Goats FC History?

Aren't there some Goats in college now? Ah, the good ole' days.

Time to end the debate about this years' GOATS...it's not really a GOATS team. The original intention was not followed based on previous posts.

With nothing to do I watched the GOATS video versus Slammers Cruz... I thought this was "a mix of players". I also thought there was "no coaching" what-so-ever but the parent coach gives clear direction.

That said, of the starters versus Slammers Cruz, looks like 6 of 9 starters were from #1 Slammers PA. Two others, a defender, and Center Mid are top players from LAGSB. I don't know anything about the goalie. Not sure about the bench players but one also looks like from LAGSB.

As for the coaching, it is clear in the beginning of the game the parent is giving directions, assigning positions. He can also be heard throughout the game. No coaching actually means no coaching.

In other words, this forum pretty much took the #1 team in the country, added the two best players from #45 in the country and good goalie and given direction by a parent coach throughout. FYI, the Slammers PA played LAGSB a couple weeks and only won 2-1... I'm guessing the Goalie is from FRAM.

I would personally like to congratulate you on putting together an even better team than anyone in the SoCal region. Also putting this team together with "no motive to win" is an amazing coincidence!!! It's just good to know there are no forum users here from Real Colorado.

Lastly, I would like to recommend a new team name for this group. Slammers FC PA Alternate!!!

Why are you so upset about 10 year old girls playing soccer? You are the poster child for toxic sports parent.

Time to end the debate about this years' GOATS...it's not really a GOATS team. ...It's just good to know there are no forum users here from Real Colorado.

Lastly, I would like to recommend a new team name for this group. Slammers FC PA Alternate!!!

Did all of this happen in the top bracket of the tournament? If it was, then you are taking this WAY too seriously. When a team plays in the top bracket of a tournament, they signed up to play the best. Next you are going to tell me the USWNT should have taken it easy on Thailand in the last WWC. If it was not the top bracket of the tournament, then it was a bad case of sand bagging by Goats FC and you are still taking it too seriously. Remember, this is little kids playing soccer. Even if this were U18, it is still not that big a deal. It won't ruin their lives because it is just soccer.

Years ago DD's team faced a team in group play of National Cup that they had faced many times and frankly was not usually a team with a strong chance of beating her team. On game day, the opposing team's roster had been beefed up with the inclusion of several ECNL players from the same club (this was before GDA). DD's team lost and did not move out of group play. The coach did not complain. He pointed out that they could have won, but they did not and that was entirely on them. It was a good lesson in life. All players will face challenges and disappointments. The teams that lost to this Goats FC team learned a valuable lesson and one I would argue is much more valuable than winning a trophy. They lost because the other team played better. End of story. I am sure the ice cream tasted the same afterword and the sunset was still pretty. Hopefully the losing teams parents didn't fill the player's head full of excuses and complaints on the drive home and afterwards.

It really has nothing to do with soccer. You are entitled to your opinion and that does not bother me.
I agree it doesn't. You're projecting your thoughts, feelings, and motivations on a group of parents you don't know. You created an entire thread (now deleted) b/c you apparently thought you would get backup. You've questioned people's integrity and character because...they got their 10 year old daughters together to play a "PREMIER" soccer tournament. For 10 year olds. Premier. 10 years old.

You are quick to insult and call people's characters into judgment because if YOU put a Goats team together it would be for the reasons you accuse others of.

Did all of this happen in the top bracket of the tournament? If it was, then you are taking this WAY too seriously. When a team plays in the top bracket of a tournament, they signed up to play the best. Next you are going to tell me the USWNT should have taken it easy on Thailand in the last WWC. If it was not the top bracket of the tournament, then it was a bad case of sand bagging by Goats FC and you are still taking it too seriously. Remember, this is little kids playing soccer. Even if this were U18, it is still not that big a deal. It won't ruin their lives because it is just soccer.

Years ago DD's team faced a team in group play of National Cup that they had faced many times and frankly was not usually a team with a strong chance of beating her team. On game day, the opposing team's roster had been beefed up with the inclusion of several ECNL players from the same club (this was before GDA). DD's team lost and did not move out of group play. The coach did not complain. He pointed out that they could have won, but they did not and that was entirely on them. It was a good lesson in life. All players will face challenges and disappointments. The teams that lost to this Goats FC team learned a valuable lesson and one I would argue is much more valuable than winning a trophy. They lost because the other team played better. End of story. I am sure the ice cream tasted the same afterword and the sunset was still pretty. Hopefully the losing teams parents didn't fill the player's head full of excuses and complaints on the drive home and afterwards.

Well I hope that coach is no longer in soccer. Sounds like DDs coach was making example but a poor one. It's not the girls fault they lost but instead, a team that "beefed" up it's team with players who did not help the team to Nationals. That is also a poor decision by the other coach who was just trying to win...

Very sorry your DD was robbed by a Club/Coach with poor ethics. Again, where we are would never do act in this manner.

I agree it doesn't. You're projecting your thoughts, feelings, and motivations on a group of parents you don't know. You created an entire thread (now deleted) b/c you apparently thought you would get backup. You've questioned people's integrity and character because...they got their 10 year old daughters together to play a "PREMIER" soccer tournament. For 10 year olds. Premier. 10 years old.

You are quick to insult and call people's characters into judgment because if YOU put a Goats team together it would be for the reasons you accuse others of.
Anybody can stack a team and beat rostered teams in a tournament...and I doubt it's the 10 year olds idea and egos that do it.

