now time to focus on League cup, State Cup (President) and then a new chapter will begin with the move to 9v9.

BYSC (third) was a strong contender but paid the price of a slow start. Team plays well and have some very good talent on. Apple Valley was the positive surprise, kudos to them for a very positive first season in club for most of their girls.

With 1 weekend to go, assuming the 2 Slammers dominated their flight 1 divisions, who ended up let’s say 2nd -4th in North and South?
Was it a Slammers hegemony? Blues Mulligan kept the pace?

With 1 weekend to go, assuming the 2 Slammers dominated their flight 1 divisions, who ended up let’s say 2nd -4th in North and South?
Was it a Slammers hegemony? Blues Mulligan kept the pace?
Heard slammers PA is undefeated with a 5/0 win over blues mulligan. Heard cda slammers is undefeated as well.

Not sure if you can say they dominated...both Slammers teams had nice fall runs but I'm sure there were some tight games mixed in there. State Cup is never a walk in the park...even for top teams. I think there's maybe 5-10 teams that can still trip up those top teams.

Not sure if you can say they dominated...both Slammers teams had nice fall runs but I'm sure there were some tight games mixed in there. State Cup is never a walk in the park...even for top teams. I think there's maybe 5-10 teams that can still trip up those top teams.

Both slammers teams are ranked #1 and #2 in the country; Slammers PA won the two best summer tourneys in Surf and Blues; CDA won the other best summer tourney at West Coast; both have an undefeated league season ; jeez give credit when credit is due.

I agree anything can happen at state cup, the weather; sickness, the 9 years old wake up wrong; field conditions etc , but I would put probability of win as follows with all else being equal:
Slammers PA 40%
CDA slammers 40%
Eagles 15%
Field 5%

What 10 teams have a chance to win in your opinion?

I didn't say win...I said trip up. Like how Legends beat Slammers PA in State Cup quarterfinals last year. Some La Mirada team beat Eagles in CSL final right before their state cup run. Beach LB Nunes tied CDA Slammers Cruz in league play. Liverpool and Blues can beat anybody. Probably can't sleep on either Albion team that placed 1st/2nd in SDDA. And a number of teams will keep it competitive...LAGSD, LAGSB, Slammers MF, OC Surf, Team USA, Real So Cal NR, etc., etc.

Or maybe the rest of us will get lucky and have a group like last year's 2008 state cup where they had Blues, Eagles and Slammers PA in one group with only two advancing...LOL.

Back