G2010 Who comes out on top?

What are your thoughts on brackets, who comes out on top in each?

A1 San Diego SC G2010 Navy San Diego 0115-01CG10-6110 Kenneth Daum
A2 Slammers FC G2010 LB Irvine 0319-01CG10-1010 Leslie Bryant
A3 So Cal Blues - 2010 Rennie-Mulligan Rancho Santa Margarita 0352-01CG10-9178 Robert Rennie
B1 LAGSD G10 - Medina Carlsbad 0214-15CG10-9266 Gina Medina
B2 Eagles Soccer Club Youngers - G2010 Camarillo 0720-06CG10-0110 Tim Kelly
B3 LA Galaxy OC - G2010 PDA Irvine 0315-33CG10-9995 Benjamin Loughlin
B4 Slammers FC G2010 AA Yorba Linda 0319-01CG10-2010 Amy Androsko
C1 OC Surf G10 Academy Nogueira San Diego 0316-01CG10-1002 Victor Nogueira
C2 Legends FC G10 FC Riverside 0444-01CG10-9861 Cody Shelton
C3 LA Breakers G10 Los Angeles 0443-01CG10-9878 Jane Alukonis
C4 Albion SC G10 Academy - Madrigal Chula Vista 0109-10CG10-1154 Daniel Madrigal
D1 Ole Red Burbank 0499-12CG10-0024 Walter Merino
D2 CDA FC Slammers - Cerritos G10 Cruz Long Beach 0463-01CG10-7398 Joel Cruz
D3 So Cal Blues - 2010 Leslie San Clemente 0352-01CG10-9179 Lauren Leslie
D4 SD Surf Academy Girls Select 2010 San Diego 0216-01AG10-1078 Monica Dolinsky

The first and third place teams in SDDA, Real Madrid and Rebels, are playing in Governors. I guess time will tell if they are sandbagging or just being realistic about the quality of San Diego teams. I really hope Rebels are not sandbagging. They are one of the few teams in San Diego that play a good brand of soccer.

It could be a bit of bagging, or also being realistic. To be frank, the only G2010 San Diego team that has a chance of going deep in Presidents is SDSC. Rebels appears to have improved a lot this year and I've heard nothing but great things about their new coach who moved there from Surf. Still, they would fall to the top socal teams which from what I can tell is still Blues, Eagles, SDSC and CDA Slammers - Cruz. The same goes for Real Madrid. This will all change I'm sure as the kids grow, teams develop and players move around, but that's how I see things for now.

That said, yeah I think the top 3 or 4 SDDA finishing teams should probably be playing Presidents. Then again, at this age, who cares. Let the kids have fun and see how things go.

My predictions, assuming the top 2 in each group move on with no wild cards ...

A - Blues/SDSC
B - Eagles/LAG OC
C - I really have no idea here - I'll go with OC Surf and Legends but I'm just guessing
D - CDA Slammers/SD Surf

I agree with your assessment of the top 4. I was asking about SCDSL placement mostly because I was trying to get a grasp on the possible outcome of group C. But mostly that was to predict the round of 8. I think both the group C teams will lose their round of 8 games.

In the SCDSL G2010’s F2, i believe CDA SLAMMERS FC Bermudez from Cerritos came on top in 1st with CDA HB Zermeno behind him. ibhope those two teams move up to F1.

In the scdsl this season it was:
1st: slammers Cruz
T2nd: blues rennie
T2nd: legends Fc Shelton

State cup will be interesting I don’t get to watch a lot of the San Diego teams played but for sure the dark horses to watch out for that everyone is overlooking is slammers Cruz and the legends Fc team. Both are very fast and very physical and technical. Legends has improved since I last saw them in league and added a couple new girls and I believe just lost to slammers Cruz in the finals of a tournament 6-4 recently.

