Goats FC History?

I believe MicPaPa and others here are talking past each other.
The older Goat folks here are discussing their experience from years ago, which was based upon a structure that was clearly outlined by tech and sombich above, which is, it was a team made up for fun with a common factor that each player was a dd's of an active forum user. Selecting a team in this manner sounds like its about fun, as it doesnt matter the level of player and is just parents and players having a good time.
What i believe MicPapa is referring to is that this particular 2009 Goat team was not selected in this manner. Rather it is predominantly a selection of high level socal players, and has almost nothing to do with parents from this forum outside of a couple forum users. If thats correct, MicPaPa point is 100% valid, which is: if it was all about fun, why pick just top players to join? Did the invite for players go to the 6th team at Slammers? the third team at LAGSB? If it was just active forum users, i agree that does seem to be just about meeting new people and having fun because you have no idea if a forum user is a top player or not and it truly doesn't matter.

Pretty easy to clarify if this indeed is what happened.
Was there ever a roll call of active forum users that were on this 2009 Goat team? There should be about 13 active forum users as an estimate. If so, then MicPaPa point is invalid, as it was just by happenstance that they were all high level players.

Justus,
Just because other teams are adding guest player ringers doesnt make it ok and the right thimg to do.
My dd's have played on some of the best teams in SoCal, and they have never ever brought a guest as a ringer. We have had some of the best players call our club from out of state wanting to play with our team at Surf Cup, and our coach rejected it because she was not actually a team prospect. Kudo's for him doing that. Occasionally a player whom is trying out for the team joins (they have been lower level players), but thats it. I would 100% be against anything otherwise for my dd's team or anyone elses team, as that guest ringer player is just taking playing time away from actual team members. I am 100% ok with losing or winning with just our players, nothing wrong with that. I would much rather win with OUR players than someone elses. If i was from texas going to Surf Cup or a SoCal team going to Super Copa, most every parent and player i have ever known would also be 100% against bringing a ringer just to help the team win. The only parents I know whom are ok with that are the parents of high level players whos playing time will not be effected, AND these are the parent whom value winning above the team (yes, there are many of these parents out there).
Your experience on the prior Goats teams sounds like it really was fun, and my dd's would be all over it given the same construct as outlined by tech and sombich. But this Goat team, if it was just a collection of high level players, we would 100% be against if it truly was just a parent calling around to high level players to join. If it was 13 active forum members whom came together to play for fun, and whom dd's just happened to all be high level players, then what happened here with this particular Goat team is probably just fine. Otherwise, what happened here is completely inappropriate, and the Eagles and Slammers Cruz or MF teams were shorted an opportunity to play in the finals of a big tournament against a great team from Colorado. These teams work hard and train hard as a team for that opportunity, and it was taken from them in my opinion.
BTW, my dd's were not at Blues Cup, and are in no way affected by this Goats team. Just an unbiased opinion.

The older Goat folks here are discussing their experience from years ago, which was based upon a structure that was clearly outlined by tech and sombich above, which is, it was a team made up for fun with a common factor that each player was a dd's of an active forum user. Selecting a team in this manner sounds like its about fun, as it doesnt matter the level of player and is just parents and players having a good time.
What i believe MicPapa is referring to is that this particular 2009 Goat team was not selected in this manner. Rather it is predominantly a selection of high level socal players, and has almost nothing to do with parents from this forum outside of a couple forum users. If thats correct, MicPaPa point is 100% valid, which is: if it was all about fun, why pick just top players to join? Did the invite for players go to the 6th team at Slammers? the third team at LAGSB? If it was just active forum users, i agree that does seem to be just about meeting new people and having fun because you have no idea if a forum user is a top player or not and it truly doesn't matter.

Was there ever a roll call of active forum users that were on this 2009 Goat team? There should be about 13 active forum users as an estimate. If so, then MicPaPa point is invalid, as it was just by happenstance that they were all high level players.

