ECNL 2

What about someone like LA Premier? They are an absolute joke. Will they be asked to leave or bow out, or is it all about the $$$
On the boys side, they just got U14 and their U13s are doing great (shellacked the Galaxy this weekend). I don't see them going anywhere.

Boys and girls development pathways are pretty different.

Boys are looking to use soccer to get into college or help get it paid for, but professional options are also beginning to increase here and abroad for the very top American boys. Girls are almost exclusively looking to improve their college prospects.

Boys DA has MLS as an anchor and other professional leagues (USL) entering the market. Girls DA is mostly an off-shoot of the Boys DA programs (and should probably be negotiating a better partnership with NWSL).

Boys ECNL got a late start relative to DA and isn't close to dominating the club soccer scene and is almost irrelevant in SoCal. Girls ECNL got an early start relative to DA and looks to be surpassing DA and certainly dominates the club soccer scene currently.

Boys ECNL 2 would be a disaster for most clubs in Socal as it is hard enough to field one team capable of covering the expense of ECNL. Girls ECNL 2 could be managed but many clubs in Socal but it is difficult to justify the expense for most second teams.

MLS pulling out of DA or DA restructuring anyway or US Soccer restructuring Girls DA or any/all of the above will impact all of this dramatically and if I were ECNL I would be scrambling to make a deal with the USSF or NWSL or both.

On the boys side, they just got U14 and their U13s are doing great (shellacked the Galaxy this weekend). I don't see them going anywhere.

No argument re boys, I should've clarified. My statement was aimed at their girls program. No disrespect to any of the DDs playing there, but I just don't know who'd make that decision for their kid other than it being an easy way to say at the country club that your daughter plays DA.

What about someone like LA Premier? They are an absolute joke. Will they be asked to leave or bow out, or is it all about the $$$

Eagles coaching staff cannot support GDA requirements. Eagles girls soccer has mostly been coached with AYSO level coaching credentials over the years. They will be fine in ECNL.

Does US Soccer care? How will they select call-ups if more and more at at ECNL and not following the US Soccer curriculum

US soccer curriculumo_O? Do you really think clubs/coaches from either league are following any curriculum other than their own. Dont be naive.

It’s all about the coaching not the league or club. The big issue is their isn’t enough good coaching in either league.

Eagles coaching staff cannot support GDA requirements. Eagles girls soccer has mostly been coached with AYSO level coaching credentials over the years. They will be fine in ECNL.
If they were AYSO coaches than how did they get DA in the first place? Valid points on LAPFC as Standings show not a good run for them in DA

Back