ECNL 2

If they were AYSO coaches than how did they get DA in the first place?
There was a 1 or 2 year waiver of requirements immediately following the DA creation. It gave the clubs enough time to get their coaches licensed up. I have no idea about the Eagles coaching staff and whether or not they were able to meet those higher standards. I do know that ECNL does not have such requirements in place.

There was a 1 or 2 year waiver of requirements immediately following the DA creation. It gave the clubs enough time to get their coaches licensed up. I have no idea about the Eagles coaching staff and whether or not they were able to meet those higher standards. I do know that ECNL does not have such requirements in place.

The information is on their website - they have recreational coaches and once licensed 'C'. ECNL does not care if you even practice. They just provide a gaming and showcase platform.

The information is on their website - they have recreational coaches and once licensed 'C'. ECNL does not care if you even practice. They just provide a gaming and showcase platform.
The coaches on their website with the lower level licenses that you're referring aren't the current USSDA coaches. They coach lower level teams.

The coaches on their website with the lower level licenses that you're referring aren't the current USSDA coaches. They coach lower level teams.

There is only one GDA coach not on the Eagles website that transferred from a nearby GDA club because of exactly what we are discussing here...

No, the Slammers teams will all play in the same league. Not an "A" and a "B" team. This also means that the different ECNL Slammers teams will play each other as well.
Hi. I’m curious how you know this? I’ve been trying to get more information on the Slammers ECNL2 team(s), but since this is all so new, I haven’t been able to find out much.

Hi. I’m curious how you know this? I’ve been trying to get more information on the Slammers ECNL2 team(s), but since this is all so new, I haven’t been able to find out much.

My DD is on one of the ECNL Slammers teams. The new ones are also ECNL now, in the same league as the existing ECNL Slammers teams.

So then it gets even more watered down and non competitive for LAFC slammers who lead in standings in practically all ages and many without a single loss. Now they get to beat up on those same clubs 2nd teams and their own clubs 3rd and 4th teams

So then it gets even more watered down and non competitive for LAFC slammers who lead in standings in practically all ages and many without a single loss. Now they get to beat up on those same clubs 2nd teams and their own clubs 3rd and 4th teams
Slammers has 2 first place teams out of the 7 ECNL age groups. Only one of their teams is undefeated, and that team is in 2nd place for that age group. No need for the hyperbole.

Slammers has 2 first place teams out of the 7 ECNL age groups. Only one of their teams is undefeated, and that team is in 2nd place for that age group. No need for the hyperbole.
Not at all. They got 1 team with more than 1 loss and that team has 2 it's not much of an exaggeration just making a point for the clubs that are cake walking thru ecnl mainly lafc slammers heat and a couple blues that either aren't in da yet or putting best players in ecnl over da for that age, are going to have even more of a cake walk when you add ecnl teams into their league.

It would be like if da added dpl into da. Except I'm not sure if any one club is is cruising with not much competition through all age groups.

Is the ecnl2 regional league separate then?

What I have heard is that Slammers will field two ECNL teams (LAFC Slammers and Slammers FC, same as this year) and two ENCL 2/ECNL Regional teams (LAFC Slammers and Slammers FC). Two teams in each league, not four teams in one league.

What I have heard is that Slammers will field two ECNL teams (LAFC Slammers and Slammers FC, same as this year) and two ENCL 2/ECNL Regional teams (LAFC Slammers and Slammers FC). Two teams in each league, not four teams in one league.
That contradicts everything I've heard. They will be in the same league. Not a 1 or 2 team.

That contradicts everything I've heard. They will be in the same league. Not a 1 or 2 team.
You may be interchanging 2 different things.

1. Slammers has 2 teams in ECNL (they call one LAFC Slammers and the other Slammers FC). These teams are in the same league-- but LAFC is always the higher of the 2 (look at the standings). I would expect that will continue. So there are 2 teams in the same league.

2. Dof3 probably has it right for the ECNL Regional League (ECNL 2). There will be an LAFC Slammers and Slammers FC team in this league, too. So 2 teams at this level, too.

Look at the 00/01 level this year for an indication of what will likely happen next year with their teams-- they have 2 teams in ECNL and 2 in ECNL Composite (believe the same coach-- AG-- coaches the 2 Composite teams this year, even though one is call LAFC Slammers and the other Slammers FC). Sounds like the ECNL Regional league will replace Composite at the older age group (01/02 next year), and then they will take this new league down to younger ages. I cannot imagine Slammers having 4 teams in the 'regular' ECNL level.

You may be interchanging 2 different things.

1. Slammers has 2 teams in ECNL (they call one LAFC Slammers and the other Slammers FC). These teams are in the same league-- but LAFC is always the higher of the 2 (look at the standings). I would expect that will continue. So there are 2 teams in the same league.

2. Dof3 probably has it right for the ECNL Regional League (ECNL 2). There will be an LAFC Slammers and Slammers FC team in this league, too. So 2 teams at this level, too.

Look at the 00/01 level this year for an indication of what will likely happen next year with their teams-- they have 2 teams in ECNL and 2 in ECNL Composite (believe the same coach-- AG-- coaches the 2 Composite teams this year, even though one is call LAFC Slammers and the other Slammers FC). Sounds like the ECNL Regional league will replace Composite at the older age group (01/02 next year), and then they will take this new league down to younger ages. I cannot imagine Slammers having 4 teams in the 'regular' ECNL level.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out -- I heard Slammers will be taking all 4 teams to ECNL, same league, same showcases (2) LAFC Slammers teams, and (2) Slammers FC teams...

Will be interesting to see how this pans out -- I heard Slammers will be taking all 4 teams to ECNL, same league, same showcases (2) LAFC Slammers teams, and (2) Slammers FC teams...

Not happening. Only 2 teams in ECNL (LAFC and Slammers FC) and 2 teams in ECNL 2/Regional League (LAFC 2 and Slammers FC 2).

Back