In the scdsl this season it was:
1st: slammers Cruz
T2nd: blues rennie
T2nd: legends Fc Shelton

State cup will be interesting I don’t get to watch a lot of the San Diego teams played but for sure the dark horses to watch out for that everyone is overlooking is slammers Cruz and the legends Fc team. Both are very fast and very physical and technical. Legends has improved since I last saw them in league and added a couple new girls and I believe just lost to slammers Cruz in the finals of a tournament 6-4 recently.
I'm pretty sure Blues Rennie didnt lose or tie any game in SCDSL. Agree Cruz and Legends are capable of creating noise as LA Galaxy OC.

I'm pretty sure Blues Rennie didnt lose or tie any game in SCDSL. Agree Cruz and Legends are capable of creating noise as LA Galaxy OC.
I know Cruz beat rennie blues from what I heard. LA Galaxy OC is a bit of a long shot as Cruz and legends and rennie blues beat them in all games in scdsl this season. I watch legends beat them 6-1 in one game and slammers Cruz I believe was 5-0 against LA Galaxy OC.
I think eagles and slammers AA will make it out of group B

What are your thoughts on brackets, who comes out on top in each?

A1 San Diego SC G2010 Navy San Diego 0115-01CG10-6110 Kenneth Daum
A2 Slammers FC G2010 LB Irvine 0319-01CG10-1010 Leslie Bryant
A3 So Cal Blues - 2010 Rennie-Mulligan Rancho Santa Margarita 0352-01CG10-9178 Robert Rennie
B1 LAGSD G10 - Medina Carlsbad 0214-15CG10-9266 Gina Medina
B2 Eagles Soccer Club Youngers - G2010 Camarillo 0720-06CG10-0110 Tim Kelly
B3 LA Galaxy OC - G2010 PDA Irvine 0315-33CG10-9995 Benjamin Loughlin
B4 Slammers FC G2010 AA Yorba Linda 0319-01CG10-2010 Amy Androsko
C1 OC Surf G10 Academy Nogueira San Diego 0316-01CG10-1002 Victor Nogueira
C2 Legends FC G10 FC Riverside 0444-01CG10-9861 Cody Shelton
C3 LA Breakers G10 Los Angeles 0443-01CG10-9878 Jane Alukonis
C4 Albion SC G10 Academy - Madrigal Chula Vista 0109-10CG10-1154 Daniel Madrigal
D1 Ole Red Burbank 0499-12CG10-0024 Walter Merino
D2 CDA FC Slammers - Cerritos G10 Cruz Long Beach 0463-01CG10-7398 Joel Cruz
D3 So Cal Blues - 2010 Leslie San Clemente 0352-01CG10-9179 Lauren Leslie
D4 SD Surf Academy Girls Select 2010 San Diego 0216-01AG10-1078 Monica Dolinsky

Bracket predictions
Group A: blues and San Diego soccer club navy
Group B: eagles and slammers AA
Group C: legends Fc and OC Surf Nogueira
Group D: slammers Cruz and SoCal blues Leslie

I know Cruz beat rennie blues from what I heard. LA Galaxy OC is a bit of a long shot as Cruz and legends and rennie blues beat them in all games in scdsl this season. I watch legends beat them 6-1 in one game and slammers Cruz I believe was 5-0 against LA Galaxy OC.
I think eagles and slammers AA will make it out of group B
Cruz did not beat rennie blues

What an exciting weekend. Fun to watch some good competitive soccer being played for the 2010 age group. Got to finally watch San Diego SC navy and I must say they are a very good team and have a very special player on that team. Shocked to see Blues Rennie lose 6-0 and not even compete though(heard his best 2-3 players are playing up on the 09 and 08 Blues team). Cruz was dominant as expected but LA Galaxy Oc pulled it off in their bracket as second place. Legends and OC surf breezed through their brackets and played a very tough competitive game against each other with legends squeaking the win out 3-2. Could’ve been more as it looked like legends was dominating the game while I watched. Should make for interesting semis. Game to watch I think is San Diego vs OC surf as San Diego now should be tested since again I don’t believe blues are a factor without their best players.

