Enough with the fighting Rebels SC

Do rebels rebel?
Do slammers slam?
Do strikers strike?
Does Surf surf?
Do Pateadores pat?
Do Blues blew?
Do Legends.... well that's a different story. They seem to have a bit of a rep for being a bit physical also.

Bring back the Purple Unicorns and Pink Ponies!!!

then we'll hear about the player who was stabbed with a unicorn's horn

I’ve been with the Rebels for the last 4 years and never ever had any type incident with parents getting out hand like this tho..
I’ll take a red card or yellow from a ref any day..
Vs this..
The good ole boys from surf and slammers and I see nooooo topics about this type of behavior..
How sad for the players.

Thanks Surfref. I went to the sight and thought it would be interesting to see which club had the most yellow cards and red cards per game. So I ran the numbers and decided a better way to look at it was which club had the highest number of yellow cards per game and a high total number of red cards. Here is a screenshot of the top 25. Note that Rebels is not in the top 25. Atlante with 0.416 yellow cards per game and 8 total red cards and San Diego Real Madrid Elite with 0.342 YC/game and 10 total red cards look to be the worst offenders to me. Both clubs have over 200 games each. Nomads being in the top spot was kind of a surprise, partly because I am surprised they are still around.

AF1QipPMZiPQYvTdsbcI8_cOufSkypWPC7H-ywyJGxuu

Edit, I can't seem to get the insert image thing to work. The forum software is not very good at this.
The situation with Rebels is Not the number of Red cards, but the coaches have as many as the players and there are a good number that have Yellows. I think a bigger indicator of crazy yelling coaches is the number of coaches that have received a Yellow card. I gave my first two Yellow cards to coaches last weekend. One because he kept yelling at me and the 14 year-old referee that was on his sideline. The other one was a little out of the ordinary. I had the parents yelling at me and the ARs almost from the kickoff. At 5 minutes into the game I loudly (so the parents could hear) asked the coach to please have his spectators be quite and just cheer. The coach said “No, you missed that pushing foul and that was not offsides.” I immediately showed the coach a Yellow card and said loudly but in a very calm and professional tone, “Please do not make me come back and give you a second Yellow. Thank you for managing your spectators, I really appreciate the help.” I had no further problems with that coach. Most coaches are smart enough or can control their emotions enough to avoid that second Yellow card. IMHO, a coach that gets kicked out for two Yellow cards is just an idiot and has no control of their emotions.

Do Legends become Legends....? I tried Mr Buck, but very physical teams let me tell you. Better bring it against any of their 500 teams.
I wouldn't blame one Rebel team or player for all of ECNL teams behavior either but this has to stop now or else!!!!!
Soccer is physical but not hockey fights between players. Having parents going WWE on the ground in front of their DDs and in front of the goal of all places is insane. For goodness sakes parents, get a hold of yourselves for the sake of the kiddos. Is all this taking place is San Diego too? OC Parents, whatever league or team you represent, please keep it real on the sidelines. I'm only working on not yelling at the refs this year. I'm trying hard and my wife see's major improvements :) I never tell my kid what to do or yell at other players to run faster. Just sitting in a chair watching and cheering on our team to WIN!!!!!
I worked with one of the San Diego Presidio/SDDA board members a few weeks ago. They told me that spectator problems have been drastically reduced due to the new zero tolerance policy and having team on different sides of the field and spectators on the same side as their team and no spectators in the half where the ARs are running. Maybe the other leagues need to adopt this policy.

I worked with one of the San Diego Presidio/SDDA board members a few weeks ago. They told me that spectator problems have been drastically reduced due to the new zero tolerance policy and having team on different sides of the field and spectators on the same side as their team and no spectators in the half where the ARs are running. Maybe the other leagues need to adopt this policy.
I think Refs are way under paid too. Raises are due big time. Best ref is when they give me one stern warning and I change quickly. Thanks for all your hard work :)

This is a great rule, hope they continue to enforce it.

Coast has a rule that spectators sit on the same side as their team, but the refs have stated that they can only enforce it if it becomes a problem. To me that is counterintuitive. I thought the rule was to prevent problems.

WOW

Is Rebels SC developing soccer players or houligans? Heard about another fight they got into in at an ECNL game this past weekend, cops had to come and clear the parents, girls taken to the ER. SOunds like the second or third incident this season with the same team. Heard there Discovery team is the same way. Wonder if the club is going to address it or fix the issue? I know at the older ages that girls and guys play hard but it sounds like if you challenge a girl you get the beat down by the whole team and the parents. Sure that looks good to college coaches

How many incidents does it take to get the boot from ECNL or SCDSL?

