Goalie wars

Anyone ever participated in goalie wars competition? They are having one tomorrow night at summer clasico tournament, Rancho Bernardo 4s ranch park from 6-9.

My gosh my keeper is so excited. its nice to have an event where its mano a mano and the individual can shine (or not) especially for the keepers.

https://plaay.launchtrack.events/register/goalie-wars-force-summer-clasico
The quality and fun of a Goalie Wars competition is often a function of the rules being applied. They can vary wildly. Also, they tend to be more about the GK who can shoot (including dinks and chips) the best than the GK who can save the best, since there are more GKs with shot stopping ability than GKs with striker abilities.

We did the one at Mt. SAC a few weeks back. It really comes down to having a goalkeeper that can place the ball in the top and bottom corners. Also make sure you have good conditioning as it is pretty taxing to make multiple saves in quick 3-5 minute games.

My kid LOVES goalie wars! Have done several. 1 v 1, 3 v 3, coed. Yes, be expected to have your GK tired. Also, you will wait around a lot between games. It is fun above and beyond everything else. And a great opportunity to meet other GKs. They are the lone one on the field, so often, but not at GK wars. Also, nice to meet other GK parents.

Super fun event. I think as far as my daughter is concerned if this was a sport this would be all she would do. Made a couple new good goalie friends and worked up a full sweat.

Back