ECNL 2

If I came across argumentative my apologies as it seems to have set you off a bit. I am an observer of DA and not a member. I was just being curious.

Lot of buzz on the eastern boards about “ECNL 2.”

The way it was explained to me is that ECNL is contemplating rolling out a league where existing ECNL clubs can place their second teams. So, for example, instead of a club having its top team in ECNL and second team in NPL, the second team would be in ECNL 2. Supposedly it would only involve ECNL member clubs and not be expanded to bring in outside clubs.

Anyone heard chatter about this?

Anyone have any more information on the "ECNL 2"?

Anyone have any more information on the "ECNL 2"?
Details are slow to roll out, but almost all the ECNL clubs in the Southwest division are constructing ECNL2 teams at this point and signing up those teams for summer tournament play to get those teams going.

Assumption is the ECNL2 league play will mirror what DPL has done with DA. Inclusion of ECNL2 teams for select ECNL showcases is supposed to be on the table as well.

Like anything it has it's pros and cons, will be a good fit for some and not for others.

Details are slow to roll out, but almost all the ECNL clubs in the Southwest division are constructing ECNL2 teams at this point and signing up those teams for summer tournament play to get those teams going.

Assumption is the ECNL2 league play will mirror what DPL has done with DA. Inclusion of ECNL2 teams for select ECNL showcases is supposed to be on the table as well.

Like anything it has it's pros and cons, will be a good fit for some and not for others.
Is it a fall/spring league or fall league only? i.e. do teams have to go to Arizona for home/away or is there a 50% chance you only play the Arizona teams at home? :)

Is it a fall/spring league or fall league only? i.e. do teams have to go to Arizona for home/away or is there a 50% chance you only play the Arizona teams at home? :)
If it remains true to the current format of the ECNL Texas or Ohio Valley Conference Regional Leagues, it will be be a fall / spring league. Existing schedules show that teams played home / away format as well.

Are ecnl clubs taking their current highest level (non ecnl) team and making them ecnl2? Or are they creating new teams? (Ie- grabbing kids from dpl/da, f1, etc)?

My DD’s club (in the northeast) took their second teams (NPL) and made them their ECNL regional league team for next year.
Here is part of the email:

In the first two weeks of May we will have our ECNL ID Clinics for our 2019-20 ECNL National League and ECNL Regional League teams.

Full info on the ECNL Regional League can be found here: https://www.eliteclubsnationalleagu...-northeast-conference-for-the-2019-20-season/

Reminder, our current NPL teams will be moving into the ECNL Regional League for next year.

2019-20-Girls-ECNL-Club-Map-April-22-2019.001.jpeg

It still seems strange to see ECNL without the Surf name attached given SD Surf was at the forefront of the founding members. Prolonged rumors Surf was returning to ECNL look to have been unfounded, which is a big win for GDA that Surf decided to stay. ECNL has LAFC Slammers who are a powerhouse but is left with the Blues B team and Slammers B team, plus Breakers, Strikers, Arsenal who are not great. Not to say GDA doesn't have warts (Los Angeles Premier, Pats) and I know there's a lot of Surf haters out there, but if I was ECNL right now I'd be looking to gain some stronger clubs in the SW conference (Rebels was a good add and Eagles too for us north of the city but most of the other additions of the previous 12 months are head scratchers).

Upcoming season as of today I'd definitely say GDAs schedule is more testing......but there's time for more moving and shaking this spring in the political cauldron that is Socal soccer.

EDIT....just realized this is an ECNL 2 thread. My views on that are that, like "DPL" it's just a power grab that won't help the kids but will help the bottom line of the organizations and clubs that run them.

Has it even been officially announced for So Cal yet? Are clubs promising an ECNL2 roster spot before the league is full baked? (It may well be fully baked, but just not announced to the public yet)

It still seems strange to see ECNL without the Surf name attached given SD Surf was at the forefront of the founding members. Prolonged rumors Surf was returning to ECNL look to have been unfounded, which is a big win for GDA that Surf decided to stay. ECNL has LAFC Slammers who are a powerhouse but is left with the Blues B team and Slammers B team, plus Breakers, Strikers, Arsenal who are not great. Not to say GDA doesn't have warts (Los Angeles Premier, Pats) and I know there's a lot of Surf haters out there, but if I was ECNL right now I'd be looking to gain some stronger clubs in the SW conference (Rebels was a good add and Eagles too for us north of the city but most of the other additions of the previous 12 months are head scratchers).

Upcoming season as of today I'd definitely say GDAs schedule is more testing......but there's time for more moving and shaking this spring in the political cauldron that is Socal soccer.

EDIT....just realized this is an ECNL 2 thread. My views on that are that, like "DPL" it's just a power grab that won't help the kids but will help the bottom line of the organizations and clubs that run them.

Blues have top teams in ECNL as well as DA. They are not A and B teams. Your assertion is unfounded by reality. Bakers U19 and U17 Blues teams are the top teams in the country at their age groups in any league in the country. Rogers and Holly also have elite teams in their age groups. Some kids like ECNL. Some like DA. Some like SCDSL.

Blues have top teams in ECNL as well as DA. They are not A and B teams. Your assertion is unfounded by reality. Bakers U19 and U17 Blues teams are the top teams in the country at their age groups in any league in the country. Rogers and Holly also have elite teams in their age groups. Some kids like ECNL. Some like DA. Some like SCDSL.
This upcoming year will be interesting for Blues. One of Bakers teams is fading out and if I’m correct he’s taking a team on the younger side that is not affiliated with either league. But that’s just what I’ve been told and can not confirm. Blues top 05 team does play DA. So, that leaves a lot of questions where their best teams will be positioned.

Back