ECNL Phoenix Coaches list?

@shales1002 's kid would start on any of the SoCal GDA teams in her age group and hopefully will be playing for my alma mater someday soon. You are barking up the wrong tree on this one bro..... I would stay in the appropriate weight class when picking fights.

I don't really know what you mean, but I would venture to say that any who cares about the weather at a showcase event that their kid isn't attending isn't above anyone's weight class.

UCLA is looking at West Coast's DA goalie at 04. Doubtful that UCLA is looking to add two goalies that year, but UCLA's ability to stash loads of talent away on its bench always surprises me.

I don't really know what you mean, but I would venture to say that any who cares about the weather at a showcase event that their kid isn't attending isn't above anyone's weight class.

UCLA is looking at West Coast's DA goalie at 04. Doubtful that UCLA is looking to add two goalies that year, but UCLA's ability to stash loads of talent away on its bench always surprises me.

I’m sure my alma mater is looking at more than one player in any given position.

This Cali native loves great weather and plenty of sunshine. Enjoy the rain. :D

Unless there is lightning, they will probably play soccer. The game was invented in England.

When my DD was playing in college back in South Carolina, she routinely played in the rain and on some very muddy fields. They also had several games stopped and restarted an hour later after the lightning or the tornado warning had passed. She would tell you the downside was having to have 5-6 pair of cleats for the different field conditions. She actually loved playing in the rain back there since it cooled everything off in those blazing hot and humid days of August through October.

My DD doesn't care one bit about the rain other than her it's difficult for her to see in sports glasses.
Does she use any kind of coating like RainX on her glasses to help the water bead off? I have been tempted, but worry about how it might effect the anti-glare coating.

Does she use any kind of coating like RainX on her glasses to help the water bead off? I have been tempted, but worry about how it might effect the anti-glare coating.

We’ve tried everything . The issue we experienced was the body steam fogged her glasses in the rain. Contacts will soon be in her future.

Ah yes....you "intellectually" see what I'm saying.

As for fun in the Westwood Sun, That ain't no joke...... from ucla's roster, My kiddo currently has 4 or 5 former ecnl teamates and another 3 coming in this season....shoot, My Kiddo's college coaching staff would LOVE to pick off a few of their bench players who are A) ok w/leaving home and B) ready to play come rain, sleek or snow.

Ah yes....you "intellectually" see what I'm saying.

As for fun in the Westwood Sun, That ain't no joke...... from ucla's roster, My kiddo currently has 4 or 5 former ecnl teamates and another 3 coming in this season....shoot, My Kiddo's college coaching staff would LOVE to pick off a few of their bench players who are A) ok w/leaving home and B) ready to play come rain, sleek or snow.

I don't really care about the leagues. Frankly, ECNL has always done right by my kid. I just want to put my kid in the most competitive environment available to her so she can develop as a player. If that league was still ECNL, my kid would be playing ECNL. It's not though; it's not really close.

In response to reality, I hear that it "doesn't matter what team you are on" or "college coaches find talent". Well, no sh*t. That's really beside the point. As some would like to remind the forum, that was also the case when ECNL was the most competitive league. Good teams and good players are not all in GDA, just as they were not all in ECNL in the years prior. Bottom line, though, is that GDA is a much, much better league week in and week out this year because of the talent pool compared to any other league. People can try to throw shade on that by claiming parents are chasing a patch or chasing the national team. What parents (and kids) are really chasing is the best competition they can get - that's what sports are ultimately about.

I’m sure my alma mater is looking at more than one player in any given position.

This Cali native loves great weather and plenty of sunshine. Enjoy the rain. :D
There are some good arguments for attending and playing in Cali for sure. Ultimately it comes down to what the player desires. I was quite surprised to learn that my DD is considering a "four seasons" program. She loves the sun and surf with a passion so it was quite a surprise but then again it is her time so we just support with guidance and encouragement....and lots of $$$ for private training and travel LOL

Enjoy the journey! Best of everything for your DD.

Perhaps ..(from purely soccer perspective) ...especially w/such a fine institution as Shales Avatar. But reading thru his/her post....brings flashbacks of our old friend Cali (but Shales player can actually ball)

I agree with you but @shales1002 kid has the chops and the pedigree. If she wants to put in the work she can go very far in this game or pretty much any game she chooses. Good luck to you sir and your amazing young lady this summer and upcoming fall!