Justus,
Just because other teams are adding guest player ringers doesnt make it ok and the right thimg to do.
My dd's have played on some of the best teams in SoCal, and they have never ever brought a guest as a ringer. We have had some of the best players call our club from out of state wanting to play with our team at Surf Cup, and our coach rejected it because she was not actually a team prospect. Kudo's for him doing that. Occasionally a player whom is trying out for the team joins (they have been lower level players), but thats it. I would 100% be against anything otherwise for my dd's team or anyone elses team, as that guest ringer player is just taking playing time away from actual team members. I am 100% ok with losing or winning with just our players, nothing wrong with that. I would much rather win with OUR players than someone elses. If i was from texas going to Surf Cup or a SoCal team going to Super Copa, most every parent and player i have ever known would also be 100% against bringing a ringer just to help the team win. The only parents I know whom are ok with that are the parents of high level players whos playing time will not be effected, AND these are the parent whom value winning above the team (yes, there are many of these parents out there).
Your experience on the prior Goats teams sounds like it really was fun, and my dd's would be all over it given the same construct as outlined by tech and sombich. But this Goat team, if it was just a collection of high level players, we would 100% be against if it truly was just a parent calling around to high level players to join. If it was 13 active forum members whom came together to play for fun, and whom dd's just happened to all be high level players, then what happened here with this particular Goat team is probably just fine. Otherwise, what happened here is completely inappropriate, and the Eagles and Slammers Cruz or MF teams were shorted an opportunity to play in the finals of a big tournament against a great team from Colorado. These teams work hard and train hard as a team for that opportunity, and it was taken from them in my opinion.
BTW, my dd's were not at Blues Cup, and are in no way affected by this Goats team. Just an unbiased opinion.
This...out.

Justus,
Standard, welcome to the SoCal Forum and I appreciate that you jumped into all things GOATS FC. Here's my take for all the u9/u10 parents. Stop ranking players "high level" "A Players" "B Players" and the like. ALL of them are just soccer players. Labor Day Weekend is a great time to have a little fun before the season starts. I wasn't at the selection process meeting to put this years u9 GOAT team together. All I can say is mad props for them getting an invite to Blues Cup. That's the story IMO and making it to da finals :) TGIF!

Justus,

"Depends...a club who wants to develop will bring either its top B team players or it’s top players a year younger. We are not allowed to guest play nor have we ever used a guest player from another club.

But I can’t speak for other clubs however I don’t think anyone else should either.

We all know what happens when we assume."

I posted the above last night in the Blues Thread. I am not a fan of guest players either. Nor is the Club where my DD plays. But not every club is the same. Some Clubs want to win no matter the cost, and those are also the clubs kids should stay away from. That is the one thing I do like about GOATS FC, if they could troll Clubs with that philosophy during the SUMMER, I am fine with it. Summer is the time to create these type of teams and have fun. Here is an example from the exact same age group, both ranked in the top 50 at the same age group. Both were created using different kids from different Clubs. NYRB had tryouts, and Mini Divas was put together by a parent coach.

6 NYRB RDS SUMMER SHOWCASE (NJ) [50] 26.78
7 MINI DIVAS (CT) [52] 26.77

Standard, welcome to the SoCal Forum and I appreciate that you jumped into all things GOATS FC. Here's my take for all the u9/u10 parents. Stop ranking players "high level" "A Players" "B Players" and the like. ALL of them are just soccer players. Labor Day Weekend is a great time to have a little fun before the season starts. I wasn't at the selection process meeting to put this years u9 GOAT team together. All I can say is mad props for them getting an invite to Blues Cup. That's the story IMO and making it to da finals :) TGIF!

LOL, reminded me of this!

LOL, reminded me of this!

wow, I missed this movie. It's way too nice though. Someone needs to make a real documentary movie about all this. I have all the stories and like I've said many times here, you wouldn't believe it if I told you.

"Depends...a club who wants to develop will bring either its top B team players or it’s top players a year younger. We are not allowed to guest play nor have we ever used a guest player from another club.

But I can’t speak for other clubs however I don’t think anyone else should either.

We all know what happens when we assume."

I posted the above last night in the Blues Thread. I am not a fan of guest players either. Nor is the Club where my DD plays. But not every club is the same. Some Clubs want to win no matter the cost, and those are also the clubs kids should stay away from. That is the one thing I do like about GOATS FC, if they could troll Clubs with that philosophy during the SUMMER, I am fine with it. Summer is the time to create these type of teams and have fun. Here is an example from the exact same age group, both ranked in the top 50 at the same age group. Both were created using different kids from different Clubs. NYRB had tryouts, and Mini Divas was put together by a parent coach.

6 NYRB RDS SUMMER SHOWCASE (NJ) [50] 26.78
7 MINI DIVAS (CT) [52] 26.77
To each his own. I personally don't like being told, "you can never...…..anything." One coach my dd had allowed his players to guest play anytime they wanted as long as they let him know and it didn't conflict to his teams practices or games. Each year the "A Team" should be adding and dropping players. The one's who get dropped aren't going to stay around for the B team if they are competitors. They will go to competition and prove dumb coach he or she was wrong. Blues TB cut Amy Rodriquez. She went to Eclipse and did pretty well. Be careful too from clubs that won't let you look around either. One year at a time or you could see yourself in the movie, "The Firm."

wow, I missed this movie. It's way too nice though. Someone needs to make a real documentary movie about all this. I have all the stories and like I've said many times here, you wouldn't believe it if I told you.
This is more to my reality except it has to do with soccer of all things :)

Do the goats limit themselves to a single tournament per year then?
Yes. They all lurk in the shadows waiting for just the right “big tournament” with an open slot in their age group to come along. Then @Sombitch or whoever is leading these Ulittles “pages” all the parents. Yes I said pagers. o_O
Then all the green gear comes out, the wigs, the war paint, etc. IT’S GAME TIME!!
Come Monday morning all that stuff gets put away and it’s back to 4-5 nights a week training for the little “studs”..grinding out on the pitch with their regular “super-duper organic” team.