Shocked to see Blues Rennie lose 6-0 and not even compete though(heard his best 2-3 players are playing up on the 09 and 08 Blues team). Cruz was dominant as expected but LA Galaxy Oc pulled it off in their bracket as second place.

I don't know about that. #10 was out there, as was #7. I didn't notice any kids missing, but I could be mistaken. My personal opinion is, SDSC came out firing and the girls definitely played well, but I also think RR was fine with #2 in the group, preferring to face Slammers Cruz than Eagles on the path to the finals. In the Blues Cup final he was on the touch line much of the game coaching his players. In this game he sat the whole time and barely said a word all game. I could be wrong, but I don't think it had anything to do with missing players. I think you see a different performance from Blues in the Quarters.

So my picks for the teams advancing out of the group stage all came in, so let' see if I can keep it going ...

SDSC vs OC Surf - SDSC

I saw a bit of OC Surf in the Legends game and they're a solid team, but I just don't see them holding SDSC back. I think SDSC wins this one fairly easily.

Eagles vs SD Surf - Eagles

Surf has improved this season but Eagles are just on another level and will be too much for them. Eagles roll on.

Legends vs LA Galaxy OC - Legends

I don't know either team but it looks like Legends wins this one.

Slammers Cruz vs Blues - Blues

Like I said, I think you see a different performance from Blues next weekend, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Slammers win. This might be the closest game of the quarters. We shall see.

Good luck to all the kids out there next weekend and most importantly, have fun!

I don't know about that. #10 was out there, as was #7. I didn't notice any kids missing, but I could be mistaken. My personal opinion is, SDSC came out firing and the girls definitely played well, but I also think RR was fine with #2 in the group, preferring to face Slammers Cruz than Eagles on the path to the finals. In the Blues Cup final he was on the touch line much of the game coaching his players. In this game he sat the whole time and barely said a word all game. I could be wrong, but I don't think it had anything to do with missing players. I think you see a different performance from Blues in the Quarters.

So my picks for the teams advancing out of the group stage all came in, so let' see if I can keep it going ...

SDSC vs OC Surf - SDSC

I saw a bit of OC Surf in the Legends game and they're a solid team, but I just don't see them holding SDSC back. I think SDSC wins this one fairly easily.

Eagles vs SD Surf - Eagles

Surf has improved this season but Eagles are just on another level and will be too much for them. Eagles roll on.

Legends vs LA Galaxy OC - Legends

I don't know either team but it looks like Legends wins this one.

Slammers Cruz vs Blues - Blues

Like I said, I think you see a different performance from Blues next weekend, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Slammers win. This might be the closest game of the quarters. We shall see.

Good luck to all the kids out there next weekend and most importantly, have fun!

SDSC played a great game against the Blues (RR), they looked ready to play and they deserve everything for that win, congrats to them. Interesting that RR didnt even coach from the sidelines, hes been through this a lot so I am sure he has a plan. Does anyone know how the matchups fall for semifinals based on current schedule of 8 teams left?

Predictions for round of 8:
SDSC
Eagles
LA Galaxy OC (upset pick, maybe PK's)
Blues

Does anyone know how the matchups fall for semifinals based on current schedule of 8 teams left?

Nothing beyond the round of 8 is posted yet. Since it looks like So Cal is going to get another bout of rain starting on Thursday, it seems possible that even this weekend's games get cancelled and everything pushed out another week. Cal South is likely considering this before scheduling the semis and final. Mother nature is a fickle mistress.

Yeah input typo I'm sure. The actual score was probably 3 to 1.
Nothing beyond the round of 8 is posted yet. Since it looks like So Cal is going to get another bout of rain starting on Thursday, it seems possible that even this weekend's games get cancelled and everything pushed out another week. Cal South is likely considering this before scheduling the semis and final. Mother nature is a fickle mistress.
Wonder if there is the option to play on their turf fields? I believe there are two full size fields at the entrance that can be used, and could be lsplit up into 3 fields each. However with boys/girls teams its highly unlikely they will be available.

Back