Goats FC History?

Your point is taken and respected.

My point is...although far from perfect, this is the current club system we have. I see it's general intended purpose as organizing home clubs into home teams with home teammates to develop and bond year round and compete against others at the fairest levels of competition.

This is what I feel most have signed up for and expect. Many invest a lot of time, money and travel into this system and expect to play against other home rostered teams in serious tournaments.(understanding the need for guest players as recruiting and/or missing player replacement).

For those who feel the need to stack teams against rostered teams... what's the point? If you have a problem with the current system...then don't join or start your own stacked team league.

I understand the kids won't remember this later in life... But this is our current life and this club system, although not perfect, is all we've got...I just don't appreciate some parents screwing with it.
Most teams we played in tournaments 5 years ago were "stacked." It was called guest playing or combo clubbing with teams to play in tournaments. The GOATs got a team together. Just because the Bitch had his rules with the 03/04 team doesn't mean those are the rules for everyone in the future. They can do what they want with their age group. Trust me PaPa, it will mean nothing later. I'm trying to listen to guys like Outside who know their stuff.

3 years ago at U11 the 2006 board was filled with these types. Nowadays, pretty quiet over there. Either they've learned and stopped posting their nonsense, or their daughter has moved on. Enjoy it while you can. You're focusing on entirely the wrong things.

LOL! I think we learned and evolved. I know I took the early tourneys somewhat too seriously. Now I sit in the corner and try not to say a word. It's a marathon not a sprint, and ultimately it's your DD who has to run it.

How about a roll call of colleges some of the original Goats may have landed? No names, just schools :)

As much as I'd like to see this.... @MARsSPEED and @MicPaPa might hold it against them for having succeeded after having committed a few sins as youths....o_O

I can't wait for them to rate my post "Dumb" or "Dislike":eek:

Obviously this discussion has devolved... it's become like rolling a booger between ones fingers...time to flick!

Agreed...even stacked a team and and couldn't get it done. Sad
Oh but they did succeed..they got your shorts all twisted up. So most here would agree that while they didn’t win some plastic trophy destined for the trash bin years from now after collecting dust on a closet shelf..they did succeed in getting some soccer parent so worked up he continues to come back to some online soccer forum and continue bitching.

Obviously this discussion has devolved... it's become like rolling a booger between ones fingers...time to flick!

And here’s the proof. You’re still here after we all thought you’d removed yourself from the conversation.
Me? I’m gonna go pop another bag of popcorn and sit back and watch the $#!t-show continue. But I’ll remind you again..we’re talking about little girls playing soccer. So carry on...
(Too bad we can’t get a popcorn emoji. Dom?)

Oh but they did succeed..they got your shorts all twisted up. So most here would agree that while they didn’t win some plastic trophy destined for the trash bin years from now after collecting dust on a closet shelf..they did succeed in getting some soccer parent so worked up he continues to come back to some online soccer forum and continue bitching.

And here’s the proof. You’re still here after we all thought you’d removed yourself from the conversation.
Me? I’m gonna go pop another bag of popcorn and sit back and watch the $#!t-show continue. But I’ll remind you again..we’re talking about little girls playing soccer. So carry on...
(Too bad we can’t get a popcorn emoji. Dom?)
Here's more proof:

Take a breath, and maybe a Midol there Mary...speaking of panties all twisted up. LOL!

I'm actually enjoying getting the cats to chase the laser pointer... I know the 10 year olds can appreciate the fun in this.

Enjoy your popcorn...and seriously consider the Midol, or at least meditative yoga.

(Too bad we can't get a Midol emoji. Dom?)

Back