I bet they have more Red Cards than goals looking at there teams records

Cant we all just get along and play some soccer, no body wants to have to take their kid to the ER or watch dad get put in cuffs in the parking lot.

Just to clear the air here. Yes it was Rebels ECRL team. Mostly made up of second team and third team players, most of which came from other clubs to form this team. If you were actually at the game like I was you would have seen a girl from Blues blindside a Rebels player from behind with a punch to the head. Let’s not even start to talk about their goalie that came out of her net and started throwing random blows. After the dust settled a Blues parent was arrested for hitting the ref and apparently a player.... But yes, having a forum like this dominated by OC parents allows you to paint the picture that you’re all angels. Too much hearsay...Fact of the matter is, Rebels have many teams at all age levels and most of these issues come from the bottom. Show me a first team from this club that got multiple red cards recently? What you will see from their ECNL teams (first teams) is possession soccer taught the correct way. There are too many people on this site with not enough to do apparently.

That seating situation is such a no brainer, I've been saying it for a few years. I don't know why other leagues don't adopt it. The other benefit is that parents don't coach their kids when they're within earshot of the coach.

Just to clear the air here. Yes it was Rebels ECRL team. Mostly made up of second team and third team players, most of which came from other clubs to form this team. If you were actually at the game like I was you would have seen a girl from Blues blindside a Rebels player from behind with a punch to the head. Let’s not even start to talk about their goalie that came out of her net and started throwing random blows. After the dust settled a Blues parent was arrested for hitting the ref and apparently a player.... But yes, having a forum like this dominated by OC parents allows you to paint the picture that you’re all angels. Too much hearsay...Fact of the matter is, Rebels have many teams at all age levels and most of these issues come from the bottom. Show me a first team from this club that got multiple red cards recently? What you will see from their ECNL teams (first teams) is possession soccer taught the correct way. There are too many people on this site with not enough to do apparently.
Amen!

This is a great rule, hope they continue to enforce it.

Coast has a rule that spectators sit on the same side as their team, but the refs have stated that they can only enforce it if it becomes a problem. To me that is counterintuitive. I thought the rule was to prevent problems.

Most of our Coast games have been teams on one side and spectators on the other. I think it just depends on the field.

Most of our Coast games have been teams on one side and spectators on the other. I think it just depends on the field.
We played Downtown and despite them being the home team, at least 30 people for the other team, including the coaches family surrounded me. They had everything but the horns and rattles and screamed in support when one of our players went down hard and kept saying good job and take her out. I draw the line when someone is encouraging harming another player. So not to interrupt the game the ref was told at half and even after the game was stopped and the coach and players came over and yelled at the parents, many still refused to leave. No ramifications at all.

Why have a rule if it is not going to be enforced?

Last edited:
We played Downtown and despite them being the home team, at least 30 people for the other team, including the coaches family surrounded me. They had everything but the horns and rattles and screamed in support when one of our players went down hard and kept saying good job and take her out. I draw the line when someone is encouraging harming another player. So not to interrupt the game the ref was told at half and even after the game was stopped and the coach and players came over and yelled at the parents, many still refused to leave. No ramifications at all.

Why have a rule if it is not going to be enforced?
Maybe you should just stay home.. all you do is complain.. Jesus

Just to clear the air here. Yes it was Rebels ECRL team. Mostly made up of second team and third team players, most of which came from other clubs to form this team. If you were actually at the game like I was you would have seen a girl from Blues blindside a Rebels player from behind with a punch to the head. Let’s not even start to talk about their goalie that came out of her net and started throwing random blows. After the dust settled a Blues parent was arrested for hitting the ref and apparently a player.... ...Fact of the matter is, Rebels have many teams at all age levels and most of these issues come from the bottom. What you will see from their ECNL teams (first teams) is possession soccer taught the correct way. .
Fine then shame on both teams. Unless the violence was in self defense, which it does not appear to be the case, it is still inexcusable.

And to say that most of these players came from other clubs and all the problems start at the “bottom” is so demeaning to lower level players.

My kids play soccer for fun and when someone comes on this forum and thinks violence is justified because the other team did it too is pathetic. The fact that you are posting on this site making excuses for breaking a girl’s nose is so wrong. If I were the DOC of the Rebels, I would make all of you remove your posts and attend classses to learn a little empathy.

Back