Blues won't have a "PREMIER" tournament much longer if they continue allowing these stacked teams in to clown around with committed rostered teams.

Well I hope that coach is no longer in soccer. Sounds like DDs coach was making example but a poor one. It's not the girls fault they lost but instead, a team that "beefed" up it's team with players who did not help the team to Nationals. That is also a poor decision by the other coach who was just trying to win...

Very sorry your DD was robbed by a Club/Coach with poor ethics. Again, where we are would never do act in this manner.
Yeah, she was pretty traumatized. Her team went on to win a National Championship the next year and she just scored her first goal as a D1 soccer player last night.

"of the starters versus Slammers Cruz, looks like 6 of 9 starters were from #1 Slammers PA. Two others, a defender, and Center Mid are top players from LAGSB."

Just got together, lol.

Whatever, if you guys/gals think that was the right thing to do, that's your opinion. I don't agree with it and it sad that I am in the minority.

Yeah, she was pretty traumatized. Her team went on to win a National Championship the next year and she just scored her first goal as a D1 soccer player last night.

SMH, never said anything about your DD being traumatized/damaged. Glad they persevered. The reason your daughter is successful at high level is because of the work ethic you instilled in your DD as well as your parenting decisions. Not a coach or a team.

Congrats on her first goal.

Congrats to your DD, good for her!

...and I'm sure you'd be singing ice cream and sunsets if her D1 spot had been taken by someone gaming the system.

SMH, never said anything about your DD being traumatized/damaged. Glad they persevered. The reason your daughter is successful at high level is because of the work ethic you instilled in your DD as well as your parenting decisions. Not a coach or a team.

Congrats on her first goal.
Thanks but she is wear she is because of her, I am just along for the ride.

Anybody can stack a team and beat rostered teams in a tournament...and I doubt it's the 10 year olds idea and egos that do it.

Blues won't have a "PREMIER" tournament much longer if they continue allowing these stacked teams in to clown around with committed rostered teams.
That shipped sailed brah when DA took over. Blues has one of the best clubs and tournaments money can't buy. Hard to stay in biz when competition is paying folks to come over so they can make the YNT. We need open division tournaments in SoCal where you just bring your squad and go play. Birth certificate only as registration. Just to get your club card to play a pick up game can get you threatened with fear of college coaches finding out. When I started seeing big time D1 coaches leaving the college game to go DA, I knew something was up. Everyone needs to stay in their lanes and not cause horrific, catastrophic and emotional traffic accidents that cause some kids to take their life. This is serious folks. Look at the road rage on this forum.

Congrats to your DD, good for her!

...and I'm sure you'd be singing ice cream and sunsets if her D1 spot had been taken by someone gaming the system.
Thanks. While not perfect, D1 soccer appears to be a meritocracy. If you can't play at the required standard, you don't play. My point was that my DD does not even remember the National Cup incident. The team did work harder following that and learned not to take any opponent for granted.

My other point is that when your players are in college, the only reason you will remember this incident is because of the forum. I promise you your player will not remember it at all. Best of luck to your player, but the only valid complaints parents can have a bout a kids soccer game is about safety.

3 years ago at U11 the 2006 board was filled with these types. Nowadays, pretty quiet over there. Either they've learned and stopped posting their nonsense, or their daughter has moved on. Enjoy it while you can. You're focusing on entirely the wrong things.

Thanks. While not perfect, D1 soccer appears to be a meritocracy. If you can't play at the required standard, you don't play. My point was that my DD does not even remember the National Cup incident. The team did work harder following that and learned not to take any opponent for granted.

My other point is that when your players are in college, the only reason you will remember this incident is because of the forum. I promise you your player will not remember it at all. Best of luck to your player, but the only valid complaints parents can have a bout a kids soccer game is about safety.
Sage

Your point is taken and respected.

My point is...although far from perfect, this is the current club system we have. I see it's general intended purpose as organizing home clubs into home teams with home teammates to develop and bond year round and compete against others at the fairest levels of competition.

This is what I feel most have signed up for and expect. Many invest a lot of time, money and travel into this system and expect to play against other home rostered teams in serious tournaments.(understanding the need for guest players as recruiting and/or missing player replacement).

For those who feel the need to stack teams against rostered teams... what's the point? If you have a problem with the current system...then don't join or start your own stacked team league.

I understand the kids won't remember this later in life... But this is our current life and this club system, although not perfect, is all we've got...I just don't appreciate some parents screwing with it.

> My point is...although far from perfect, this is the current club system we have. I see it's general intended purpose as organizing home clubs into home teams with home teammates to develop and bond year round and compete against others at the fairest levels of competition.

Agreed.

> This is what I feel most have signed up for and expect. Many invest a lot of time, money and travel into this system and expect to play against other home rostered teams in serious tournaments.(understanding the need for guest players as recruiting and/or missing player replacement).

The members of the "stacked team" also have home clubs, with parents that invest a lot of time, money and travel into the system. One weekend doesn't detract from this.

>For those who feel the need to stack teams against rostered teams... what's the point?

You've been informed as to what the point was. You disagree with the reasoning.

> If you have a problem with the current system...then don't join or start your own stacked team league.

The members of the "stacked team" also have home clubs, with parents that invest a lot of time, money and travel into the system. One weekend doesn't detract from this.

> I understand the kids won't remember this later in life... But this is our current life and this club system, although not perfect, is all we've got...I just don't appreciate some parents screwing with it.

I think I understand why you're frustrated, but IMO it doesn't matter at U11.

Back