Dallas is Nuts!!

This weekend in Dallas was fun for the boys, but man, who would schedule a tournament in Dallas in mid June? One day it was 101 at 7pm with a "real feel" of 120. Even with all the rescheduling to work around the heat, by the end of the last game, half the kids were limping around cramping and some looked like they were going into heat stroke. The teams with more subs won almost every game I watched and I don't see how scouts can evaluate the players in those conditions.

They should at least switch Maryland and Dallas, or better would be:
- Fest (December) - Dallas
- Flex (April) - Indio
- Playoffs (June) - Maryland

This weekend in Dallas was fun for the boys, but man, who would schedule a tournament in Dallas in mid June? One day it was 101 at 7pm with a "real feel" of 120. Even with all the rescheduling to work around the heat, by the end of the last game, half the kids were limping around cramping and some looked like they were going into heat stroke. The teams with more subs won almost every game I watched and I don't see how scouts can evaluate the players in those conditions.

- Flex (April) - Indio

Ya thought the same thing that they should switch Maryland and Dallas. Also very little shade/trees in Dallas around the fields. Maryland has lots of trees around every field. Luckily 2 of our 3 games were early in the morning, even then it was getting hot around the 2nd half

Ya thought the same thing that they should switch Maryland and Dallas. Also very little shade/trees in Dallas around the fields. Maryland has lots of trees around every field. Luckily 2 of our 3 games were early in the morning, even then it was getting hot around the 2nd half
Dallas should be April because Indio can be too hot in April and Dallas has ice storms and other weather issues in December. Dallas was nuts.

Colorado has the elevation+ changing weather, Midwest can be hot, Florida humid so the complexes the host these in summer you never know and Texas yeah compared to coastal socal not fun!

Everyone is playing in the same conditions so it's about conditioning and player management but yeah the scheduling is crazy ..not enough time to recover

Colorado has the elevation+ changing weather, Midwest can be hot, Florida humid so the complexes the host these in summer you never know and Texas yeah compared to coastal socal not fun!

Everyone is playing in the same conditions so it's about conditioning and player management but yeah the scheduling is crazy ..not enough time to recover
"Everyone is playing in the same conditions" -- That's a poor excuse for torturing children.

- Flex (April) - Indio

That sounds terrible.

I shall never complain about 90 degrees in the sun in Norco again. (Though, that can be miserable as well...)

That sounds terrible.

I shall never complain about 90 degrees in the sun in Norco again. (Though, that can be miserable as well...)
The worst I have seen was on a high-school FieldTurf field in San Diego County. One player who was wearing ultralight cleats ended up with blisters (literally second-degree burns) on the soles of both feet.

Back