Goats FC History?

Serious question for Goats:

When your organic teams enter tournaments, especially out of town / state venues, you would be perfectly fine with being knocked out by non-organic stacked composite teams?

When your organic teams enter tournaments, especially out of town / state venues, you would be perfectly fine with being knocked out by non-organic stacked composite teams?
Great question PaPa. Speaking for myself, I hate going out of state for anything soccer these days to be honest with you. However, looking back 5 years ago I would ask you to please put the best Local GOAT team you could possibly put together. I would rather lose 4-2 in a fierce battle than go out of state for a trophy and win 8-0, have medal and then have to drive back 800 miles.

Great question PaPa. Speaking for myself, I hate going out of state for anything soccer these days to be honest with you. However, looking back 5 years ago I would ask you to please put the best Local GOAT team you could possibly put together. I would rather lose 4-2 in a fierce battle than go out of state for a trophy and win 8-0, have medal and then have to drive back 800 miles.
With all due respect, to present those two as the only possible outcomes... Is frankly a disingenuous and lazy response.

With all due respect, to present those two as the only possible outcomes... Is frankly a disingenuous and lazy response.
Please see all responses to PaPa at "U9 Blues Cup Thread." I don't have time to answer the same questions.

To my knowledge we haven't taken the Goats FC show on the road out of state. We typically have tried to select a tournament that is centrally located taking into account where the families will be coming in from all over SoCal.

Being knocked out is a non issue, regardless of whether it's a stacked team, organically or non-organic. It's happened before. Winning isn't the goal with Goats FC, if it happens then it's icing on an already delicious cake.

The premise has always been the same and the organizers of every version of Goats FC have been really good at setting guidelines and being selective about the parents they pick and letting them know what Goats FC and that weekend should be about. No pressure, have fun, meet new people, play whatever positions, tailgate, face painting, hair color, wigs, beads, costumes, whatever. There are 51 other weekends out of the year to have the typical club soccer tournament / game experience.

Grazing with the Goats is about the atypical!

My apologies. Actually, it's not that I'm looking for an answer I like...I already know how the vast majority would answer and therefore, should not have posted my original post as a question... rather as a statement.

Bottom line, this whole approach comes across as having very little to do with the kids and everything to do with parents living vicariously through their kids.

A way to game the system to get into top flights in top tournaments that they can't accomplish with their organic teams... otherwise, they'd organically be there.

Not to mention what it's teaching their ("my kids best on the team") player about their "lesser" organic teammates / team.

If it was really about fun, ice cream and new friends then lesser marginal players would be invited... they're not.

I understand the need to replace missing organic players
with guest players, but tournament directors allowing non-organic stacked composite teams dressed like clowns is a mockery to serious organic teams and degrades tournament credibility.

Many clubs sponsor "for fun" 3v3 and Beach tournaments with goofey team uniforms and clowning around...but, top tournaments with serious in and out of state organic teams is not the place for it.

Serious question for you @MicPaPa.
Did your team get “grazed on” by some Goats at Blues Cup? :eek: If not you really need some cheese to go along with your “whine.” We are talking about U9s right?? You’re bitching about a bunch of kids having some serious fun being more concerned with pizza and ice cream and not giving a rats ass about the outcome Sunday afternoon. Sounds like the parents feel the same way. A chance to relax and have some fun and lose the whole “we gotta get that hardware” for just one weekend. Even if it’s one of the “big tournaments.” Shame on them for making it about fun.
You say it’s all about the parents living through their kids. I told my G03 GK about Goats and she said “Hell yeah. Sign me up!!”
And if by chance these players aren’t playing “top tournaments” that weekend, why stop them from playing with another team? While I can’t speak on behalf of any actual Goats members I’m willing to venture a guess that all these “ringers” would probably be playing with their Elite Academy Premier Development teams first and foremost. Again..U9s. You’re really getting bent over these little girls playing soccer in a tournament nobody (least of all the girls) will remember in 10yrs. I guess YOU might still feel that burn though.
Real first world problems....

My apologies. Actually, it's not that I'm looking for an answer I like...I already know how the vast majority would answer and therefore, should not have posted my original post as a question... rather as a statement.

