Espola's newest neighborhood

In today's mail (after discarding the junkmail) --

A notice from Mercedes Benz that the airbags in my wife's car, while designed to protect us, may instead kill us. MB is offering to replace them for free (appointment needed).

A letter from a federal court in Florida (or perhaps some lawyers in New York) that we have been identified as members of a class eligible to get part of a settlement against a mortgage company for an error they made in 2014. If we do not exclude ourselves from the settlement, we will receive an estimated $3.63 as our share.

A survey form from Palomar Hospital requesting opinions about the treatment I received there recently. There doesn't appear to be any place to mark "I don't remember any of it." My daughter told me I was suavely flirting with the nurses but blew my image every time I vomited on the floor.

A letter from an annuity company that bought out the assets (and thus the obligations) of another annuity company from which my father had been receiving payments until his death over 18 months ago. They are awaiting final instructions for settling the residue in the account. I expect my share to be about $3.63.

I believe I predicted this some time ago --

The Raiders continue to investigate contingencies should they end up leaving Oakland prior to completion of the construction of their new stadium in Las Vegas, including at least a very preliminary overture to San Diego officials, league sources said.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ossible-temporary-home-as-they-wait-on-vegas/
Like I said they should just be the California Raiders/ or West Coast Raiders and play in a variety of places . . . all within the Southwest Airlines $69 fare area of course.

You presuming to be any judge of character is hilarious.

Hey Spineless Pussy.....

Let me explain something to you, I've watched you for many many years and two or three
character changes it appears....you are the typical schoolyard pussy/bully who hides behind
the initial antagonist and jumps in to take a lick when the coast is clear for a second, then back
into hiding you go....
You're a spineless/pussy to piggyback off of the remarks made by the other retard poster who
has five or six characters....You are the worst and the type that go down first....

You are a Cowardly Spineless/Pussy and YOU know you are...

You will NEVER say those remarks to my face...And YOU KNOW I am correct..

I will continue to post here and you will continue to take your well earned insults.

30 years ago --

I was vaguely familiar with the neighborhood since I used to live a few blocks away and Navy buddies lived closer. By 1978 I had moved to Poway and had a job in Kearney Mesa next to Montgomery Field. From the back parking lot we could see the smoke cloud rising. I remember one of the assembler ladies freaking out because she couldn't get her mother on the phone at her house in that neighborhood.

The neighborhood today --

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...53256d8c1f629!8m2!3d32.7436969!4d-117.1203115

You can see the newer houses along the south side of Dwight St between Boundary and Nile. Otherwise, the scars have disappeared.

Because of my recent illness, my wife did not want to leave me alone for three weeks while she was on a business trip to Manila (I joked with her that she was afraid I would have dissolved into a rotten lump by the time she got back and ruined the couch). So she conspired with my kids to "invite" me to visit them. We compromised - I am up here for 10 days or so. As usual (when I don't drive the trip), I took the Amtrak Coast Starlight, an all day trip if you include the 7AM Surfrider link from Oceanside to LA.

I have never seen Union Station so crowded, and it looked like a lot of the people there were foreign visitors on group tours - Chinese, Italian, Russian, and some other groups whose language I did not recognize. And I think they all got on the Amtrak with me.

On long runs like Coast Starlight, Amtrak assigns seat numbers. I had seat number 52 on Coach 12, and seat number 51 was the only other old man with a beard and long hair - total coincidence, right? I sat next to him for most of the 13+ hours to Sacramento, so we learned a lot about each other. He is visiting with friends and relatives on the mainland because he had to evacuate his tent on a platform in the middle of an organish farm in Hawaii after the lava flows got too close. He was about to go back home after he got pictures from a friend who stayed on the island that showed his tent and platform were not damaged, but then he got a call from his son who just got out of jail from his 90-day stay for missing his probation meeting. After he revealed that, we really opened up to each other.

I just found out that in an Alexa-enabled household saying "Alexa - I hate robots" kicks off an apparently endless lecture on the future of robotics in the hospitality industry.

46C4B77E-F3D5-45D3-84B9-FE62A5ABC1E0.jpeg
Because of my recent illness, my wife did not want to leave me alone for three weeks while she was on a business trip to Manila (I joked with her that she was afraid I would have dissolved into a rotten lump by the time she got back and ruined the couch). So she conspired with my kids to "invite" me to visit them. We compromised - I am up here for 10 days or so. As usual (when I don't drive the trip), I took the Amtrak Coast Starlight, an all day trip if you include the 7AM Surfrider link from Oceanside to LA.

I have never seen Union Station so crowded, and it looked like a lot of the people there were foreign visitors on group tours - Chinese, Italian, Russian, and some other groups whose language I did not recognize. And I think they all got on the Amtrak with me.

On long runs like Coast Starlight, Amtrak assigns seat numbers. I had seat number 52 on Coach 12, and seat number 51 was the only other old man with a beard and long hair - total coincidence, right? I sat next to him for most of the 13+ hours to Sacramento, so we learned a lot about each other. He is visiting with friends and relatives on the mainland because he had to evacuate his tent on a platform in the middle of an organish farm in Hawaii after the lava flows got too close. He was about to go back home after he got pictures from a friend who stayed on the island that showed his tent and platform were not damaged, but then he got a call from his son who just got out of jail from his 90-day stay for missing his probation meeting. After he revealed that, we really opened up to each other.
No Way, Dude! I was on the Coast Starlight that day in Seat 51, Coach 12. Small world, I’d say.

Cue the lesser no to formulate some "liberal train" conspiracy theory and then such to send dizzy on an anti-government subsidies rant, to which lil racist joe and militant brown shirt plumber will agree, LE will just whine.
Once again, you're busy erasing all doubt....

Whine?
Kavanaugh was confirmed
Pepperdine beat Santa Clara
Dodgers are on a roll
I've nothing to complain about ya wanker...
Run along now.

" but then he got a call from his son who just got out of jail from his 90-day stay for missing
his probation meeting. After he revealed that, we really opened up to each other. "

I can't tell you how ridiculously hilarious that statement is on soooo many levels
given YOUR past posting history on this Forum and the previous ones that
mysteriously disappeared due to convenient " Hacking " that flushed your
" periodically repulsive " comment trails....

And YOU know to what I speak !

800px-Seminole_County_Old_Folks_Home_marker2.jpg

Stumbled onto this youtube channel while searching for something else - ABOM79, produced by Adam Booth, a machinist in Pensacola, Fla, who has his own shop inherited from father and grandfather, and works at another with more machines. This is a good example of his videos once you skip by the first 11 minutes of Viewer Mail.

Back