So just from my kid's experience they target the best 3 or 4 players at a particular position of need and then figure out which they think are the best and have the best long term potential. Then of course they consider fit for the team's style of play, the kid's personality and support group and of course their academic fit. Lot's of talented kids get filtered out by this process and the coaches have a good eye for talent. And once anyone gets on campus it is welcome to the Hunger Games where all PT is earned and sometimes being really good doesn't equate to many minutes. I like shale's players chances if that is what she desires based upon what I have heard.

Good luck to you and your player.

I agree with you but @shales1002 kid has the chops and the pedigree. If she wants to put in the work she can go very far in this game or pretty much any game she chooses. Good luck to you sir and your amazing young lady this summer and upcoming fall!

Thanks MAP. If your player & her delta force battalion wins this years natty (which I'm forecasting this is their year)....how bout she take the following year off w/a semester overseas, come back and play her final year of playing eligibility w/us in the NE to win The Game & league title. You know our staff will for sure make room for a Socal pedigree Baller w/Brains!

Thanks MAP. If your player & her delta force battalion wins this years natty (which I'm forecasting this is their year)....how bout she take the following year off w/a semester overseas, come back and play her final year of playing eligibility w/us in the NE to win The Game & league title. You know our staff will for sure make room for a Socal pedigree Baller w/Brains!

I am really excited for your player sir. She is going to one of the absolute best institutions of higher learning on the planet and will not only get a chance to ball out against some amazing athletes but I imagine that her and her classmates will be a who's who of national and international power players in the future. Knowing that she is taking her pedigree to those hallowed halls makes me feel much better about our countries collective future.

Good luck to you and your amazing young lady!!

Good luck to everyone this weekend (DA & ECNL kiddos) Sade travels to all and hopefully all sidelines will be packed with eager college coaches.

First day is over, and I have seen more college coaches than the last two Phoenix ECNL events. Probably 1/3 head coach, 2/3 assistant, but that ratio is consistent with prior events. The Power 5, Ivy, top D3 all relatively same representation as before, meaning majority here from each. Most coaches here are D1 programs.

Asked a few coaches, most said staff split and attending both DA and ECNL. Guess they figured out how to walk and chew gum at same time. I would expect similar report from N.C.

Did not ask, but must volunteered that they were happy to be in AZ, and their colleagues not so thrilled with weather in N.C.

Finally, still a large number here that are not on the published list. Any doubt I had is gone, those lists are mostly useless.

From what I understand there were many power 5 school coaches, as well as many other D1 programs in attendance in Phoenix. I'm told there were as many as 40+ at 03 games. I was there yesterday and there were at least 10 on the side lines from major schools. That's a good sign if these coaches are sticking around for Sunday afternoon games and not already on a flight home. Seems like Phoenix was a great success. Any news on what happened in NC? If both events had good attendance, then it's win win for all the players.

From what I understand there were many power 5 school coaches, as well as many other D1 programs in attendance in Phoenix. I'm told there were as many as 40+ at 03 games. I was there yesterday and there were at least 10 on the side lines from major schools. That's a good sign if these coaches are sticking around for Sunday afternoon games and not already on a flight home. Seems like Phoenix was a great success. Any news on what happened in NC? If both events had good attendance, then it's win win for all the players.
There were roughly 15 Coaches at our 9am u14 game this morning a majority were D1 schools. There were a good amount of Coaches but I can’t give you a count from the Olders as their venue was not really close to our fields (had to walk a bit of distance they the woods)

We had 25+ on Saturday in the terrible weather and 40+ on Sunday. Mostly D1 from Eastern and Midwest schools. We have not seen many West Coast coaches. I would expect the West Coast coaches will be out in force in San Diego in June.

There were roughly 15 Coaches at our 9am u14 game this morning a majority were D1 schools. There were a good amount of Coaches but I can’t give you a count from the Olders as their venue was not really close to our fields (had to walk a bit of distance they the woods)
Similar turnout for the LAGSD vs FC Dallas 04 game at 9am yesterday. West coast schools seen were Stanford, Pepperdine, and SDSU. Certainly more coaches from the East and Midwest. “3” Texas schools in attendance which one would have expected considering who was playing. (Texas, Texas A&M, UTSA)

Back