Bottom line, this whole approach comes across as having very little to do with the kids and everything to do with parents living vicariously through their kids.

A way to game the system to get into top flights in top tournaments that they can't accomplish with their organic teams... otherwise, they'd organically be there.

Not to mention what it's teaching their ("my kids best on the team") player about their "lesser" organic teammates / team.

If it was really about fun, ice cream and new friends then lesser marginal players would be invited... they're not.

I understand the need to replace missing organic players
with guest players, but tournament directors allowing non-organic stacked composite teams dressed like clowns is a mockery to serious organic teams and degrades tournament credibility.

Many clubs sponsor "for fun" 3v3 and Beach tournaments with goofey team uniforms and clowning around...but, top tournaments with serious in and out of state organic teams is not the place for it.
Just one week out of the year, please PaPa? GOAT teams always form in SoCal at the last minute too. Usually it's when all the top super, super socal all star teams are on break. Someone like the Bitch or Tech get calls or emails from junkies like me looking for more action. They send some emails out and boom, 14 players from all over SoCal Soccer Forum are on the hunt for the first open tournament to take us. Call the Blues and complain PaPa. Ask for a refund. Our Docs/Coaches keep things in order too. I heard nothing but praise from the Eagles Club.

I’m all for the goats playing a few tournaments but they shouldn’t be Ranked. It’s not a real team and as they said it’s just for the girls to have fun. They should be removed from YSR.

I’m all for the goats playing a few tournaments but they shouldn’t be Ranked. It’s not a real team and as they said it’s just for the girls to have fun. They should be removed from YSR.
You’re right, they shouldn’t be and that’s kind of the intended pun....to this day one of my DD’s fondest memories!

1st, let's just put it out there that rankings for this and other young age groups make no sense. 2nd, while I'm not a Goats 2009 parent, I would bet that none of the Goats parents or kids care, want or intend for this team to be ranked. 3rd, anyone who unfortunately cares about the ranking and knows anything would look at Goats being ranked and simply discard the ranking and move up the teams below them. Finally, there seems to be this POV that the Goats team players couldn't get into these tournaments (that are meaningless in the long run) with their "organic teams" so they are gathering together to bolster their chances of getting a medal and so that their parents can live vicariously through them. Some people holding this POV also refer to the Goats team as an "all-star team comprised of elite players from all of the top teams in SoCal." If this is indeed the case, such as they are all from Slammers PA and similar sides, then aren't these players capable of winning trophies with their organic teams and haven't they also probably won some in the past? Is there seems to be some logic to this argument somewhere that I'm missing?

The fact that they are ranked and it irks some people is what is classic to me...

Rankings are worthless. If you’re worried about who is in them and who isn’t, you’re concentrating on the wrong thing in youth soccer.

Serious question for you @MicPaPa.
Did your team get “grazed on” by some Goats at Blues Cup? :eek: If not you really need some cheese to go along with your “whine.” We are talking about U9s right?? You’re bitching about a bunch of kids having some serious fun being more concerned with pizza and ice cream and not giving a rats ass about the outcome Sunday afternoon. Sounds like the parents feel the same way. A chance to relax and have some fun and lose the whole “we gotta get that hardware” for just one weekend. Even if it’s one of the “big tournaments.” Shame on them for making it about fun.
You say it’s all about the parents living through their kids. I told my G03 GK about Goats and she said “Hell yeah. Sign me up!!”
And if by chance these players aren’t playing “top tournaments” that weekend, why stop them from playing with another team? While I can’t speak on behalf of any actual Goats members I’m willing to venture a guess that all these “ringers” would probably be playing with their Elite Academy Premier Development teams first and foremost. Again..U9s. You’re really getting bent over these little girls playing soccer in a tournament nobody (least of all the girls) will remember in 10yrs. I guess YOU might still feel that burn though.
Real first world problems....
Never seen Goats, let alone played one. Not U9, last tournament played was Surf Cup. There are plenty of events and venues for clowning around, Blues Cup is not one of them. Poor decision by Blues to allow this nonsense...their tournament lost credibility. My kids teams have formed great friendships, have a blast together, play hard for each other and most importantly...they win and lose as a team.

...and none of our parents have a need to seek out a stacked team to screw with organic teams at a premier tournament.

Back