"HANDBALL"

@Just a Parent and @espola. You both made your point. Opinion was based on hearsay, was it reliable/accurate? Maybe or maybe not. The referee could have seen an IDK foul (such as, impeding opponent a second before the handling), went with advantage then called it back to a similar spot or just made a mistake.

@Just a Parent and @espola. You both made your point. Opinion was based on hearsay, was it reliable/accurate? Maybe or maybe not. The referee could have seen an IDK foul (such as, impeding opponent a second before the handling), went with advantage then called it back to a similar spot or just made a mistake.

My "hearsay" was watching the game and talking to players afterward, who had spoken to the referee when the call was made. The referee said out loud with transparent gestures that it was handling to the defenders who were complaining about the call. When the attackers asked why it was indirect, he just blew his whistle and waved for them to proceed. A short tap by one player (his only assist of the year) and then a long shot that caught the upper V perfectly. The attacking players thought it was funny, especially since the play resulted in the only goal of the game.

What "point" did JaP make? Do you suppose he was the referee in question? That would be even funnier.

My "hearsay" was watching the game and talking to players afterward, who had spoken to the referee when the call was made. The referee said out loud with transparent gestures that it was handling to the defenders who were complaining about the call. When the attackers asked why it was indirect, he just blew his whistle and waved for them to proceed. A short tap by one player (his only assist of the year) and then a long shot that caught the upper V perfectly. The attacking players thought it was funny, especially since the play resulted in the only goal of the game.

What "point" did JaP make? Do you suppose he was the referee in question? That would be even funnier.
Ah, the point. The point is that, with nothing more than speculative guesswork, you carry on about a supposed incident to illustrate a referee error as if it was fact when you could have simply asked the referee to enlighten you. I must give you credit though. You do have a knack of carrying ignorance with confident pride.

Ah, the point. The point is that, with nothing more than speculative guesswork, you carry on about a supposed incident to illustrate a referee error as if it was fact when you could have simply asked the referee to enlighten you. I must give you credit though. You do have a knack of carrying ignorance with confident pride.

Are you speculating that he was right, when all the witnesses say he was wrong?

Do you think he would have told me something different than what he told the players?

And players always tell their coach, teammates and parents the truth? I have heard more players than I can count tell someone something completely different than what was said on the field. I yellow carded a player this past weekend for telling me a PK call was bullshit. When that player subbed out and the coach asked, the player said he told me good call. The coach approached me after the game and I told him what was actually said. He said, "I kind if figured it was something worse than good call."

Moral: Don't believe everything the players tell you.

And players always tell their coach, teammates and parents the truth? I have heard more players than I can count tell someone something completely different than what was said on the field. I yellow carded a player this past weekend for telling me a PK call was bullshit. When that player subbed out and the coach asked, the player said he told me good call. The coach approached me after the game and I told him what was actually said. He said, "I kind if figured it was something worse than good call."

In this situation, why would they not just tell what everyone had seen?

Surfref, I see you're trying to reason with the poster known as espola. Good luck with that.

theory.jpg

This is about the most convoluted thought you have ever posted. Congratulations.

And please continue.
It is not a thought. The guesswork with which you are famed for turned out to be wrong again. As usual.

In the meantime, if everyone saw what happened, why did they need to be told?

Back