...and none of our parents have a need to seek out a stacked team to screw with organic teams at a premier tournament.
Unfortunately due to the other Goats thread being deleted my post regarding the brackets for the G03s at Blues Cup is also gone. Long story short. One could easily look at the brackets for both flights and see how teams in both brackets should’ve been switched and how it almost appears Blues ECNL was nearly given a clear path to the Finals. We weren’t there but that’s my take on the brackets knowing people from many of those teams and playing with and against many of them as well.

We are talking about U9 soccer. Other than getting play time and quality competition, it is all meaningless. So some "organic" U9 team got beat at Blues Cup by a "nonorganic" (synthetic?) team. No one should care. The team that got beat got to face some quality competition. The Goats team got to play with some different players and improvise on the fly. They happened to win. Big deal. It will not matter to any of these players when (and if) they are in the college recruiting years other than the fact that the experience may have helped their development. The only thing that would impact the "integrity" of Blues Cup or any other tournament would be if some of the players were older than there age group. As if tournaments have any integrity to start with. The whole Goats team thing seems fun and it would be great if there were more of them (as long as they abide by the "no coaching" rule).

5 years from now 50-plus percent of girls who played in this tournament won't even be playing soccer, and these U-9 parents are complaining b/c they didn't get a chance to win a medal/trophy. Gimme a break :rolleyes:

You post a lot, do you have a job?

Justus,

Time to end the debate about this years' GOATS...it's not really a GOATS team. The original intention was not followed based on previous posts.

With nothing to do I watched the GOATS video versus Slammers Cruz... I thought this was "a mix of players". I also thought there was "no coaching" what-so-ever but the parent coach gives clear direction.

That said, of the starters versus Slammers Cruz, looks like 6 of 9 starters were from #1 Slammers PA. Two others, a defender, and Center Mid are top players from LAGSB. I don't know anything about the goalie. Not sure about the bench players but one also looks like from LAGSB.

As for the coaching, it is clear in the beginning of the game the parent is giving directions, assigning positions. He can also be heard throughout the game. No coaching actually means no coaching.

In other words, this forum pretty much took the #1 team in the country, added the two best players from #45 in the country and good goalie and given direction by a parent coach throughout. FYI, the Slammers PA played LAGSB a couple weeks and only won 2-1... I'm guessing the Goalie is from FRAM.

I would personally like to congratulate you on putting together an even better team than anyone in the SoCal region. Also putting this team together with "no motive to win" is an amazing coincidence!!! It's just good to know there are no forum users here from Real Colorado.

Lastly, I would like to recommend a new team name for this group. Slammers FC PA Alternate!!!

Time to end the debate about this years' GOATS...it's not really a GOATS team. The original intention was not followed based on previous posts.

With nothing to do I watched the GOATS video versus Slammers Cruz... I thought this was "a mix of players". I also thought there was "no coaching" what-so-ever but the parent coach gives clear direction.

That said, of the starters versus Slammers Cruz, looks like 6 of 9 starters were from #1 Slammers PA. Two others, a defender, and Center Mid are top players from LAGSB. I don't know anything about the goalie. Not sure about the bench players but one also looks like from LAGSB.

As for the coaching, it is clear in the beginning of the game the parent is giving directions, assigning positions. He can also be heard throughout the game. No coaching actually means no coaching.

In other words, this forum pretty much took the #1 team in the country, added the two best players from #45 in the country and good goalie and given direction by a parent coach throughout. FYI, the Slammers PA played LAGSB a couple weeks and only won 2-1... I'm guessing the Goalie is from FRAM.

I would personally like to congratulate you on putting together an even better team than anyone in the SoCal region. Also putting this team together with "no motive to win" is an amazing coincidence!!! It's just good to know there are no forum users here from Real Colorado.

Lastly, I would like to recommend a new team name for this group. Slammers FC PA Alternate!!!
So nice of you to allow this subject to occupy so much space in your head FREE OF CHARGE!

So nice of you to allow this subject to occupy so much space in your head FREE OF CHARGE!
Nothing to address the clear content of the post, which has been obvious from the start, rather you attack the messenger with some petty drivel...says much more about you than him.

Back